* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [RP] For the Greater Good  (Read 12939 times)

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
Re: [RP] For the Greater Good
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2011, 07:20:54 AM »
Chernobog chortled slightly. He removed his helmet, letting it hang near the base of his neck by its straps. He took a cigar, lighting it with a flame procured from a zippo lighter build into the middle finger of his armor.

"You've got nerve, profligate, I'll give you that."

Chernobog bit down on the cigar, not yet taking a puff.

Offline Hank

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2011, 05:58:40 PM »
Bastion starts speaking once more, after taking a long pause to breath.

"You bombed a building...for a childish reason."
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 06:13:14 PM by LittlePony »

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2011, 06:27:49 PM »
Chernobog took the cigar out of his mouth, shaking his head.

"Was it childish, Profligate? Is it childish to take action when all is taken from you unjustly? When you've been denied your rightful place atop the chain of command? Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus Buddhists, we've all been done a common wrong. Theft, Profligate. From us has been taken all the power we once had over the common people - profligates, such as yourself. And it has been taken from us by none other than the very puppets we once used for that control."

He crouched down, about eye level with the stranger.
"Is it childish... to be in the right?"

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2011, 06:54:38 PM »
The door behind Chernobog swings open, and Miles can be seen leaning on the doorframe, with a glass of scotch in hand.
"Chernobog, get the hell out of here. I don't need people thinking that this bar is a place to LARP when they're not trying to pick up girls in a victorian dialect."
He waves his hands in a 'shoo' motion.

"And that goes for the rest of you too. We're CLOSED"

Turning around, he slams the door but with the lock broken, it drifts open slightly with a creak.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2011, 09:29:45 PM »
Chernobog stood up, placing his helmet back securely on his head.
"We are not attacking anyone, Profligate. We are merely defending what is ours."

He turned from the stranger, walking away.
"Thanks for the cigar, though."

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2011, 10:52:05 PM »
Well, if we don't kill Chernobog I know what will, well it looks like I'm not getting  any information out of the bartender anyway.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Hank

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2011, 11:28:20 PM »
Bastion stared at Chernobog as he walked away.
"Wait!"
Bastion shouts.
"Thank you for your time!"
He grabs his keys from his pocket and goes into his car. He drives off smiling.

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2011, 10:56:36 PM »
  Cecil walked to the entrance of the network of underground caves of the Temple of the Black Light. This wasn't the whole headquarters, only a few sections were underground. The whole Temple of the Black Light was surprisingly large. The above-ground areas were well-concealed, so it hadn't been found by the government yet.

Cecil walked through the entrance, and got into one of the subway-like vehicles that could transport people to different sections of the huge network that were miles away. It took him to the plaza of an underground city, with artificial lighting systems. It wasn't as bright as it was outside of the caves, but it was good enough.

Cecil walked to the HQ, which was a group of huge buildings arranged in a square, so that there was a big area in the center, which had a few different purposes. There was the living quarters for soldiers, which had a cafeteria, a lounge(couldn't think of a better word.), dormitories, and training rooms; a building for generals and the leaders of the Temple of the Black Light, and a few more buildings. He went to his dorm, cleaned off the dagger he had used to kill the salesman at the mall, and took off his armor. He looked in the mirror. He had thick sand-blonde hair that went about halfway down his neck. His eyes were a darker shade of green than most people with green eyes had. He had an intense and unrelenting gaze, which had struck fear into the few people who had ever seen him without his helmet. He always wore his helmet around other people, and only lifted the piece of his helmet that covered his mouth when he was eating.

He was going to meet one of the leaders the next morning to receive an assignment. It was most likely an assassination attempt on someone from the government. He sat on his bed, thinking about the events today, and wondered why they had decided to blow up the mall. He knew the reason wasn't what the leaders had told them. He heard a knock on his door, and scrambled to get his helmet before they opened the door and saw him. He wanted to keep his true identity a secret, for multiple reasons. The most obvious one was that he was an assassin, and he didn't trust anyone enough to believe that they wouldn't accidentally give him away if he was attempting to assassinate someone without his armor. He grabbed his helmet, but he was too late, and the door opened before he could put it on.

((Cliffhanger :P))

((I'll list the second reason later, since it's going to be important for character development later on))

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2011, 10:41:35 PM »
Chernobog approached the entrance to their headquarters, which was once a mosque. The guards, appropriately, were both Muslims. They stepped aside at the first sight of Chernobog's armor, having learned long ago that he wasn't a man to be kept waiting.

Pushing the doors open, he was met with an empty building, a thin layer of dust coating everything. To the average person, it appeared to have been recently abandoned. To those whom placed their allegiances with the Black Light, on the other hand...
Chernobog moved to the front of the mosque, where a small marble block was jutting out of the floor, a small slit in its center. Removing the sword from it's upside-down sheath on his back, he pressed the blade into the marble, causing a small click. Sheathing his blade, Chernobog pushed against the marble, causing it to swing on its hidden hinges, revealing a staircase underneath.
Cliche, perhaps. But definitely an effective disguise.

Chernobog descended down into their base, replacing the marble block as he went.

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2011, 03:24:28 AM »
I get back in my car, i also grab my radio. The bartender's bar is closed, Got any other great plans?
Uh.....no.
Roger.
I put the radio down.
Why do they always send me on missions i can't complete?
Beats me.
Good to see your still activated GPS, i think you need a nickname.
Okay, how about sheila?
No overused, how about navi?
Why?
Oh nothing.
I remember how annoying navi was in The legend of zelda ocarina of time.
Okay, you do realize that all i can help you with is the directions, but i can also give you someone to talk to.
Great.

((Start posting again!))
TRANSMISSION_END