* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: [GUILD] Elemental Elites  (Read 540578 times)

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] Elemental Elites
« Reply #1080 on: March 15, 2014, 08:18:30 pm »
like just use every pokemon every evil organization in pokemon has ever used

He meant pokemon like yamask with an "evil" like pokedex entry.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: March 16, 2014, 04:45:34 am »
Awesome team Xetroc! Glad to see someone using Cacturne. One of my favorite Grass types.
AHEM! I used Cacturne before anyone used it. =w=
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: March 17, 2014, 02:13:38 am »
I used to run it on my own dark team before. Speaking of which, Dark was likely never going to be the type I stayed with, and I'm currently working on choosing my new type. As of now, I'm leaning towards grass, but I still have several types I want to try out.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: March 18, 2014, 10:56:10 pm »
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: March 18, 2014, 11:09:32 pm »
LMfao that picture was so funny. xD
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline BlazingNinetails

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: March 20, 2014, 07:55:10 pm »
i really need my own laptop so i can join y'all ._.
PokeDex Info:
Type:Fire/Dark
Fox Pokemon
Likes chewing on fire stones and has split tails like Vulpix and can uses it's ability like Zoroark to change into people.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: March 21, 2014, 01:37:07 am »
Yes you do. Its a lot of fun and a lot of good laughs.
Damage Calculator

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: March 22, 2014, 05:21:24 am »
I made this map, I hope you guys like it!

Offline timaus

• Beginning Trainer
  • O please.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 04, 2014, 01:17:06 am »
idk how i feel about your map theres not enough grass :P btw hello

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 04, 2014, 05:45:33 am »
Welcome back, timaus. Long time no see.
Damage Calculator

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 04, 2014, 05:56:06 pm »
Hey guys, I'm working on building a team for the balance server, and I need some help. I have no idea where to start, because there's just too many goddamn pokemon to choose from XD

I need some suggestions for a balanced team (with mixed types. I'm not going to get into mono teams just yet.). I'm not looking for someone to just build me a good team, I just need some suggestions to give me a good starting point. Since so many pokemon have been balanced, I'm assuming that I'm going to have a lot more choices than on regular PO, so I guess what I need are some suggestions for pokemon that have good synergy, or that work well in a balanced team. Once I've got enough suggestions, I can kind of pick out something I think I would like and build around that. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated as well.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 04, 2014, 06:46:39 pm »
We need a little bit more information.

What kind of team are you looking for? Such as and annoy-er team with walls, tanks, stalls and supports. A purely offensive team. A mixture of both? Or something else.
There tons of different style teams.

What are some of your favorite pokemon? I can tell you what they are good at and tell you of some pokemon that would go good with them.

Here are some things I can tell you.

Always have at least 1 wall/tank. Doesn't matter if it takes physical or special hits, but you need at least 1 unless your going for a purely offensive team and even then you incorporate some kind of defense into your team.

Your lead always needs to do something specific from the rest of your team. A scout like Archeops, a setup breaker like Machamp, a supporter like Bronzong, etc. Try to pick a lead that best aids the rest of your team.

The more cosmetic portions of your team are your clerics, stalls, supports and annoy-ers. They can really mess with your opponent and make them mad, when they get mad then they mess up. Of course they can actually win you the game too if you use them correctly. I've actually swept teams with a very specific blissey build I have and it's meant to be my cleric but it can deal small damage too.

Thats all I can really say until you provide some more information.
Damage Calculator

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: April 04, 2014, 08:20:06 pm »
I knew I was forgetting something.

What kind of team are you looking for? Such as and annoy-er team with walls, tanks, stalls and supports. A purely offensive team. A mixture of both? Or something else.
There tons of different style teams.
I believe I mentioned this, but I may have been using the wrong term.

A mixture of both would be referred to as a "balanced" team, right? That's what I thought I remembered it being from a couple of years ago. I could be wrong. Anyway, I'm looking for a mixture of both.

What are some of your favorite pokemon? I can tell you what they are good at and tell you of some pokemon that would go good with them.
Let's see... I remember liking Absol when I had started battling on PO. Typhlosion is another one that I like, and I remember liking Swampert because of his tankiness. Scizor was in one of my teams as well. Alakazam, Blissey, Bronzong, Bisharp, and Machamp are the only other ones I can remember taking a liking to.

That's probably a pretty small list, but hopefully it's enough to work with.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: April 04, 2014, 10:52:57 pm »
Yeah, that would an all around balanced team.

Absol, normally known as critsol due to its most commonly used set that let's it crit a good 40% of the time. Frail but able to dish out some real damage.

Typhlosion mostly used with eruption and a choice scarf is able to deal massive damage until it takes to much damage and the power of its eruption is weekend. Takes good bit of skill to use this guy to its fullest.

Swampert is just an all around tank, take a hit and deal one back. Not much to be said

Scizor is a powerhouse but of they have a fore type on thier team he is useless. Able to increase attack with stab metal claw and hit super hard with prior bulletpunch this guy is all but unstoppable.

Alakazam and its ability magic guard let it sweep all day with love orb with no recoil. Its also free from poison and fire damage as well as leech seed whitch makes it a great status absorber. Be careful though because even a resisted mach punch will cause alakazam a good deal of damage.

Blissy, AKA the special wall god. There's little to no special attackers that can take this thing down, their only hope is to switch to a physical attacker and OHKO it which is easy cause it has no physical defense to speak of. Lots of support skills and can deal decent damage.

Bronzing is mainly a dual screen supporter and trick supporter but can dish out nice damage with gyro ball.

Bisharp, I've only used it one and it has a nice combo of focus sash uses.  Bring it on something you despretly need dead because it set up on you and you can soak the hit with sash and ohko it back with metal burst. Or there's the swords dance setup protected with sash and hit Back hard with stab sucker punch.

Machamp, one of the best wall breakers on the game. With no guard you can,t miss with dynamic punch or stone edge which gives you amazing wall breaking power.

Damage Calculator

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: April 08, 2014, 12:14:21 am »
I was gonna post again and work on my team over the weekend, but I like my maple syrup more than my pokemanz.

Anyway, I think I want to start with Absol, and kind of build around him. I'm not sure if I'm going about this the right way. I plan to find one or two pokemon that synergize well with Absol (or Mega Absol, possibly). Once Absol's main weaknesses are covered, then I'll look at the weaknesses the first half of my team has, and pick three more pokemon that cover my weaknesses and synergize well with the rest of my team.

Which pokemon would synergize well with Absol/Mega Absol? And am I going about this right, or is there a better way to do this?