* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Pokedex Entry] Slugma  (Read 3242 times)

Offline Sazaraki

• Beginning Trainer
  • ^_^
    • View Profile
[Pokedex Entry] Slugma
« on: February 19, 2014, 03:27:03 AM »
#218 Slugma (The Lava Pokemon), Fire Type

Average weight: 77.2 lbs
Average height: 2'04"

Intro

Slugma are small, slug-like Pokemon made of magma. To keep themselves from cooling they never sleep and stay in constant motion. If they stop, they may cool and break into pieces.

Diet

Slugma consume minerals to survive. They are also able to incorporate magma and lava into their bodies for healing.

Habitat

Slugma live on mountains and in volcanoes close to magma so they can keep themselves hot at all times.

Biology

Slugma are made almost entirely of magma. They have no limbs and they slither along the ground. The magma that makes up their body constantly bubbles and it is also used in the same way blood is used in other creatures. Slugma have two, large yellow eyes with small, black pupils on their heads with two drips of magma on either side. On the top of their head is a flame-like formation of magma. They use their magma to generate heat for many different Fire-type attacks. They can also use Rock-type attacks because of their close relation with stone and are able to use a few poison attacks because of smoke. Their eyes are made of a special kind of crystal that seem to be immune to the magma that makes up their bodies. However, when a Slugma dies their eyes lose their immunity and melt instantly. Slugma are also forced to refresh their magma similar to other creatures losing and gaining cells.

Evolutions

Slugma are able to evolve once into Magcargo at level 38.

Pokemon League Commission Notes

Because this Pokemon is very common and in no danger of extinction the PLC has classified Slugma as a Class D Pokemon; no limits on capture and use for battling. However, care must be taken in towns and forests because of their very hot nature.

Second go at making an entry. I had to make up some things since Bulbapedia didn't have a lot of info. I also plan to do Magcargo tomorrow evening. Also, I recommend we have a subforum of something for these because if we get these going this forum will fill up with them. Approved ones should at least be moved somewhere else.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 02:06:04 AM by Sazaraki »

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
Re: [Pokedex Entry] Slugma
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 04:06:14 AM »
Yeah, I have the faintest clue how to make a child board. Jerry knows, but he hasn't logged on in a while. Also, the biology is kind of short. I know bulbapedia doesn't have much to work with, but that's where a little fancy writing is needed. I'll post the three I have later to give more of an idea.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Sazaraki

• Beginning Trainer
  • ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 01:33:59 AM »
Thanks for the feedback! Slugma was harder for me since I've never used Slugma or seen it in anything. I also wasn't sure what I should call it instead of 'slug-like'. I edited the Biology section to flesh it out a bit.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 02:06:35 AM by Sazaraki »

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 02:30:24 AM »
Approved. I know it's a difficult like poke because of lack of info, but I like the eye thing. Gives it more of a animal presence.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword