* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: [GUILD] Elemental Elites  (Read 539821 times)

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] Elemental Elites
« Reply #930 on: October 24, 2013, 06:35:17 pm »
Barbacle is an interesting Pokemon. It gets Shell Smash and has a great movepool, but is unfortunately outclassed by Cloyster. Even after a Shell Smash, many choice scarfed Pokemon can still outspeed Barbacle (something Cloyster usually doesn't have to worry about). The combination of Waterfall/Stone Edge/Cross Chop is really useful and nothing in the upper tiers resist it.

Barbacle also has 2 great abilites in Tough Claws and Sniper. With Tough Claws, Waterfall hits like a bullet train after Shell Smash and with Sniper, Stone Edge and Cross Shop are almost always going to land a critical hit thanks to the new gen 6 mechanics. Stone Edge and Cross Chop's accuracy are still kinda weary though.

--------------

Update about Fairy research:

People are finally breeding perfect Aegislash on the Battle Spots. This....is bad for Fairies XD
Aegislash's combo of Iron Head/Sacred Sword/Shadow Sneak completely wrecks most Fairies. If it doesn't run Swords Dance, I can carefully check it with bulky tank Togekiss and OHKO its Sword Forme with Flamethrower and its Shield Forme with Fire Blast. If it does run Swords Dance, I have to gamble with double switches between Togekiss and Mawile.

If I can get Gardevoir in safely, I can mega evolve and OHKO with Shadow Ball while only have to fear the 67.93% chance of a OHKO from Shadow Sneak.

Belly Drum/Play Rough/Aqua Jet/Superpower Azumarilll is amazing right now! It really synergies with Klefki who can set down Spikes easily thanks to Prankster.

I've determined that Crobat will not be a serious threat until December in simulators and Battle Spots. I'd like to test it on PU's simulator since it should have Heat Wave already but we don't have gen 6 running yet. 

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: October 24, 2013, 10:18:12 pm »
Gen 6 won't be running on the PU balance server for a while.
Ponge, Shadowfred, and myself will be balancing them AFTER we do testing with them. We can't test them until all information is datamind. Thats going to take a while.

@Chad
I agree, I don't see the whole point with all the seahorses being dragons. Also its a SEAHORSE why did it lose it's water type. Gamefreak is just stupid. O.o
Mega Gyarados being water/dark is stupid too, it's a dragon people, why the chansey would you make it a dark type.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: October 24, 2013, 10:35:21 pm »
Aegislash shield form may give Bronzong a run for its money for best steel wall.

I can kind of see Gyarados being part dark since it's a scary, violent pokemon. Still I just don't know why they'd pick part dark over dragon. Unless they made it dragon/dark. Gamefreak does not always make clear sense.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: October 24, 2013, 10:41:08 pm »
I think gamefreak just chooses things at random and throws them together sometimes. ._.
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: October 24, 2013, 10:50:58 pm »
I wonder if I could get someone to redo my little elemental elites banner. I would like the Elemental Elites part in the bottom to be brighter, and easier to read. Just make it a lighter blue. Also give me Gyarados, Starmie, and Greninja.

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #935 on: October 25, 2013, 02:29:44 am »
I hate how they balanced flying press... can't touch steel, rock, or electric types with it; two of which should be weak to it; making it kinda pointless. Though Power Up Punch is freaking awesome for punishing bad switches.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 02:32:22 am by Mr. Fox »

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: October 25, 2013, 02:53:46 am »
Why did they decide to do that? What are you going to use it on if it's ineffective against two types you would need a fighting type attack for?

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #937 on: October 25, 2013, 03:39:53 am »
I'm not saying it's not a good move, just balanced wrong. I like what Roloc said about it, it should change it's type based on what it's attacking, fight when hitting things weak or neutral to both of the types, and flying when something weak to flying.

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: October 25, 2013, 05:08:01 am »
I've been wondering if anyone has considered giving Empoleon more physical attack at the cost of some of its defensive stats. I've always thought he had potential, but I haven't been too impressed by the smogon sets they recommend. If he doesn't get roost, he could just go more offensive, and rely on his high number of resistances instead of superior defensive stats. Not that I'd say drop his defenses way down, but enough to make up for maybe raising his physical attack to 100+.

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: October 26, 2013, 07:19:55 am »
I've been wondering if anyone has considered giving Empoleon more physical attack at the cost of some of its defensive stats. I've always thought he had potential, but I haven't been too impressed by the smogon sets they recommend. If he doesn't get roost, he could just go more offensive, and rely on his high number of resistances instead of superior defensive stats. Not that I'd say drop his defenses way down, but enough to make up for maybe raising his physical attack to 100+.
Empoleon is fine the way it is imo, he can take a ground hit and fight hit, besides close combat, so I like that it has good defense like that or I wouldn't use it, it has enough attack, just make it adamant or something, Xhizor's Empoleon was physical, and his beat mine every time we battled, I use it on every one of my water teams and it always gets at least 2 or 3 kills, if it's defense was dropped any lower I wouldn't use it at all because it would be trash to me, the only attack it would have that would be fast is aqua jet and you and I both know there's a lot of bulky ground types and fire types, so on their turn, Empoleon would be destroyed with an earthquake or a brick break.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 07:23:09 am by Miss Wednesday »
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: October 26, 2013, 09:28:07 pm »
(14:25:43) Mewth: Roloc
(14:26:00) Mewth: Did I ever rejoin the EE after the orginization fell. Because if not I need too
(14:27:01) +Roloc: Bah you never rejoined, Mewth
(14:27:04) +Roloc: Nah*
(14:27:27) Mewth: Well then I should. Type would be undecided though, as I might look into fairy types.

I think this tells everything, so, just for formalities.

I would like to request to Rejoin the EE with my type being undecided.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: October 26, 2013, 09:35:00 pm »
Welcome back to EE, Meowth. I've added you to the first post as undecided for now.

I'd hate to see you give up normal type though. I thought you did really well with it. Though if you have more fun with fairy then I would definitely suggest you go with fairy.
Damage Calculator

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: October 26, 2013, 09:38:30 pm »
See, the thing is I'm not sure what I want to do. I enjoy normal type, and I also think I'll enjoy fairy type, so, I'm gonna try and give it a chance.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: October 27, 2013, 04:01:56 pm »
Dropping by to say: thanks Meowth! I got a shiny Dragonair thanks to you :P
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: October 29, 2013, 05:25:26 am »
Nice, Jerry. Yeah I'm waiting to see what meowths 3rd pokemon will be. I'm wondering if it will be another cool and powerful dragon or a lame dragon like Altaria. xD

Well meowth, if you do change to fairy, you may have to compete with Noah. :D
I'm sure you will do fine. ._.

Also, I'm going to push back the tourney till PO releases a stable version of gen 6. I will then update our balance server again and then we can set a date for the tournament.
Pushing it back again is actually in our favor as not many people are active right now.

Don't worry though, we ARE still having it.
Damage Calculator