* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: my turn :-) hello everyone!  (Read 3222 times)

Offline schindle

• Beginning Trainer
  • legenadaries are just too OP... just too OP
    • View Profile
my turn :-) hello everyone!
« on: February 06, 2010, 03:20:21 PM »
heya.

just wanted to introduce myself.
My Name is Tom, im from Germany, just 23 years young and im studying Business education with specialization at human ressources and... im playing pokemon :-D

to be specific: i played red/yellow and gold, then stopped because the newer games ennoyed me too much. nothing really new, still old game mechanics so why paying more money :-)

so i started to play WoW. On Classic i played it real hard, reaching top100 of the world with my guild regarding content. on BC then reached top 20 of the world, played with the famous forte guild on beta realms, was the first player worldwide, regarding wowwebstats, to reach 1500 dps on an encounter, wrote game-mechanics and game-balancing articles on elitistjerks.com regarding broken hunter-mechanics :-)

but thats all in the past, i stopped playing and started to concentrate on my study. because WoW was an 24/7 job at the end :-D

now i started to play pokemon again and i wondered myself if there is a MMO version of this. so i googled and found... PU. i was very pleased of the idea thats behind PU and, for sure, i want to help.

favourite games:

especially roleplaying games like final fantasy, diablo, baldurs gate, and for sure, mmorpgs like world of warcraft and guild wars. non-computer hobbies are, tablesoccer (yes! even playing championships:-P), soccer, tennis, actually sports^^

im listenig to indie-rock, indietronics, alternative rock and a piece of electronic music. favourite bands are the kooks, arctic monkeys, maximo park and franz ferdinand :-)

favourite films are some who not everybody should know. like 'citizen kane', 'annie hall', actually everything directed by woody allen. newer like jason reitman, or quentin tarantino movies.

so, only a litte overview of me :-)
hope to see you ingame!
"Call me Tom."

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: my turn :-) hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 05:45:20 PM »
Guten morgen Tom! Welcome to PU! :)

Nice introduction!
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 08:49:30 AM »
Guten Morgen also! (is that hello or welcome in German?) I dunno, I just copied it from what Jerry said. Well, anyways, welcome! Hope you enjoy your time at PU!
I like slowpoke.

Offline Blaze

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 12:12:11 PM »
I'm glad you like RPG game, I'm really looking forward to getting FFXIII!

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 03:46:07 PM »
Welcome to PU! Everyone here is fun to talk to, and you should come into the IRC chat room sometime :D

The only advice I can give is to read through the Idea threads before posting your own. Also using the search bar helps a lot to see if anything you where about to say has been said.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 08:00:56 PM »
Guten Morgen also! (is that hello or welcome in German?) I dunno, I just copied it from what Jerry said. Well, anyways, welcome! Hope you enjoy your time at PU!
Lol, Guten morgen is 'Good day' I think (but it's a greeting all right)... some German friend who tried to help me learn some German words XD
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...