Pokémon Universe > Quests & Plots

Write a quest contest (Closed)

(1/9) > >>

spirit:
Alright everyone, I have been noticing a few quest suggestions around the forums lately, some good, some ok, and some kind of disappointing. That said, I wanted to give everyone a little more incentive into writing good quest ideas. Also, since Pokemon Universe is a group project, I like to encourage people's suggestions.

I remember always having wanted to work on a project like this before, and am honored to have been given the privilege, so I try to remember what it must be like for those of you that haven't been given the opportunity that I have, but recognize that I am not ready to give it up too easily either.

So here's the deal. You write a quest, and I read it (yes, I read every quest idea on the forums), but now there is a little something extra involved for you. This is a contest to see who can supply the team with the best quest suggestions!

Rules:
* You have two weeks to submit your work. No submissions will be accepted after Tuesday March 16th (I recognize many people live in a different time zone, so I will be fair and not be too picky if you haven't submitted exactly on time, but that's not to say that you should submit at the last possible moment anyway, as I have ultimate veto power.)
* You can make your quest about anything as long as it follows the rules of Pokemon Universe. (for example: legendaries cannot be caught). If you are unsure about what is acceptable, please take a look around the forums first.
* Use English! i cnt tell u nuf how iritating is 2 red posts whn u can not spelled properly if post liek tis i wil ignor u. That isn't to say you can't make a mistake or two, but at least try not to.
* It can be any length, but I will be honest when I say: I take posts more seriously when they have a couple of paragraphs at least (they just have a better chance of having been thought out).
* You must submit a NEW quest. If I have seen your quest before, or find it anywhere on the internet, I will immediately disqualify you from the contest.
* You may submit up to five quests, with a limit of one per day, just know, that if I find that you keep submitting poor quality to me, I may not be as inclined to take your next one seriously.
* You cannot win more than once. I say this because I wan't to give the competitors a chance to win as well, however, if ALL the other submissions fail to impress me at all, I may be kind and let you win a couple more times.
* I can't think of anything else right now, but i will let everyone know if I think of something later

Please submit your quests to [email protected]
I will notify you that I received your entry, so if you don't hear from me within about 24 hours after submitting, please let me know so we can ensure you still get your quest entered in the contest.

PRIZES
XD1st place:
* get your quest in the game
* get on pre-beta (if you're not already)
* surprise (I will reveal this one at a later date, but I think you will like it)

2nd place:
* get on pre-beta (if you're not already)

3rd place:

Good luck to all our competitors, I do hope this encourages many of you to get out there and think up some great ideas

Oh, and one final note: while it is not required, it is definitely recommended that you view the following topic before writing anything.
http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,543.new.html#new

The Fireball Kid:
This is gonna be easy but I gots ta go soon.

Edit: Since you can summit 5 quest, are you qualified to place in all 3?

Kuhns:
OMiGosh!11! Ima write the bestest quest story evar! And totally beat everyone for first place for no other reason than to beat them for first place!

spirit:

--- Quote from: Victory on March 02, 2010, 03:52:14 PM ---This is gonna be easy but I gots ta go soon.

Edit: Since you can summit 5 quest, are you qualified to place in all 3?

--- End quote ---

Good, point, I think I was planing on mentioning that, but I was really tired when I posted.
No, you cannot place in all three, unless the other submissions just suck that bad. If you place in one, I'm going to try to give other people the other spots first

*updated rules*

Phosphorous:
ha... I'll definitely be joining this contest :]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version