* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Poisoned Garden Quest  (Read 2972 times)

Offline Minsi

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Poisoned Garden Quest
« on: March 13, 2010, 07:33:09 AM »
This is my first time writing a quest, I hope this is okay...

I got this idea from reading the grimer and muk descriptions. "A toxic fluid seeps from it's body; it kills plants and trees on contact. So many germs are left behind them that plants will never grow again.'

This quest is mainly for trainers with level 25 - 30 pokemon.

During your pokemon journey, you come across a rather distressed older couple near the entrance to a well - known forest. The older woman is crying and muttering something about how the garden that has been in her family for generations is being destroyed by various poison, bug, and bird pokemon. Her husband adds that his recently hatched grass pokemon are trapped somewhere near the garden. "They are too young to defend themselves," he explains. "We have no idea why the pokemon invaded our garden and attacked us; we both tried to battle them off but they were too strong. Can you please help us? We would really appreciate it. The garden means the world to my wife." If you accept the quest, you will gain access to the garden area.

The garden is filled with pokemon from levels 25 to 30. These pokemon may include Wurple /  Dustox, Venonat, Ariados, Pinsir, Beedrill, Skorupi, Gulpin / Swalot, Spearow / Fearow, Murkrow, and Golbat. Feel free to edit the list.

The majority of the plants seem dead or poisoned. They have been picked apart by birds, eaten by bugs, and infected by poison pokemon. Even the small stream that divides the garden in two has been tainted into a purple toxic goo - like substance. The garden is like a maze, with trees dividing the garden into different segments. There are quite a few dead ends in the maze and figuring out the right path requires some problem solving. Certain paths in the maze may be blocked off by either smashable rocks, moveable boulders or strong pokemon. The trainer needs to remove the blockage in order to progress in the quest. Towards the end of the garden is a small cabin and behind it are the weak baby pokemon [paras, oddish, bellsprout, sunkern, weedot, shroomish, etc.]. As you approach the baby pokemon, a group of five level 35 grimer appear and block your path. It is evident that the goo from grimer's trail has infected the plants and tainted the water. They seem agitated and refuse to let anyone or anything go near their little 'hostages'. You need to battle and defeat or capture all five of the grimer before advancing in the quest. After defeating the grimer, a bulky muk challenges you. He's annoyed that you defeated his little grimer army and wants you gone from his new diseased hideout. In order to complete the quest you need to defeat him or capture him [since grimer evolves at level 38, I was thinking he could be level 40 to make it even and challenging?].

After this final challenge, you are required to lead the baby pokemon back to the entrance of the forest area and return them to the older couple. The couple is so pleased by your valiant efforts to save their beloved garden and pokemon that they invite you back to their cabin and give you a reward. I was thinking that the reward could be access to a special berry or grass based shop owned by the couple.

There could also be a second part to this quest where you need to help purify the tainted water and heal the sick plants, although I'm not sure how to make it original. I'd need more time to make the second part...

In a nutshell;
* Talk to the older couple
* Gain access into the garden
* Battle off various poison, bug, and flying type pokemon [Levels 25 - 30]
* Find your way through the maze [Remove the path blocks also]
* Defeat the gang of Grimer [Five level 35]
* Defeat the boss Muk [One level 40 - 45]
* Return the baby pokemon to the old couple
* Receive your reward [Access to an exclusive berry / grass shop or something?]

Offline Saleboi0708

• Beginning Trainer
  • Ghost Pokemon Trainer/breeder
    • View Profile
Re: Poisoned Garden Quest
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 02:41:10 PM »
Your Poisoned Garden Quest is one of the best idea's I've seen so far in these forms. Great job thumbs up from me :P

Allow my shadowballs to show you true darkness at it's core, for when all that remains is a soul covered in black blood, only then will you know the true origin of my eternal nightmare....

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 04:41:08 PM »
Minsi this quest is VERY original and so I love it :]
it's short to the point and well thought out. It may not be long, but it's still very interesting. Job well done :]

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 05:42:30 PM »
It's a good quest minsi. Original, simple and to the point.

The only thin I'm not quite sure is if you clean the garden, how would it be to another player? That means those who completed the quest see the clean garden, and those who haven't see it as dirty and in chaos.

And I think that there isn't much different as to the Muk's level. Two levels difference doesn't mean much and a whole team against one Muk should be okay.

:)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Minsi

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 10:49:35 PM »
Thanks everyone for your support and compliments ;] I really appreciate it.

I was wondering the same thing too Jerry. That's the main flaw in the quest; I originally had the idea that only you, the trainer and your pokemon, can be seen on the map instead of having other trainers spawn on the map also. When you finish the quest and the garden is restored, then the other trainers who have also completed the quest appear on the map. If that makes any sense  :)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 04:48:05 AM »
Yes, you will have to ask the PU team whether this is feasible or not in the game.

I'm sure however, that it would be implementable one day :)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...