* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Pokedex Entry] Relicanth  (Read 3952 times)

Offline Sazaraki

• Beginning Trainer
  • ^_^
    • View Profile
[Pokedex Entry] Relicanth
« on: February 22, 2014, 03:34:05 AM »
#369 Relicanth (The Longevity Pokemon), Water/Rock Type

Average weight: 51.6 lbs
Average height: 3'03"

Intro

Relicanth is an ancient fish Pokemon sometimes called a "living fossil". It has remained unchanged for at least 100 million years. It is a very rare Pokemon sometimes fished up by fisherman or found by divers. It also has a mysterious connection to the Legendary Golems.

Diet

Relicanth is a filter feeder. It eats microscopic organisms while swimming along.

Habitat

Relicanth live in the depths of the oceans and are rarely seen by people.

Biology

Relicanth have brown scales that are as hard as stone. It uses these scales to weather the extreme pressures it lives in. Most of its body is a dark-brown color that has light-brown patches. There is a small, red dot on either side of it's body. The purpose of this dot is not fully understood but may help Relicanth locate others of its kind in the darkness. Its head is a light-brown color like the patches. Its head has cheek bones jutting out from each side and slits for eyes since it lives in the dark depths of the oceans. Relicanth has several fins like most other fish. Notably, it has two pairs of pectoral fins that it uses to push itself along the sea bottom. Relicanth has few natural predators because of its elusive nature and hard scales. Because of its water typing, it is able to use many Water and Ice-type attacks. Because of its rock-hard scales, it is also capable of using many Rock and Ground-type attacks. Relicanth is unable to leave the water for an extended period of time because it requires water to breathe.

Pokemon League Commission Notes

Because this Pokemon is rarely seen by humans and seems to have a very small population the PLC has classified Relicanth as a Class B Pokemon; limited capture but no restrictions on use for battle. Fishing for Relicanth on purpose for food is strictly forbidden and is punishable by a 1000 goldz fine.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 03:57:56 AM by Sazaraki »

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: [Pokedex Entry] Relicanth
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 12:49:13 PM »
This is a nice entry. The quality of the info is very high :) However, since I'm also quite a Relicanth fan, I'm missing some things. The most important part that I'm missing is the lack in change in Relicanth over thousands of years. Like the IRL equivalent Coelacanth, Relicanth has not changed it's morphology since pre-historic times. This implies a combination of a very sturdy set of genes and a lack of evolutionary pressure.

Feel free to copy any of those phrases if you feel like it (though it's best you leave out the Coelacanth reference since it wouldn't make any sence in the pokemon world)

Offline Sazaraki

• Beginning Trainer
  • ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 01:40:49 PM »
This is a nice entry. The quality of the info is very high :) However, since I'm also quite a Relicanth fan, I'm missing some things. The most important part that I'm missing is the lack in change in Relicanth over thousands of years. Like the IRL equivalent Coelacanth, Relicanth has not changed it's morphology since pre-historic times. This implies a combination of a very sturdy set of genes and a lack of evolutionary pressure.

Feel free to copy any of those phrases if you feel like it (though it's best you leave out the Coelacanth reference since it wouldn't make any sence in the pokemon world)

I did put that  :) Look in the intro.

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 01:50:15 PM »

I did put that  :) Look in the intro.
[/quote]

Right you are. I looked over it since I was expecting it in the Biology. Carry on :)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 05:23:39 PM »
Approving because even the regular games even say little is known about Relicanth. Points for authenticity.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Sazaraki

• Beginning Trainer
  • ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 07:07:11 PM »
Thanks! I tried to come up with a little stuff, but I also think it makes sense not much information is available.