* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Scizor>Scyther  (Read 18541 times)

Offline Socrates

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Scizor>Scyther
« on: February 03, 2010, 03:27:45 am »
Most people believe Scyther is better then Scizor because he betters stats, moves, etc. But Scizor is better than Scyther because of one reason, he looks cooler. I think it would take a heck of an argument to prove Scizor isn't the coolest looking pokemon out there. Scizor rules!!!
Scizor>Scyther

Offline Dellancher

• Beginning Trainer
  • jakals in the courtyard
    • View Profile
Re: Scizor>Scyther
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 03:30:27 am »
No way Scyther is such a stud.  He has always been my personal favorite.  He may be used in competitive play a lot less, Scizor being in a lot more, but Scyther will always be better.  He looks so cool and has a wicked cry.

SCYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
i never sleep, because sleep is the cousin of death

--nasty nas in yo' area

don't be humble, you're not that great

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 05:15:48 am »
Most people believe Scyther is better then Scizor because he betters stats, moves, etc. But Scizor is better than Scyther because of one reason, he looks cooler. I think it would take a heck of an argument to prove Scizor isn't the coolest looking pokemon out there. Scizor rules!!!

Arguments (at least the intelligent ones) are based on the laws of logic.

As such, logic would dictate that if Scyther has better 'stats, moves, etc,' then Scyther would be the 'better' Pokemon.

'Coolness' is a matter of opinion and therefor doesn't exist in the realms of logic. Just because you think something is better because it 'looks cooler' doesn't automatically make it so.

So, to sum things up, you believe that Scizor would totally get its butt kicked by Scyther, but'll look good during so.  ;)

P.S.

Scyther came first, Scyther saw first, Scyther kicked butt first. Scyther>Scizor

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 05:51:48 am »
I prefer scizor. it has the steel typing and good defenses with awesome attack. it is a much bulkier pokemon with better moves. so for me,

Scyther<Scizor.
I like slowpoke.

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 05:52:34 am »

Arguments (at least the intelligent ones) are based on the laws of logic.

As such, logic would dictate that if Scyther has better 'stats, moves, etc,' then Scyther would be the 'better' Pokemon.

'Coolness' is a matter of opinion and therefor doesn't exist in the realms of logic. Just because you think something is better because it 'looks cooler' doesn't automatically make it so.

So, to sum things up, you believe that Scizor would totally get its butt kicked by Scyther, but'll look good during so.  ;)

P.S.

Scyther came first, Scyther saw first, Scyther kicked butt first. Scyther>Scizor

Couldn't have said it any better.

Offline drpepper245

• Beginning Trainer
  • <(o.o<)c=(^^Q)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 06:18:30 am »
I prefer scizor. it has the steel typing and good defenses with awesome attack. it is a much bulkier pokemon with better moves. so for me,

Scyther<Scizor.

I like Scizor as much as I like fire weaknesses.
"What can one do when one loses what matters most?" - Valkyrie Profile

Offline joe198098

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 09:31:32 am »
that and blades are way more impressive than picers. would you be as intimidated if someone ran at you with a crab claw than if they had two huge scythes? i didnt think so.

scyther>scizor.

that gives me something to draw, a scyther with drills as hands. still not as cool but why not? it will surpress my boredom.

Offline Socrates

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 09:41:30 pm »
Scizor has better colors (The Red/Dark color scheme is much better then the Green color scheme), but the claws I think look cooler on Scizor than the blades on Scyther. Agreeing with Dellancher, Scyther has a better cry. This post was not made to show that Scyther is a "better" pokemon based on who I would use in a game, it is to show who I think is a "better" as in more favorable pokemon. Scizor in the anime is broadcasted as a much cooler pokemon than Scyther. They always show Scyther in the anime as such a mean, scary pokemon. Scizor is simply better based on appearance. Kuhns, I never said I was making a logical argument based on stats, this is simply an opinion of why I like Scizor more so stop getting SO devistated.
Scizor>Scyther

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 09:42:42 pm »
Ive never even heard of a Scisor until I read the opening post.

SO im going to go with Scyther.
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline Alais

• Normal Trainer
  • I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 11:48:33 pm »
Back when only gen 1 was out, my brother and I used to joke that there was a pokemon called scizor, because scissors are not exactly cool and it's so overused to make something awesome by adding -or to the end. We laughed so hard when they actually went and made it for real.
Remember, unless we say it will be included, a Team Member's speculation and ideas are still just speculation and ideas. Though it may be more likely to be included, there are no guarantees!

Please check out our Jobs forum if you would like to help us with the development of Pokemon Universe. We don't bite, but we do have high standards. Hope to see you on IRC!

Offline Dracoules

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 01:18:37 am »
No way Scyther is such a stud.
'Nuff said.
Yeah, I know right?

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 02:10:16 am »
Scizor has better colors (The Red/Dark color scheme is much better then the Green color scheme), but the claws I think look cooler on Scizor than the blades on Scyther. Agreeing with Dellancher, Scyther has a better cry. This post was not made to show that Scyther is a "better" pokemon based on who I would use in a game, it is to show who I think is a "better" as in more favorable pokemon. Scizor in the anime is broadcasted as a much cooler pokemon than Scyther. They always show Scyther in the anime as such a mean, scary pokemon. Scizor is simply better based on appearance. Kuhns, I never said I was making a logical argument based on stats, this is simply an opinion of why I like Scizor more so stop getting SO devistated.

...Uh, deviastated? I think you should go look that one up before using it again.

I was merely stating that an argument would be pointless in comparing the two, since it is a matter of opinion, and not of something with more reasonable grounds. As such you did state that:

Most people believe Scyther is better then Scizor because he betters stats, moves, etc

followed up by:

But Scizor is better than Scyther because of one reason, he looks cooler.

So yes, I do understand that you believe that Scizor is a better Pokemon because you think it looks better than Scyther.  8)

In saying that, I stand firm on my opinion that Scyther is a better Pokemon than Scizor.

Offline Socrates

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 03:40:30 am »
Ok whatever. Just stating my opinion about how Scizor is clearly the cooler looking pokemon
Scizor>Scyther

Offline pokemi

• Beginning Trainer
  • waaaassssuuuuup
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 12:10:15 pm »
why is this subject still up? imean its about how"cool"scizor is an i only have on this statement to say

THIS FORUM IS STUPID

i mean,as kuhns said its about opinion so who cares if it looks so cool
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 12:12:04 pm by pokemi »

Offline silentkey

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 05:32:32 pm »
Yay for the logic on the first page! Scyther>scizor
All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts.