Pokémon Universe > Trainers Lounge

Rebuilding the Forums (The "Official" Thread)

<< < (2/5) > >>

TrainerX:
I may actually start using Facebook just to keep an eye on PU's page. It will definitely help that people can see some progress and signs of activity.

Tickles:
You know what, going to sticky this topic, just because. Also I am going to continue making my pokedex entries, but school is starting to take its toll (midterms are coming). Anyways, to everyone else, look forward to this weekend, as I will be doing the very first legendary pokemon entry, as well as going over the last bit of entries submitted. Feel free to keep submitting them as well, I'm just very busy.

And on the facebook page, everyone, please go there and like it, get friends to like it, get friends of friends to like it. We are going to continue to work hard for you guys. :)

TrainerX:

--- Quote from: Xetroc on March 03, 2014, 08:04:21 PM ---You know what, going to sticky this topic, just because.

--- End quote ---
I feel special now :3

TrainerX:
Alright, so now that my driver's ed class is over, I'll have more free time again. I've been thinking of ways to get the forums active again, and so far I haven't come up with much. Hopefully, now that my schedule isn't as busy, I'll be able to think of some better ideas.

Anyway, I believe I mentioned this before, but I never really went into detail. What do you guys think of having a PU community game night? This is pretty self-explanatory. Basically, we find a multiplayer game, preferably something free to play on PC (until we have more active members on the forums), let people know when we plan to have the game night a week or two ahead of time, and see what happens.

The game should probably be something with low system requirements for those who are using laptops or below-spec desktops. It should be free, and preferably something that everyone could get into and learn fairly easily. The game can still have depth of course, but it shouldn't be really hard for someone new to the game/genre to learn initially. So Team Fortress 2 would be good a good game, but League of Legends probably wouldn't be that great of a game for this. Maybe later we could have an LoL thing though, that could be cool.

So requirements for the game (initially, anyway), would be like this:

Easily accessible and free to play
Low system requirements
Small learning curve when starting out
Preferably for PC(since the majority of members probably own a PC)

So far, I'm thinking we should play Team Fortress 2 or No More Room in Hell if we actually do this. Both are free to play, and have fairly low system requirements. (For those who don't know, No More Room in Hell is a stand-alone game that uses the Source engine. It was originally a mod for some other source engine game, but I don't know for sure which one it was. It's a zombie apocalypse thing, with a great balance of realism and... arcadeyness? You get the point. Just Google it.) And of course, we should wait until people aren't as busy, as this is a busy time of year for a lot of people.

So, any thoughts or suggestions? We can go into more detail later if there's enough support for this.

Yume Tsuki:
We also need to pinpoint the best time and day to do this. Soul had the same idea and suggested it in our guild quite some time ago, but we never executed it.

Things that you'll have to keep in mind are time zones. Not everyone lives in America. It's good to know when everyone is available. For example, the difference in time between Europe and America is about 6 hours and we even have someone from Australia on the forums.

Of course it's not possible to please everyone, but make sure a large part of the community who wants to can participate if you do so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version