* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: New Pokemon X & Y  (Read 162368 times)

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
Re: New Pokemon X & Y
« Reply #150 on: March 12, 2013, 10:12:56 PM »
-When Gold and Silver were released, pokemon was still very new, and it was its first ever sequel. Due the fact with pokemon being still fairly new, it was easy to just add in another type.

-Sure, when new types were added, magnemite and magneton had steel added to their typing, but there are much more pokemon now than there used to be, and so you'd have to change many more pokemons' types than that, and adding a new type could throw off veterans and force them to change their strategy altogether.

-They don't want to reveal too much. It's good to have some surprises and it keeps more people interested in the upcoming releases, and I do believe that it was said that its type would be revealed, assuming you're talking about Sylveon.

-You mentioned the word spirit, which, just saying, fits ghost more than some "light" type. Also, when the average person thinks light, things that may come to mind include good, heroic, holy, happy, nice, etc., and annoying, distracting, and useless don't fit the characteristics of light.

-When I see Gyrados, for example, I think water and dragon, not flying(it also has quite a bit dragon type moves, much more than it can learn flying type moves. It also learns what I believe to be 3 dragon type moves while leveling up, but not a single flying type move). A pokemon's looks and even movesets don't always exactly follow its typing. And as for looking like other pokemon, still assuming you mean Sylveon, it resembles jigglypuff and wigglytuff a good bit, especially the coloring and the eyes.

Wheres the thumbs up button when you need it!!

I agree as well here.

Earlier when I said something about the 4-way circle of Light/Sound/Flying/Grass, it was just a theory behind the Pokemon team's designs. To add on, I would believe Sylveon to be a Light type and here's a few reasons;

1. Its color scheme is pretty different, as the other Eeveelutions are pretty obvious what type they are, as this isn't.
2. The developers are keeping it's type a secret, when they could have just revealed it as they revealed the starters' types (but those are pretty obvious anyway).
3. When they've introduced new Eeveelutions, they came in pairs in which 1 type will have advantage over the other and following my 4-way type advantage wheel it would make sense to add in a Sound type Eeveelution.

-Why not reveal the other 'Sound' Eeveelution, you ask? Well, Sound in itself would have a pretty obvious design, if being designed for an Eeveelution, and therefore wouldn't be revealed until it was relevant to do so.

Again this is just a theory I have, for if they indeed are developing more types. I myself don't believe in it, it's just a possibility

Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 12, 2013, 10:30:11 PM »
Well, allow me to break this down once more.

1. There a plenty of pink normal types with that color scheme, i.e. Igglybuff line, Miltank, Clefairy line, Lickitung line, Happiny line, Snubbull, Porygon line, Skitty line, Audino, and there's also a pink Deerling. Those large, round blue eyes can be seen on several of these pokemon. It actually seems pretty obvious.

2. See my second point from earlier. Plus, as you said, the starters typing was obvious, but that's only for their primary type. There is a good possibility that the starters will at some point in their evolutionary line be dual-typed, and those second types have not yet been revealed.

3. Introducing 1 new types seems unlikely, and so 2 new types is even less likely. Plus, normal types have a weakness, which is called fighting type if you didn't know. Reason for not revealing this fighting type one? See #2 above. The first three eeveelutions did not come in pairs, as it was a set of 3, and Flareon was not super effective against any of the other eeveelutions at the time.

-How do we know its typing would be obvious if a so called sound type existed? We probably wouldn't that the type actually exists, and Sylveon's type apparently isn't obvious to some people like nearly all eeveelutions are. And when would it be "relevant"? They could reveal what pokemon they want when they want, and nothing controls how much sense the timing of the reveal would make.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 12, 2013, 10:42:00 PM »

1. There a plenty of pink normal types with that color scheme, i.e. Igglybuff line, Miltank, Clefairy line, Lickitung line, Happiny line, Snubbull, Porygon line, Skitty line, Audino, and there's also a pink Deerling. Those large, round blue eyes can be seen on several of these pokemon. It actually seems pretty obvious.

2. See my second point from earlier. Plus, as you said, the starters typing was obvious, but that's only for their primary type. There is a good possibility that the starters will at some point in their evolutionary line be dual-typed, and those second types have not yet been revealed.

3. Introducing 1 new types seems unlikely, and so 2 new types is even less likely. Plus, normal types have a weakness, which is called fighting type if you didn't know. Reason for not revealing this fighting type one? See #2 above. The first three eeveelutions did not come in pairs, as it was a set of 3, and Flareon was not super effective against any of the other eeveelutions at the time.

-How do we know its typing would be obvious if a so called sound type existed? We probably wouldn't that the type actually exists, and Sylveon's type apparently isn't obvious to some people like nearly all eeveelutions are. And when would it be "relevant"? They could reveal what pokemon they want when they want, and nothing controls how much sense the timing of the reveal would make.

Fenror, I'm so glad you felt like making these posts.

I agree with you 100%
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 12, 2013, 10:51:37 PM »
Fenror, he divorced me because he wants to marry you, thanks for ruining my life by making that post. </3
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 12, 2013, 10:53:15 PM »
I agree with me 100%, too!  ;D

And besides, what are all of these claims and theories of new types based off of? ONE new pokemon, not to mention the first official non-starter/legendary from the new generation, that looks an awful lot like a type that already exists, which as I've clearly stated is normal. I'm not saying it's normal, but if I had to bet on Sylveon's type, that's where my money would be.

Oi, there's a theory I saw somewhere, that:

A:Sylveon's a normal type, and

B:it's female only.

It also says that the other Eevee for this generation, would be normal. And have more of a black and blue and red color scheme.

Also, I'm expecting a lot of gender specific pokemon this generation. Why? Think about it. X and Y. DNA. X and Y chromosome. Just. Just think about it.

I do kind of like this theory, though. I understand it's purely speculation, but out of all the theories I've heard about the new pokemon, and eeveelutions specifically, this one actually seems the most logical. I'm not saying it'll happen, though.

You're welcome! And it was 2 posts, actually. XD
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 12, 2013, 10:59:42 PM »
I agree with me 100%, too!  ;D

And besides, what are all of these claims and theories of new types based off of? ONE new pokemon, not to mention the first official non-starter/legendary from the new generation, that looks an awful lot like a type that already exists, which as I've clearly stated is normal. I'm not saying it's normal, but if I had to bet on Sylveon's type, that's where my money would be.

Oi, there's a theory I saw somewhere, that:

A:Sylveon's a normal type, and

B:it's female only.

It also says that the other Eevee for this generation, would be normal. And have more of a black and blue and red color scheme.

Also, I'm expecting a lot of gender specific pokemon this generation. Why? Think about it. X and Y. DNA. X and Y chromosome. Just. Just think about it.

I do kind of like this theory, though. I understand it's purely speculation, but out of all the theories I've heard about the new pokemon, and eeveelutions specifically, this one actually seems the most logical. I'm not saying it'll happen, though.

You're welcome! And it was 2 posts, actually. XD
*Stabs Fenror in the face with a soldering iron*
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline Dantizzle

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2013, 05:11:49 PM »
I doubte sound will be a type. Light makes alot more sense to me ,and sound is just kind of....boring? Not much can be done with  sound , and it would be hard to convert many pokemon to sound. Light would be pretty easy to change some pokes types to , either that or maybe some pokes will get light evolutions?

I think it would be easy to create a sound type. It would be easy to identify pokemon to the sound type. The iggly family, possibly clefa family, snorlax could be partial sound, yanma family, whismur family, maybe audio and meloetta both forms would be half sound.

As for moves...there are tons of moves that can be turned into sound type. growl, screech, supersonic, yawn, snore, sing, perish song, roar...and i know there are many more.

Honestly, I'm less convinced of light type than sound type. Although honestly I think they need to wipe clean and restart every pokemon in type evaluations. I'm sure that someone has said this before, but Gyrados comes first to mind.
*DANT/IZZL/E*

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2013, 05:26:21 PM »

Here's my counters to your points here:

C/1. Just because pink is a bunch of Normal type pokemon's color doesn't necessarily mean Sylveon would be Normal type; look at Milotic, it has pretty much the same same color scheme as Sylveon and is a Water type. As well, most of the aforementioned 'pink' Pokemon belong to the 'Fairy' Egg group, I'm pretty sure. Who is to say they won't add the 'Light' type on to these? considering the only weakness being added would be 'Sound' type as I mentioned earlier. But also if it was so OBVIOUS it's supposed to be a Normal type, why wouldn't they have just revealed Sylveon's type?

