* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Pixle artist.  (Read 6096 times)

Offline RadioactiveLemon

• Beginning Trainer
  • I like the number six
    • View Profile
Pixle artist.
« on: August 30, 2011, 06:08:25 AM »
Hello. I would like to applicate for pixle artistry. i can illustrate pixle art. (characters.) Im ok, I have made pixle art for flash animators, in pokemon animations. I don't have any powerful, uranium powered, super programs to illustrate, but I use gimp2, which works out great for me. I will be honest, I don't currently have the skill for advanced looking buildings or anything.But Im very good at npcs.My work is fairly professional. And I work under pressure.

Thanks for reading.
*insert creative signature here*

zylonnick

Re: Pixle artist.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 08:48:13 AM »
Could you give us an example of something you made?

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 09:14:50 AM »
1. Show us some previous work (or make something new in PU-style, see screenshots)
2. Join us at IRC, so we can have a little chat

You don't need "super programs" to create pixel art, we've had a guy who made everything in MSPaint.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline RadioactiveLemon

• Beginning Trainer
  • I like the number six
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 02:55:50 PM »
http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php?action=profile;area=pictures;sa=settings;u=78289;d8133518d594=e3f912e51304b13fa5ef8b6a2185465a

There. If you want me to make a couple more for show, no problem. By the way, the one in the bottom left needs a bit more work. I got the body down, but the face could be better.
Anyways, thank you for looking. Alot of other people like my work, and I hope you do aswell.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 03:56:00 PM by RadioactiveLemon »

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 08:55:41 PM »
Those seem to be more of sprites that you took from the original games and ripped them apart giving them new bodies somehow...

Plus I don't know... something seems odd with the pixels, as if they were elongated or something ???
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 09:14:25 PM »
The bodies are from the game too Jerry, don't kid yourself :P
He seems to have added these weird pieces of whats supposed to be hair to them, but you know, its not like we haven't had people like this before.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 09:34:36 PM »
Yes, I would have referred to them as trainer splice indeed. Good to know I'm not the only one with that feeling :P
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline RadioactiveLemon

• Beginning Trainer
  • I like the number six
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 09:38:54 PM »
They are splices.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 09:40:42 PM »
That settles it then. We don't want splices, but new creations.

Offline RadioactiveLemon

• Beginning Trainer
  • I like the number six
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 09:41:10 PM »
Then try to link us to some drawings of 100% hand made, from scratch pokemon trainer sprites, that look EXACTLY like something from the game. That would be pretty hard to find. Infact, most people who make hacks of the games (quartz, amber, flora sky, ect.) use recolors and splices. Im not trying to be rude or coop an aditude, but not many people have the patience or knowlage to hand draw them.

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 09:58:45 PM »
Then try to link us to some drawings of 100% hand made, from scratch pokemon trainer sprites, that look EXACTLY like something from the game. That would be pretty hard to find. Infact, most people who make hacks of the games (quartz, amber, flora sky, ect.) use recolors and splices. Im not trying to be rude or coop an aditude, but not many people have the patience or knowlage to hand draw them.

This is the reason we're finding it hard to get pixel artists, however, I can assure you that it is not impossible. Everything you see in the screenshots has been made from scratch.

Offline Atlas

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2011, 01:16:38 PM »
It may not look absolutely perfect. but this is 100% scratch;
http://cronus-power.deviantart.com/gallery/32280735#/d47rk7v

based of this character;
http://cronus-power.deviantart.com/favourites/#/d47ipot

Suffers an uncurable superstrain of Foot-in-mouth disease

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are" ~ mewtwo
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." (Karen, elite 4)

Offline St. Jimmy

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'm doing stuff, Hershel. Thaanggss."
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2011, 03:11:00 PM »

based of this character;

It may not be the best sprite I've seen, but it's a start. And you really shouldn't post your creations in someone else's thread.  Just make your own thread for your artwork.
sup

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2011, 07:31:02 PM »

This is the reason we're finding it hard to get pixel artists, however, I can assure you that it is not impossible. Everything you see in the screenshots has been made from scratch.

^^^^ That. If you saw the recent screenshots, you would know.

Offline Atlas

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2011, 10:14:48 PM »

based of this character;

It may not be the best sprite I've seen, but it's a start. And you really shouldn't post your creations in someone else's thread.  Just make your own thread for your artwork.

I'm not actually applying sorry, I'm linking him to my 100% scratch art, because he asked to(may not look exactly like game sprites but its a start)

Suffers an uncurable superstrain of Foot-in-mouth disease

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are" ~ mewtwo
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." (Karen, elite 4)