* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Closed] Galactic Tournament| Time: Afternoon| Weather: Raining  (Read 62667 times)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
In another world, a competition of epic proportions takes place. Humans have discovered a way to transport their minds across dimensions, becoming another being, and battle against others in order to prove their worth. Many have gained fame and glory over the years, but one thing remains the same. There can be only one that can be called a true champion. Once a year, a grand tournament takes place in the fighter capitol of the world, Vangrant city. The invitations have been sent, and fighters from all over are flocking in hopes to be named the new champion. However, with all good things, evil waits around the corner.

Rules
-No Godmodding. You are not all powerful, and must be fair to the other players.

-No off topic discussions in the OOCC. Please leave the OOCC just for RP related things.

-All posts must be a paragraph, or at least 4 sentences, long. Anything shorter will result in a warning, and multiple warnings will result in being kicked from the RP.

-You must use proper grammar and spelling at all times in your posts. You can write character dialogue in any style you wish so long as it is readable.

-All battle results must be determined beforehand in either the OOCC, or through PM's. Since this is a fighting RP, it will be up to you who wins and who loses.

*For the sake of space, all other details will be in the OOCC.

*Details for the Profiles are here

Check both Profiles and OOCC threads to get the full content of the RP

JerryEDIT: Approved
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 05:31:46 PM by Cortex J. »
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
Re: [RP] Galactic Tournament
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 04:19:53 AM »
RP has started

One year earlier

The arena is filled with the sounds of cheers and chanting. Two people stand on the main stage.

Ladies and gentleman. We are in the final match of the tournament. We have seen many battles these past few days, all great individuals who gave it their all. Alas, we can have only one champion.

In the blue corner, the challenger, Mark the Radical!

A surfer looking guy waves to the crowd, and the whole stadium is engulfed in the sound of cheers. An obvious crowd pleaser, Mark just smiles, and focuses on his opponent.

In the red corner, our current champion who is determined to get his fifth win. Stan Masters!

Stan gives a small wave, getting the same result that Mark got.

Fighters, approach the center seal.

The two step outside a circle that starts to randomly change symbols, until one is chosen. An orb pops up from the seal, and turns green, indicating tht it is ready for synch.

Looks like it's the Low-Grav zone! Fighters, synch when ready.

Good luck Mark. May we have  battle to be remembered.

Don't need luck, you're going down.

The fighters activate their marks, and synch with the orb. When both fighters emerge from the transport, they are their astral beings, and are dropped right into the crater. The orb back on earth turns blue, so no one can interfere with the match. Stan is now Ripfang, and across from him is Mark's being, Avatar Aang.

Prepare yourself.

The two rush at eachother, Aang launching a couple fireballs at Ripfang, but Ripfang dodges them too easily while launching a couple Howl cannons, blocked by Aang's earth shield.

Aarf!

You'll need to do better than that. Avatar state!

Without a second thought, Aanf unleashes his Super Move, lunching a four element attack. Ripfang jumps high, taking advantage of the low gravity, and is out of harms way. Aang falls out of his state, and is stalled. Ripfang sees his chance, and dives towards his opponent. With a dark aura surrounding him, he unleashes his Super Move, the Howling Buster.

AAAAAAAAAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The blast comes out and sends Ripfang flying in the opposite direction. Aang recovers, but sees no way to dodge, and puts up an earth shield. The buster pierces the cover hitting Aang directly, causing him to de-synch. Mark falls to his knees on earth.

Wow, that was a heavy hit.

Stan comes out of his synch, and the orb disappears.

We have a winner! Stan Masters has obtained his fifth championship!

Present day

There is breaking news all over the TV's across town. The tourney is three days away.

We're coming at you live from the Golden Hotel, where world champ Stan Masters has just checked in. When prompted for an interview, he kindly refused and went inside. With the tourney three days away, one question remains, will the champ prove himself once more, or will we see the fall of a great warrior?
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 04:39:32 AM »
Brendan watched the TV as the reporter stated the champion's arrival for the tournament. He was alone in his hotel room, as his father had just left to go sightseeing. He stood up, and headed for the door. He was hoping to see the champion at some point, but knew there wasn't any chance of that without being caught on camera. His nervousness took over, and he sat back down. There was always the chance he would see the champion in the tourney. As unlikely as it was, he kept telling himself that. Brendan stayed at his hotel room, watching the reporter spew trivial facts about Stan Masters.

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 04:42:00 AM »
Garlock stared at the prints, set deep into the ground by the heavy creature. He was home, or as close as he was going to get. A large plain surrounded him, tree scattering around in the distance. with lumbering steps the bull like creature stepped forward, the ground trembling slightly with his step. He was training, preparing for the tournament. With the totem pole and ax holstered across his back, he slid into the foliage. He was quiet, a skilled well needed when you hunted to live, like Garlock had on the plains.

Garlock see puny bear.

And he did, through the foliage a large, bear like creature was visible. Garlock itched to draw his totem, so draw it he did.

Garlock crush!

Holding the totem by the mid section, he ran with lumbering steps toward his enemy. The creature turned, his eyes widening in shock as the totem collided heavily with his stomach. The bearish creature slammed into a tree, just in time for a cry of

GROUND RIPPER!

The very earth itself seemed to split at the seams as Garlock's ax hit it. The bearish creature could only watch in fear as the attack split the ground below him, dropping the astral onto the many rocks lying beneath the surface. The ax in Garlock's hand dissolved, but the battled was over as they unsynched.

Nice match, Daylin.

Daylin just grunted, the mark of the Tauren, a totem with an eagle on it, itched slightly. He scratched the mark, located on his leg, and walked out of the place. Daylin placed the key into the lock on his door, and walked in. he flopped on the couch, and turned on the TV.

We're coming at you live from the Golden Hotel, where world champ Stan Masters has just checked in. When prompted for an interview, he kindly refused and went inside. With the tourney three days away, one question remains, will the champ prove himself once more, or will we see the fall of a great warrior?

Daylin chuckled, hopefully he would beat him........

Daylin: 35/100

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 04:57:08 AM »
Jack was on his way home after coming from the store, where he hadn't even bought anything. He had decided to pass through the city, as it was the fastest way to his house. That turned out to be a terrible decision as the street was crowded with people, especially in front of the Golden Hotel.

I wonder what's going on? Jack thought. He pushed and shoved his way past the crowd anyway, instead of opting to just pick another route. He passed by another large crowd, who were all staring up to the large TV on the side of a tall building. He looked up at the TV too, curious at what everyone was so eagerly watching.

So that's what was going on at the hotel. Beating that guy would be tough, as he won the year Jack beat his-

Jack slammed his eyes shut, trying to erase the memory from the front of his mind. He was going to beat Stan Masters and win the tournament this year, no matter what.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 04:57:11 AM »
Thwak!
A sticky ball perfectly thrown lands on the forehead of the reporter on the T.V. A victorious yell goes up as Leo celebrates.
"Wooo! Ten points!"He's jumping on the bed of the hotel room when he hears that the current champion has arrived.
"Hmm...wonder if I can catch him before he gets to his room..."
Ultimately Leo decides against it, he's got better things to do. He pulls out a notebook from it's position in his jacket. Fourty-one wins, fifteen losses this year so far. He scribbles some notes in the book, thinks for a moment then returns the note book to his jacket. He then leaves his room to find a bite to eat, and hopefully run into the champion.

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 05:04:52 AM »
Daylin sighed, being an eight foot tall bull really worked up an appetite. he tossed on the red t-shirt, which he had discarded, ruffled his hair,and walked out of his hotel room. He jogged at a brisk pace down a flight of stairs, ignoring the media, and walking into the cafeteria. As he walked in, he noticed a man, who he recognized. His name was Leo, and he had heard of him. He had quite a winning streak recently, and Daylin had made it his goal to fight him when he could.

Long time, no see, Leo.

He leaned against the counter, crossing his arms.

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 05:09:02 AM »
"Long time, no see, Leo."
I turned my attention from the apple pie I was eating to the new voice I heard. A taller kid with bright red hair stood next to me. I finished the good in my mouth then spoke.
"Do I know you?"

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 05:15:14 AM »
Daylin smirked.

Maybe.

He pulled up the hem of his pants, revealing the totem mark.

Does this look familiar?

Then he pulled it back down. He brushed a strand of blood red hair out of his eyes, the continued.

Does 'Garlock smash' and, or a giant bull sound familiar?

He leaned back against the wall, taking a slice of pepperoni pizza.

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 05:18:45 AM »
I thought for a moment..."Ah! I remember you now! The big ,kinda dumb, cow thing! Sorry to say, not too good with faces. It would be stupid to ask what brings you here wouldn't it?" I scoot over inviting the new guy to sit down and enjoy some food.

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 05:27:08 AM »
Daylin politely took a seat.

What Garlock lacks in brains, he makes up for in muscle, skill, and plain out power.

He politely smiled, no need to be rude.

How goes your training, do you need any help?

He was hoping Leo was up to a sparring match.

The name is Daylin, Daylin Hakima.

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 05:33:47 AM »
"Nice to meet you Daylin! I'm sure you know my name already."
I finish my pie then stand up."I'm always up for a quick sparring match. You pick the arena, meet ya there." I wave and walk towards the local sync station, all the while going over the numbers written in my notebook in my head, just a few more wins and I'll have a good standing next year.

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2012, 05:40:08 AM »
mikto waas in the hotel. he managed to get his family to come here for vacation again. and he plans on joining the tournament while they're in the city.. he was flipping through the channels on Tv when..

he shook his head.

Woopdie doo. who cares? By the time I get anywhere NEAR the top There will be a new one...

he shook his head then realized something..

I wonder if there is anyone in the hotel that would spar... most likely not, but...

He walked out the door and started walking down the hallway..

[SIINTCA :I]
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 05:42:09 AM by Meowth »
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2012, 05:46:36 AM »
Daylin smiled, Leo shouldn't have given him the choice. He walked over to the local synch station, and says one thing, before synching.

Might as well practice in a place we will be fighting, tilted tree tops.

He focused, and the mark, tucked beneath his pants, glowed for a moment. A blue orb appeared in front of him, as his m,ind became one with Garlock.

Garlock

He snorted, looking around quietly for a moment. He noticed the tree around him, how they grew from the wall and formed platforms. With a grunt, Garlock began to careful, and quietly, as if he was hunting, began to navigate the forest.

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2012, 05:57:54 AM »
I touched the mark on my shoulder, moments later I was soaring above the trees in Krapfen's body. The first thing I noticed was the heavily wooded arena he had chosen, he chose well, restrict my ranged attacks. Sooner rather then later I thought.

Krapfen:
The ether rich world flooded Krapfen's mind. Too much ether to track a single target, meaning he's have to drive him out. Krapfen dove underneath the tree tops then began to launch randomly aimed Fire Blasts; fire drives everything from hiding...