C/3. If you had read my point earlier, you would have noticed that I said 'When they introduced new Eeveelutions', meaning after the first generation's initial 3. Where is this always a type and it's weakness, but they aren't weak back and forth.

C/-. Is it obvious that Leafeon is a Grass type? or Glaceon an Ice type? Flareon = Fire? My point here is that Eeveelutions have always been extremely obvious what type they take after. If the Sound type were to be released, they would give it away by showing the Sound-type Eeveelution, which in its obviousness would have some sort of sound device relation like that of the Whismur line.
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2013, 05:59:39 PM »
If I recall, I think the whole  sound thing was Bing's way of trolling some people on the PO server months ago, along with his fabled silk and laser types.

As for the light type thing, I have my own theory on it, and it involves looking at the legends. Both obviously are supposed to represent DNA, but there is on other thing about them that shows them to be opposites. The Y legend is red, while the X legend is blue. Unless my science is off, those are exact opposite colors of the visual spectrum of light, anything lower than red going into infrared, and anything past blue heading towards ultraviolet. These visual ques might indicate a new type introduced into the game. The X legend looks like a dark type, while the other doesn't seem like a water type, or even a grass type. It might be the light normal pairing as the first theory of the light type explained. Again, just a theory, but also seems sound. Consider what nex said, it is the first portable 3d pokemon game, and could mean that a new type will be added, and that type may be light. Or we can all be wrong, a new type is added, but it's something ridiculous. Who knows, only the guys programming the game, and we don't really have to wait that long to see what's up.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 13, 2013, 06:46:33 PM »

Here's my counters to your points here:

C/1. Just because pink is a bunch of Normal type pokemon's color doesn't necessarily mean Sylveon would be Normal type; look at Milotic, it has pretty much the same same color scheme as Sylveon and is a Water type. As well, most of the aforementioned 'pink' Pokemon belong to the 'Fairy' Egg group, I'm pretty sure. Who is to say they won't add the 'Light' type on to these? considering the only weakness being added would be 'Sound' type as I mentioned earlier. But also if it was so OBVIOUS it's supposed to be a Normal type, why wouldn't they have just revealed Sylveon's type?

C/3. If you had read my point earlier, you would have noticed that I said 'When they introduced new Eeveelutions', meaning after the first generation's initial 3. Where is this always a type and it's weakness, but they aren't weak back and forth.

C/-. Is it obvious that Leafeon is a Grass type? or Glaceon an Ice type? Flareon = Fire? My point here is that Eeveelutions have always been extremely obvious what type they take after. If the Sound type were to be released, they would give it away by showing the Sound-type Eeveelution, which in its obviousness would have some sort of sound device relation like that of the Whismur line.

*Sigh* let's do this again, shall we?

1. Well, for one, Milotic's color scheme is actually fairly different from Sylveon's. There is no pink on Milotic, it is red. DOn't believe me? Check bulbapedia: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Milotic_(Pok%C3%A9mon). Milotic's body is a much creamier shade than Sylveon's which is almost white. Plus, Milotic contains a more medium blue coloring on its tail, while Sylveon has mostly a very light sky blue.  As for this fairy egg group, you just helped me to further prove my point. Sylveon's name translates from the Japanese name (which is the original name, mind you), Nymphia, which is derived from the word "Nymph", which is similar to a fairy, and so therefore it would fit perfectly into that egg group of NORMAL types, which, as I've already said, share the same coloration as well as some design
aspects with Sylveon. Also, who said that they are indeed adding any more types, specifically two more types, which you think includes sound. If light type would even exist (which I've given enough reasons to show that it likely will not), who's to say that some other type that already exists won't be supereffective against it? Plus, you've indicated that its only weakness would be sound. The problem with this is that it would have no interaction or strategy in dealing with any types other than sound, making it pointless to add the new types in. I've also stated more than once a simple reason for not revealing Sylveon's type yet.

3. You said "New Eeveelutions", and the first three were new at the time of their announcement. And if you want to bring up the type advantage thing again, Normal has a weakness, which as I've stated, is Fighting. So, to support your theory, there could be a fighting eeveelution, assuming that Sylveon is indeed Normal.

