* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Recommend, anything!  (Read 6578 times)

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Recommend, anything!
« on: February 11, 2012, 10:22:38 PM »
Alright I had this idea recently sense I've discovered alot of new shows etc lately. So this is just a place to recommend things you've found weather it be, music, books, sites, TV, movies, games, anything. I'll start.

Sherlock (BBC) (Television)- It is amazing, re imagining of Authur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes stories. Modernized/written by Stephen Moffit, who writes a lot of Dr. Who episodes, and Mark Gatiss who writes some Dr. Who and stars as Mycroft Holmes, in Sherlock. It is edge of the seat. Maybe my favorite show. Or one of them.

Homestuck (Interactive Webcomic)- Made by Andrew Hussie, the game begins with four kids. But gets many characters, over time, it is funny, deep, intense everything really, features, great art and videos, that are animated, but the traiditional format takes some getting used to. (Warning: Features some character deaths. Which are crazy sad)
normally looks like:

Hero Mode one of the art styles:

Hm, thats all I can think of now, will post new ones.

Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline Sequoia

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pokemon Prof Specializing in Ghost Types
    • View Profile
Re: Recommend, anything!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 03:01:55 PM »
Voltaire:

No, not the philosopher. Aurelio Voltaire Hernandez is a musician who writes and plays his own songs. He's generally placed in the Dark Wave/gothic rock genres, but I feel his songs are too varied to be constrained to one genre; he almost literally has something for everyone, from the outright silly (The Beast of Pirate's Bay, Brains!, Day of the Dead) to the disturbingly morbid (The Chosen, Ex-Lover's Lover) to the tender and sweet (Goodnight Demon Slayer, Hallo Elskan Min) to the hilariously perverted (Zombie Prostitute, Cantina, Cathouse Tragedy) to even songs regarding current events and societal issues (Innocent, Crusade, The Accordian Player).

Within Temptation:

A symphonic rock band from the Netherlands, Within Temptation is another group of musicians with a lot of variety for a bunch of different people. One of their earlier albums, The Silent Force, has a slight gothic undertone to it, while their most recent album, The Unforgiving, has a more fast-paced rock beat. They even had a live concert called Black Symphony that was performed with a full orchestra and choir!
You ask why the Old Chateau, I ask what better place to study ghost Pokemon.

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 09:45:28 PM »
Nice, I'll have to check those out.

Skrillex:

Skrillex (real name Sonny Moore)is an American electronic music producer and former singer–songwriter. (Dubstep basically) but yeah he has three albums, I think. I recommend first trying (Scary Monster and Nice Sprites) or (First of the Year- Equinox) although I also love (Summit feat. Ellie Goulding)

Pokemon: Ruby Destiny (Reign of Legends):

Literally is four islands with new names/layouts and sinnoh pokemon, it is great. Starters are Dark Lugia/Mewtwo/Ho-oh for me, but everybody else has normal hoenn starters. IDK which you'll have but either way, it is also a completely new story. So its great.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 12:27:30 AM »
link to the pokemon ruby hack?
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 12:46:16 AM »
Only because many will ask: http://www.4shared.com/file/Uhm6lTts/Pokemon_Ruby_Destiny_4.html

Note:Game is crap, if you like to waste time, then play it, if you don't, this is not for you. You will need an emulator to play, and I will not provide a link for the emulator. To those that do not heed my warning, enjoy your crap fest.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword