* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [OOCC] Galactic Tournament  (Read 49543 times)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
[OOCC] Galactic Tournament
« on: August 31, 2012, 08:13:03 PM »
This is the discussion section for the RP. All details for the RP will be posted here.

Profiles are here

Characters

In this RP, you play two characters, your human player, and your astral being. Your human player does not transform into the being in their world. They project their mind and take control of their being in one of many worlds throughout the universe.

Battle zones

Characters in this universe use objects called seals to transport their minds to other worlds. These seals transform into floating orbs that stay stationary in front of the fighters. These indicate that a battle is going on. Anyone an make their own zone, but the tournament has five approved zones. They are:

Mist Valley: A wasteland shrouded in a thick fog. Long range fighters have great difficulty here as visibility is at a minimum.

The Lava Pits: An area littered with lava pools. The intense heat and random spouts of fire can get overwhelming. Falling in any of the pools results in an automatic loss.

Low-Grav Zone: A crater with floating islets where gravity is altered, allowing any competitor to leap to great heights. Flight abilities are suppressed in this zone, and you can only jump in one direction. Ranged fighters love this zone as it allows them to remain far from opponents, while close combat fighters enjoy the mid-air clashes.

Flat field: A large square field that floats in an abyss. This zone is great for determining who has greater skill, as there is no cover, and no wall. Just like the low-grav zone, flight abilities are suppressed. Falling off the edge results in an automatic loss.

Tilted treetops: A vast forest with one twist, all the trees grow out of a wall of dirt, resulting in sturdy platforms that require great care to get around. Many fighters enjoy the zone for the great amount of cover, and the need to stay on their toes.

Created zones

Bionis' Leg: A medium sized plain arena. It is flat with not many places to seek cover. Well suited to all forms of combat; providing a perfect arena to test a fighter's true ability. The arena is similar to flat field in the manner that it has a drop off that instantly desyncs a fighter, but it has near normal gravity, allowing aerial Astral Beings to thrive in the open skies. Gravity get's stronger the closer to the edge you get, at the very edge of the arena you will literately be sucked into the void, only the strongest Astral Beings can survive here.
Submitted by Fox

Grand Labyrinth: A stone field that constantly transforms like a puzzle, with the floor and the walls moving in different directions, like building blocks, and each block has an arrow, hinting the direction it will move. Flyers have an advantage since the roof doesn't move, and, if skilled enough, astral's can take great advantage of the field.
Submitted by Nexalas

Note: If two people are fighting, you can spectate. However, spectating means you will not be able to interfere with the match. For the sake of the RP, fighters can't see the spectators, and spectators are unable to attack.

The City

This is the fighting capitol of the world. There are multiple ares in the city you can explore.

The Arena: The tournament grounds. It is also the cities main attraction. There are training and holding rooms available to all the contestants, and the main stage is reserved for the official matches.

The park: A good place to take a stroll, or to meet some new rivals.

Downtown area: The center of business. Fighting is frowned upon in this area as it can disrupt the working people. There are some areas where fighting is allowed, if the walk to the arena or park seems too much. This is also where the shopping areas are located.

Fighter's academy: A school for young fighters who are learning how to synch properly, and hopefully join the tournament when they get of age. Head to here if you want to see the fresh talent, or get a refresher course in battle techniques.

Note: I am not great at drawing maps, so if anyone would like to make one, go ahead.

Seal Disks
For simplicity reasons, all arenas are now summoned through Seal Disks. Each disk can hold one arena, and only one disk is needed to battle.

Blank disks are used to copy an arena that you have created. Simply summon an orb form your astral mark, then face the disk towards the orb to absorb it permanently.

*Note: These actions must be performed by the character. All created battle zones must be approved by the GM.

*More details will be added later, but here are the basics for now.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 05:30:37 AM by Cortex J. »
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
Re: [OOCC] Galactic Tournament
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 10:43:40 PM »
As you know I'm in, anything wrong with the profile I sent you a few days ago?

Daylin: 35/100

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 01:20:34 AM »
As you know I'm in, anything wrong with the profile I sent you a few days ago?

There are some new guidelines in the profile section but yours is fine for now. For everyone else that is interested in this, be sure to read the list of things that are not allowed. I have already recieved some profiles with titans as astral beings, and have had to deny them.

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 01:27:47 AM »
So, I am guessing, that means, I am good. I assume you mean Titans as in giant things, since you said deities, which are god like beings. I hope this starts soon, I already know of three people who are joining.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 01:31:15 AM »
Anything larger than 12 feet tall or long is not allowed. Deities are not allowed as well. A fight against a massive creature or a god just wouldn't be fair. Titans will be in the RP, but more as bosses. Fighting one alone is impossible, but fighting with friends can slightly boost the odds.

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 01:33:42 AM »
Sounds awesome, have you accepted anymore profiles?

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 01:34:08 AM »
About to put in yours, but I don't want to do too much without it being approved yet.

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 01:34:57 AM »
Nice, I am only glad I got it right. You were on PO to explain and approve mine, so I had an advantage.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 01:41:10 AM »
That is also one way, but I am currently on my grandparents dinosaur of a computer, so I can't get on PO.

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 01:42:41 AM »
I was wondering why you weren't on. Meowth needs to ask you, is he allowed to play as a creeper from minecraft? He gave it a sort of power, nothing OP, I made sure. he just wants to know.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 01:43:33 AM »
That is allowed, but seems kind of ridiculous. Seriously, a power that kills you? That means an automatic loss if it misses.

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 01:46:14 AM »
Cortex, that is his super move. Basically, ya know Gambit from X-men? His creeper can shoot small, minimum damage, exploding cards. He can blow up single body parts to help him, and as a super move can blow himself up.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 01:48:09 AM »
I would probably edit it for him, so it's not all useless.

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 01:49:48 AM »
Okay, I have battled the creeper myself. It is actually quite good. For example, it can blow up one of its legs, and then use the momentum to get high into the air, to launch several cards.

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2012, 01:59:19 AM »
Cant wait till the RP starts. o3o
. . .