* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Anime Recommendation Thread  (Read 27478 times)

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Recommendation Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2010, 12:00:49 pm »
really? Durarara? >.>

Offline Maquiavelus

• Beginning Trainer
  • You think so? Look again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2010, 02:19:52 pm »
really? Durarara? >.>

Yeah, it's still in the beginning so it's difficult to evaluate, but so far so good. And it is, for sure, the best anime for this winter season, so if you don't watch it, you're probably failing...

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2010, 02:32:11 pm »
It's not that great, ok at most, I'd say for best it's either ladies vs butlers or Omamori Himari

Offline drpepper245

• Beginning Trainer
  • <(o.o<)c=(^^Q)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2010, 07:25:29 pm »
It's not that great, ok at most, I'd say for best it's either ladies vs butlers or Omamori Himari

Really? There's nothing going for those shows besides ecchi parts, Durarara on the other hand, is one of my must watch shows.
"What can one do when one loses what matters most?" - Valkyrie Profile

Offline josh_squash0

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2010, 05:20:59 pm »
Im rather new to the world of  Harem, echhi etc. (Im trying to keep this as clean as possible, you can delete if this is a topic that is too mature)

Not sure if there is much of a difference between any of them. But I have seen maybe 6 or 7 total in my lifetime (Ugly yet beautiful world, Soukan Yuugi, Resort BOIN, Omamori Himari and a few others one I really dont remember).

Omari Himari was really really good (waiting on the last episode to come out). It has somewhat or an Inuyasha feel to it and a few ecchi scenes, nothing serious.

But the one thing that bugged me about this genre is that the males are really annoying to watch as they ruin perfect/ideal opportunities. From the ecchi animes ive seen, the female is always the aggressive one as the male nearly shiis his pants after being confronted ( or eventouched in some instances)

Instead of being a horndog and looking through thousands of ecchi, i figured I'd ask the anime experts in this forum.

I was curious to know if there are any ecchi animes out there in which the male/female (no tentacle monsters please) have a genuine mutual interest in one another.

The only requirement being that has a relatively good storyline, decent voice actors, and a male character that isnt a wimp and knows when to Carpe Diem.

Im not asking for "all the way scenes", just decent ecchi-type anime where the male has the galls to fight, go after the woman, or something.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 05:32:51 pm by josh_squash0 »
The fog appears, only when an idea is trying to reach me.

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2010, 05:43:34 pm »
Im rather new to the world of  Harem, echhi etc. (Im trying to keep this as clean as possible, you can delete if this is a topic that is too mature)

Not sure if there is much of a difference between any of them. But I have seen maybe 6 or 7 total in my lifetime (Ugly yet beautiful world, Soukan Yuugi, Resort BOIN, Omamori Himari and a few others one I really dont remember).

Omari Himari was really really good (waiting on the last episode to come out). It has somewhat or an Inuyasha feel to it and a few ecchi scenes, nothing serious.

But the one thing that bugged me about this genre is that the males are really annoying to watch as they ruin perfect/ideal opportunities. From the ecchi animes ive seen, the female is always the aggressive one as the male nearly shiis his pants after being confronted ( or eventouched in some instances)

Instead of being a horndog and looking through thousands of ecchi, i figured I'd ask the anime experts in this forum.

I was curious to know if there are any ecchi animes out there in which the male/female (no tentacle monsters please) have a genuine mutual interest in one another.

The only requirement being that has a relatively good storyline, decent voice actors, and a male character that isnt a wimp and knows when to Carpe Diem.

Im not asking for "all the way scenes", just decent ecchi-type anime where the male has the galls to fight, go after the woman, or something.

Almost always, the male protagonist will be a woman with no balls. One of the only ones I have seen where the guy has balls is school days, and you can watch it if you want to see what happens. -_-

I guess I would also suggest green green for the video in the end, where the man shows some damn initiative. Also, you can try dance in the vampire bund, while not really ecchi or harem, the lead protagonist becomes really cool and it is a nice little romance. Oh, sora no otoshimono is really cool too, as the lead character is an open pervert, and even though he gets smacked around, it's awesome  :D

Offline josh_squash0

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2010, 11:20:02 pm »
Alright, Ill check them out.

Thanx
The fog appears, only when an idea is trying to reach me.

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2010, 11:20:57 pm »
Alright, Ill check them out.

Thanx

no problem!

Offline Clockwork Hunter

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2010, 10:06:12 am »
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is without doubt my favourite anime and just movie of all time. I highly recommend it. :)

Offline chocobo

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2010, 08:44:43 pm »
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is without doubt my favourite anime and just movie of all time. I highly recommend it. :)
It's definitely an amazing film. However, it's just slightly behind Hayao Miyazaki's work. I'd highly recommend you looking into:
Castle in the Sky
Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle
Princess Mononoke
My Neighbor Totoro

and his many others. I'm sure you'll love them.

Offline neokills

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'd rather die on the feet than live on my knee's
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2010, 08:55:47 pm »
you should watch the getbackers
***Thanx to lucariox for this great signature***

Offline Clockwork Hunter

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2010, 10:07:53 pm »
It's definitely an amazing film. However, it's just slightly behind Hayao Miyazaki's work. I'd highly recommend you looking into:
Castle in the Sky
Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle
Princess Mononoke
My Neighbor Totoro

and his many others. I'm sure you'll love them.

I've seen Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle and Princess Mononoke (love then all), and I know I NEED to watch My Neighbour Totoro hehe. Haven't heard of Castle In The Sky though. Will check it out. Thanks. :)

Offline chocobo

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2010, 08:03:08 am »
No problem. Just look up studio ghibli films. They have a lot of quality of stuff.

Offline akyoe234

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2010, 08:27:41 am »
Hey im currently up-to-date with Bleach and im working on Naruto Shippuden what do you suggest??? ???

Offline Clockwork Hunter

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2010, 01:04:20 pm »
No problem. Just look up studio ghibli films. They have a lot of quality of stuff.

I already live for Ghibli. :P