-Once again, as I've said before, once you think about it, all signs obviously point to Sylveon being a normal type. Additionally, as you've pointed out far too many times, Sylveon's type has yet to be announced, but since you say that the eeveelutions' types are so obvious, then there really isn't even a need to announce the type. You are once again assuming that two types are being added, but say sound was added. There are even less pokemon that can easily become sound types than normal types, and I would go further, but I'VE STATED ALL OF THESE POINTS BEFORE.

There are so many more points I can make, but you provide no new argument for me to spend my time presenting these other points. Speaking of which, I'm not trying to be offensive, but I'm almost starting to think you're trolling about this. All you've done, for the most part, is restate statements that have already been proven to be invalid, while completely ignoring the arguments of others.

EDIT: I also noticed you keep mentioning your type wheel, which showed that grass is supereffective against flying. Hate to rain on your parade, but the opposite of that type advantage already exists.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 05:19:23 PM by Fenror »
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline nightshade06

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 14, 2013, 05:39:36 PM »
Maybe everyone is wrong and there is no second? And the reason they didn't reveal the type is because they was too dumb or drunk to put it in yet? It could just be they are trying to drag this out on something they have ran out of ideas on. lol

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 14, 2013, 06:31:56 PM »
I think it's fake, I can't imagine a water/fire  Pokemon. ._. but we'll see C:

I had a bit of a revelation thinking of the rumor of them incorporating Sound/ Light types: Xerneas looks like a Light/Grass type, while Yveltal might be Sound/Flying so I imagine there's a 4-way cycle of weaknesses here

Light>Sound>Flying>Grass (Imagine as a circle);

Light is faster than Sound
Soundwaves knock Flying types down
Flying already beats Grass
Grass/plants absorb light.

On another note...

This is kinda what I had in mind for a Flaracuda Water/Fire pokemon or it's pre-evolved form. It's based off of the idea of a barracuda and the fact there's underwater volcanoes. I imagine some Pokes would live near/ around these areas, so yeah :p

Look again, there's nothing to the effect of me saying Grass beats Flying type, Fenror. And i take it offensively you are calling me a troll, where you obvious don't know how to argue properly. You keep saying over and over that you think, and that you assume that Sylveon is a normal type, and yet when i present new information on my points you feel the need to not prove anything more and call me a troll, without purposely saying it to my face.

You also claim that I'm basing this 'THEORY', (go ahead and go back and read, as you kept telling me to) solely on Sylveon and it's supposed type. When you look back, you'll indeed see that I'm basing off of the revealed Legendaries, and what types they could possibly be. Your only true argument is that because previous Normal type pokemon are pink, you assume (and is apparently obvious) that Sylveon is Normal.

And that link to Bulbapedia you posted for Milotic, there's nothing on the page showing Milotic or it's colors. And I'm comparing the 2 pokemon because they have 'like' color schemes.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 14, 2013, 09:40:41 PM »
Ok, calm down. I said the wrong thing about the type advantages. I saw someone say something similar somewhere else, and I got it confused with this.

And argue properly? There is no right or wrong way to argue, and I do assume that these things are true based off of already concrete facts and evidence, and until anything is officially announced, we can't truthfully say we know what is going on. Also, you mentioned the legendaries once, and then focused mainly on Sylveon, so that is what I used as a basis to debate. Speaking of Sylveon, I gave more than one reason why I believe that it may indeed be a normal type, certainly not just based on color, and yes, as I've stated, to me is does seem rather obvious that Sylveon would be a normal type.

And I'm not sure what's with the bulbapedia link. I just checked it and you're right, it didn't work, but I copied the url and even tested it before posting it here.

This was meant to be more of a friendly debate than some heated argument, and you need not to get so angry. I was merely providing my honest viewpoints on the entire matter, and if you don't like debating, then you didn't have to keep responding to the points I made.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 14, 2013, 10:37:58 PM »
NOW CALM DOWN WILL YOU? Everything is goin to be fine. Remember people, WE ARE PURELY MAKING/DISCUSSING THEORIES.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 14, 2013, 10:43:37 PM »
Speaking of which, I still particularly like the one you posted earlier this week, Meowth. It is one of my more favorite theories aabout the new Eeveelutions that I've seen so far.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100