* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: The Beta  (Read 9385 times)

Offline Robinson3938

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
The Beta
« on: September 26, 2012, 06:16:48 am »
Now I don't mean to complain, but I recall the game was supposed to have an open beta in December of 2011 but was delayed about 2 months before it happened because Skyrim and Skyward Sword came out. Now I understand you guys are very busy and I appreciate the hard work you are doing. I just can't help but wonder why if the game was so close to beta in late 2011, what happened?
Click on my Pokemon.

zylonnick

Re: The Beta
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 11:37:29 am »
1) The entire coding system was changed, everything needed to be rewritten.
2) A lack of good pixel artists caused the process of creating PU to slow down really hard. We have a few good ones now.
3) a new dialog-, quest- and NPC-system was written.

We want to give you guys a great product to play with, not just a crappy version of pokémon like pokémon crater etc. This takes time so be patient. You might recieve info on what we have done and will be doing in the future sooner than expected.

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 04:40:41 pm »
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline Robinson3938

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 06:37:26 pm »
1) The entire coding system was changed, everything needed to be rewritten.
2) A lack of good pixel artists caused the process of creating PU to slow down really hard. We have a few good ones now.
3) a new dialog-, quest- and NPC-system was written.

We want to give you guys a great product to play with, not just a crappy version of pokémon like pokémon crater etc. This takes time so be patient. You might recieve info on what we have done and will be doing in the future sooner than expected.

ah didn't realize you guys had completely changed so much stuff thanks for replying
Click on my Pokemon.

Offline Ursaring

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 06:16:14 am »
I thought maybe copywrite , was in the way. Is PU protected from getting shut down instantly by gamefreak ,or who ever does that sort of thing? I know a little of topic ,but I am really wondering.

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 09:06:47 am »
I thought maybe copywrite , was in the way. Is PU protected from getting shut down instantly by gamefreak ,or who ever does that sort of thing? I know a little of topic ,but I am really wondering.

Since we're doing all sprites, tilesets, and coding by ourselves they can't sue us for completely copying the game since everything is made by PU's own artists and writers.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline nightshade06

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 06:37:35 pm »
Yea they are doing EVERYTHING from scratch. They aren't copy and pasting anything from other games onto this one. Also they aren't charging people to play....Which is a huge thing that would get most if they did without consent and proper licsense agreement or w/e from Gamefreak etc etc etc..

Offline Robinson3938

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 06:43:08 pm »

Since we're doing all sprites, tilesets, and coding by ourselves they can't sue us for completely copying the game since everything is made by PU's own artists and writers.

have you guys had a lawyer check that, (or at least looked closely at the copyright laws yourself?) because I would hate for you to do all this work only to have it shut down.
Click on my Pokemon.