* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: playable characters  (Read 8098 times)

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
Re: playable characters
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011, 09:44:25 PM »
How would you dictate the escape from the police after the battle? Would there be a timer, and when it runs out, you're caught? If so, how would the amount of time on the clock be set? Like, fifteen seconds to escape per turn you had left before getting caught?

As a side note, I'm against having the ability to rob other players. I just wanna get my two cents in on the subject anyway.

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2011, 10:40:23 PM »
 There's of course, nothing wrong with being against it, I myself wouldn't join a Crime Organization in Pokémon even if I could, but it is better if we create a system that would be acceptable than to leave it alone simply since we don't care. Also I am starting to get fond of this, too bad the chance that it will be implemented into the game is very very low. It's a fun topic nevertheless...

I am indeed glad you asked that question, since I didn't really think about it.

- At first, I did not think that it would have been a good idea to have the time you are left with after the battle to use it as an escape. - Mainly for the reason that if you successfully pulled off the heist, but you only pull it off exactly before the Police arrives, you wouldn't have enough time to escape, and your hard work would be wasted.-

- After further thought however, I like your idea. The police would arrive a whole minute later for each Turn that was not used up (consider it as a little bonus for being fast) which would give plenty of time to the TC member to "escape" (Jerry said a Turn is around 1 minute so I'm just going along with it, so it's not like we extended the time for him anyway).

- For those who were only able to finish the robbery exactly before the Police arrives to the scene, another - a sort of penalty - challenge would be given: The arriving Police officer would go to the scene of the battle, than from there she would start patrolling the whole map for a while. That solves the presence of the Police after a robbery I believe.

- Now the challenge for our dear TC member would be to avoid meeting eyes with the patrolling Police officer, at least until he gets to the other map. So the police officer would act like a normal trainer looking to challenge others, but would only challenge the one who committed the crime. So it would be a matter of avoiding people patrolling, I've done the same thing in the games too, when I avoided Trainers.

- Another thing: if the TC member successfully gets to the other map, where another police officer is patrolling, it wouldn't affect him, since when he entered a new map, he became Neutral again instead of Hostile.
     Thanks for the question. :)
                                                     Cheers, Genbor

PS: I already said that robbery doesn't have to mean stripping other players of their items. It could be something like doubling or tripling the reward money gained after a duel with another player, which might be more acceptable. I wouldn't want my ultra special unique item to be stolen either.
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2011, 07:10:46 PM »
Okay, I'm still confused about your example 2 and 3. I get the formula (that's not really important really, but I first mistunderstood it due to lack of brackets... :-[ ) but it's the outcome that I don't get.

In 2, you're on a route, and there are no unmarked NP, would here not be in the same situation as 3?

Oh and another word on the time/turn, if the turns ever happen to be less than 1 minute (which is the case 95% of times with active players) then turn take priority over time. So that if a match lasted 2 minutes but there were 6 turns, that would still mean 6 turns passed and the police is 'closer'.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2011, 07:31:34 PM »

I must apologize, i made a mistake. Thanks for pointing it out. Yes, Example 2 and Example 3 are the same since there are no "unmarked" NPs. I made it sound like the Police won't be called on you in Example 3, but I disregarded Example 2 being the same case.
   -> Example 2: 3 TC + 1 NP, Route Scenario ( 3(base) + 2 (route +1 and 2 NP another +1) - 0(unmakred)= 5 Turns before Police catches you.
   -> Example 3: 1 TC + 1 NP, [this time place doesn't matter] ( The Police won't be called on you)

What I was trying to show with Example 2, was that if there are more TCs, the number is Positive, if there are more NPs, it's negative. Maybe it would have been enough to stop at Example 2 and just jam in the "Police won't be called on you" part, so that it wouldn't have become confusing. I once again apologize. Hope that cleared it up.
                                                                Cheers, Genbor
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2011, 07:45:13 PM »
Yes, that clears it up now and things fit in well from my end :)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...