* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Spiritomb Over powered  (Read 16387 times)

Offline DemonX

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Spiritomb Over powered
« on: November 16, 2011, 03:01:27 PM »
Spirtomb is way over powered the dark pulse he uses 1 shotted every single one of my pokemon and then no matter what i did i couldnt do any damage to him.

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
Re: Spiritomb Over powered
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 03:07:21 PM »
what was your party like?
Psychic type?
Ghost type?

I know Spiritomb has the best resistances ingame because he has no weaknesses but not really OP.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 05:23:06 PM »
I'm going to guess you battled deadae, who used a baton passing ninjask to set up spiritomb.  And with a few calm minds it became to fast and strong right?  Well the key to beating it is this.  Predict ninjask, and when spiritomb switches in hit it hard.  Or use a move like toxic that will slowly kill it.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 10:06:40 PM »
I'm going to guess you battled deadae, who used a baton passing ninjask to set up spiritomb.  And with a few calm minds it became to fast and strong right?  Well the key to beating it is this.  Predict ninjask, and when spiritomb switches in hit it hard.  Or use a move like toxic that will slowly kill it.

The strategy Bing mentions is knwon as baton passing, a move that allows all the stat increase the user has to be passe3d to the next, so Spiritomb was already set to destroy. The easiest way to break this is to use Roar or whirlwind, or have a prankster pokemon with toxic to poison either ninjask or spiritomb, that way they die from being out to long. The best thing to do is to predict when baton pass is coming, have a non-prankster with toxic, and use it so that spiritomb will receive the poisoning, which takes even more health over time from the one poisoned. She would need to set up calm minds, but by that time, spiritomb will have already taken damage. If she uses a substitute, break it by attacking full on, so it can't be passed, or toxic won't work.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 04:32:52 AM »

The strategy Bing mentions is knwon as baton passing, a move that allows all the stat increase the user has to be passe3d to the next, so Spiritomb was already set to destroy. The easiest way to break this is to use Roar or whirlwind, or have a prankster pokemon with toxic to poison either ninjask or spiritomb, that way they die from being out to long. The best thing to do is to predict when baton pass is coming, have a non-prankster with toxic, and use it so that spiritomb will receive the poisoning, which takes even more health over time from the one poisoned. She would need to set up calm minds, but by that time, spiritomb will have already taken damage. If she uses a substitute, break it by attacking full on, so it can't be passed, or toxic won't work.

Another way to beat a baton passing ninjask is to have a priority attack or a multi hit attack which will break sub and keep on hitting.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 07:53:30 AM »

Another way to beat a baton passing ninjask is to have a priority attack or a multi hit attack which will break sub and keep on hitting.

Cloyster = bye bye ninjask

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 01:20:57 PM »
I think we have proved out point now, so there is no need to continue here.

Offline DemonX

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 10:28:57 PM »
actually i destroyed ninjask then he pulled spiritomb then wiped my whole team n btw i had 1 of everything type wise.

Offline Level5Pidgey

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • Use Gust!
    • View Profile
    • Pidgey's Philosophical Game Design
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 12:51:25 AM »
Spiritomb like... didn't get changed and it's actually not a crazy strong poke. I doubt it's OP.

What was on your team?
Read my Game Design Blog!

And that one, lone, distressed flying Krabby went on to become the most powerful being in the Universe.

Offline DemonX

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 02:22:34 AM »
Dragonite, Feraligater, Pidgeot, Gyrados, Jolteon, Sceptile

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 02:23:55 AM »
Did you put Evs in?
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Shadowfred

• Gameplay Balancer/Pretty cool guy
  • PU Team
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 06:39:06 AM »
And that's totally not everything typewise. I'm seeing 3 flying, 2 water, 1 dragon/normal/grass/electric.

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 07:16:02 PM »
I'm seeing a completely physical team...thats probably why you're losing.

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 09:24:07 PM »
he lost cuz he never did toxic or will-o-wisp to it and u want to hit my spirit tomb physically definitely dont wanna use spcl atks on it i just kept calm minding and then painspliting at the right time its not op and its not hard to beat
Rakia(Ra-kie-ya) Deadae(D-A-day)
"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...
To fly!"

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2011, 12:47:06 AM »
Off topic, Daedea, please start using proper grammar, it is not that hard. There is no excuse for it, I don't believe in excuses. There are punctuation marks called periods".", use them. And always capitalize the first word in your sentence.

On topic, I agree with Noah, your team needs to be a mix of attackers, and maybe have a few defensive Pokemon.