* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: The new Pokeditor  (Read 39883 times)

Offline spartandc

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pokemon,Dragons,Mechs, Supersoldiers! MUHAHAHAHA
    • View Profile
Re: Expanding the map editor
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2012, 06:40:29 PM »
ok well then well just tell me what you need for pixal art and ill try to make it based on certain things because i have alot of time on my hands so i wont mind makeing pixal art for you guys

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2012, 07:06:37 PM »
You could try out tiles contained within a cave. Floor, rocks, walls, ramps, etc.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2012, 07:08:49 PM »
Maybe Bryan should update the to do list so that there is no confusion on what is already done. I know he has done a ton of work already, but I don't remember the speecifics.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Pubbles

• Beginning Trainer
  • "A Severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2012, 02:41:10 AM »
Maybe Bryan should update the to do list so that there is no confusion on what is already done. I know he has done a ton of work already, but I don't remember the speecifics.

He just did! He and Mr Dark already have been trying to keep it more up to date lately =)
... ... ... Shh ... ... ... The walls have feet ... ... ...

Offline Bryan

• Lead Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2012, 05:12:30 AM »
Updated the to-do list. I will update the post, and post a reply stating what has been done, and the current total tiles completed. If your interested in joining the Pixel Art Team, then you need to send examples of your work via forum PM. If I like your work, then I'll give you a small application for you to fill out and complete. Thank you.

Also Zatir, if you could, can you implement the current 200 tiles that are uploaded in the drop box. And let me know when you got a useable version. I need it, as well, to make sure other tiles work, as well as, adding and changing old ones. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 05:15:42 AM by Bryan »
Deviant Art
Bryan-Mashaney
Check out the link above, for art updates on Pokemon Universe!

Contacts:
Email - [email protected]
Skype - Mashaney

Offline Zatir

• PU Developer
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2012, 08:28:48 PM »
@Bryan, you can use the editor which is stored at our dropbox (PokeEditor_3_2_1_0.zip) already with the new tiles. You just have to open up the editor and set the folder where your tiles are stored. You have to ask Mr_Dark to create an account for the mapping-server first if you don't have one yet, so you can make a test-map. As said before I have a few busy days right now, till this weekend. I hope i can work on the editor this Saturday. And this monday I'm going on a holiday for 8 days to Greece, so then I won't be able to work on it. So after I get back the 10th of July I will be up and running to get that editor as far as finished in the next few weeks.
Zatir - PU developer
Current project: Creating the Pokéditor

Offline Bryan

• Lead Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2012, 03:28:25 AM »
@Bryan, you can use the editor which is stored at our dropbox (PokeEditor_3_2_1_0.zip) already with the new tiles. You just have to open up the editor and set the folder where your tiles are stored. You have to ask Mr_Dark to create an account for the mapping-server first if you don't have one yet, so you can make a test-map. As said before I have a few busy days right now, till this weekend. I hope i can work on the editor this Saturday. And this monday I'm going on a holiday for 8 days to Greece, so then I won't be able to work on it. So after I get back the 10th of July I will be up and running to get that editor as far as finished in the next few weeks.

I'll get it all figured out. I just need to test a few tiles and make sure they match up at certain points; a lot easier to do with an editor than in paint. But I am finishing up a few tiles. Hopefully in a couple weeks I can start getting outside buildings going. We'll see.
Deviant Art
Bryan-Mashaney
Check out the link above, for art updates on Pokemon Universe!

Contacts:
Email - [email protected]
Skype - Mashaney

Offline MKNancy

• Beginning Trainer
  • I'M NEW! BE NICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2012, 11:50:14 PM »
do you guys have a pixel artist for objects like chairs, tables, and etc? I think it would be easier to make objects and do a drag drop thing into the buildings you guys are going to make after you guys design the floors and etc.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2012, 09:33:43 PM »
That's what the current pixel artists are doing and that's what the map editor will do once every tile is done.

But the thing is, to match the style of art, the pixel artists are quite literally doing every single tile... which is a lot of work.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Zatir

• PU Developer
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2012, 05:51:30 PM »
Update time!

It's a while ago since I've posted a new update of the map editor, or actually the Pokéditor. Some reasons are the weather and my airco unit which isn't working that good. But, I'm still working on the NPC event system and I've made some new event-panels! Look at the screenshot for more details. I've made a simple if/else block for certain possibilities, like how many Pokemon are in the team. Another two blocks are used for the quests. You can make an if/else construction of a quest Id and it's progress. You can also set the progress of a selected quest.

I hope to get more functionality the next few days!

Greetings,

Zatir
Zatir - PU developer

Offline Zatir

• PU Developer
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2012, 03:01:25 PM »
Generating NPC scripts is coming! Here's a WIP screenshot of one small piece of code generated for test purposes.

Cheers!
Zatir - PU developer

Offline Zatir

• PU Developer
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2012, 07:20:53 PM »
It's been a while since I updated something in here. Nothing really big happened due to certain circumstances not PU related. But I've worked on the editor once in a while. Only some technical changes behind the scenes, because the last few days I've worked on refactoring the code. It was needed very bad, because the code was getting really messy.

Good thing: I hope to get the script generator fully working in a week or two, so npcs can be made!
Zatir - PU developer

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2012, 09:16:03 PM »
Is teh first post up to date?
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline Zatir

• PU Developer
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2012, 11:09:25 PM »
Is teh first post up to date?

Yeah, it is right now.
Zatir - PU developer

Offline keano

• New Trainer
  • I'M NEW! BE NICE!
    • View Profile
Re: The new Pokeditor
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2012, 11:12:09 AM »
Are you looking for any new mappers? I currently map for a few other games, and am looking for a new challenge. Let me know if your on the look out and I'll post some demos