* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: The Search for Mew  (Read 3226 times)

Offline magememphis

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
The Search for Mew
« on: September 09, 2011, 10:29:03 PM »
First of all I don't know if this idea has been presented before. So I'm sorry if it has.
Here goes:

Once you have gained enough skill as a trainer i.e beaten all the gyms you are approached by Professor Alder who informs you he has found a link into finding Mew who has been missing for a while after you have visited him he sends you on a quest to search the remote area of the myrius region called the badlands where no pokemon can live due to the inhospitable conditions(EDIT) After exploring for  short while you are stopped by a mountain range, in the corner of your eye you notice a small opening you squeeze through the opening and cannot see, realizing that you need flash you use it and navigate your way through the cave which is filled with powerful steel and rock type Pokemon (for anyone who wants rock Pokemon) until you find an explorer also looking for mew and he challenges you to a battle after defeating the tough opponent you he tells you he believes that the shrine is just outside but you need waterfall to get to it(the waterfall is filled with powerful water type pokemon again for the pokedex and for difficulty), this proves to be no issue and after you reach the top you carry on (END OF EDIT) until you find a shrine to Mew.

After finding the shrine you are attacked by the 3 'guardians' of the shrine (suicune, raikou, entei these are uncatchable) after you have defeated them each they deem you worthy and allow you to investigate further (EDIT) you see a new part of the shrine further up the mountain which you use rock climb (if included in the game) to reach the top after you reach the top you see another person who claims to have been deemed worthy as well and how he plans to destroy the shrine to attract mew to it and capture him when he is finished talking you try to stop him by battling him (his strongest Pokemon is the opposite type to your starter) once he is defeated he runs away and you search the second bit of the shrine (END OF EDIT) as you do this you find evidence that the legendary dogs were guarding the shrine because mew had recently visited it this evidence is a very distinct mew footprint (which you recognize from the limited data you have of mew)you take a picture of the footprint.

once you have found this the dogs come up to you and allow you to add there data to your pokedex and allow you to remove the evidence found to complete your quest, with this evidence you depart and return to the professor in return he could offer you another starter pokemon or something.

Feel free to add to this :D.
P.S this is my first quest idea so if you have complaints please be constructive about them

(EDIT DATE 11/02/2011) I took into account some of your suggestions and attempted to improve this.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 01:09:43 AM by magememphis »
Never let life get you down.
             Know that friends are there for you :D

Offline Arctus

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: The Search for Mew
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 01:37:32 AM »
It seems ike a fairly good idea, considering that would let you get the lendegaries in your pokedex without catching them, although if they plan on adding new locations which i tink they are, then that quest could be saved untill later. And as another little idea, they could make it so that you need things like flash to make it through.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 08:50:56 PM »
Seems quite short of a quest since it's about Mew, and Myrius being the birth place of Mew. I'd very much like a very long and tough quest for that, preferably longer than other legendaries :P
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 08:53:35 PM »
When i first saw this i was like NO LEGENDARIES CAN BE CAUGHT! but then i read it and it's a good idea but needs more detail
It's over 9000!