* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: How about trainer party?  (Read 11844 times)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: How about trainer party?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 04:00:34 PM »
it won't be fair when your partner doesn't do crap. Either way, I'm not one to try to understand all these %'s, so I'll just say 2v2 is gonna be fun whether the xp is in the right place or not. :]

+1. 2v2 will always be one of the best features of pokemon battles!
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 04:02:12 PM »
it won't be fair when your partner doesn't do crap. Either way, I'm not one to try to understand all these %'s, so I'll just say 2v2 is gonna be fun whether the xp is in the right place or not. :]

+1. 2v2 will always be one of the best features of pokemon battles!

Good thing we plan on implementing 2v2.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline Sch3rox

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 09:45:43 PM »
the 2 v 2 system sounds good for the player.. my questions is can you battle a npc  with your own team 2 v 2 ???
and is it possible or good idea that you party wit an npc for a quest or something like that???

Offline Dracoules

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 01:27:27 AM »
I think what he is saying is you can party with a trainer (this part is pretty clear)
And in the party instead of battling a Pokemon that would ordinarily give a single pokemon 50exp it would give the two Pokemon and their trainers 25.
In other words, distribution of exp.
Yeah, I know right?

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 01:35:32 AM »
I think what he is saying is you can party with a trainer (this part is pretty clear)
And in the party instead of battling a Pokemon that would ordinarily give a single pokemon 50exp it would give the two Pokemon and their trainers 25.

why would 2 pokemon give the same exp as one divided? it would give x2 and then x.5 back to each trainer, making it normal experience, just battling with a friend. Also, there would have to be an entire system to link with your friend and battle these pokemon, plus probably double pokemon spawn sets as well, I don't really know the mechanics but, yeah.  ::)

Offline kniveslove

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 01:42:06 AM »
the 2 v 2 system sounds good for the player.. my questions is can you battle a npc  with your own team 2 v 2 ???
and is it possible or good idea that you party wit an npc for a quest or something like that???

The original game already have this system in place I believed. So there is no doubt it will be possible here in PU

Thanks for verified this info I should have make this point a little clearer.

Also I guess what I was trying to get through was. When we out there in the grass trying to lvl our Pokemon and ourselves up. Can we party up with other who also doing the same thing. And as long as you in the party no matter who defeat the wild pokemon you will get some portion of the xp as well not as mush as the trainer who defeat the pokomon. This way if we have 2-3 people in the party all concentrating on Lvl up we could speed up the process a little faster. Just like how in WoW we level faster in party than solo given that we actually killing mod.

The more I learn the more I know.The more I know the more I forget.The more I forget the less I know...So why bother?

PS: I do know it all it just that I can't remember all at once.

Offline Wrathes

• Normal Trainer
  • DO NOT DISTURB
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2010, 04:40:39 AM »
if that happens, there have to be balances between levels in party and the pokemon wild or battle. As for the experience given would is the differences between the two or more pokemon added and then divided for the average percent of your team [X average number /dived by # of pokemon taken out. Fainted are excluded as always]. As for the wild pokemon who are solo, their raw experience they would give is [Raw Experiece/ # of pokemon taken out during battle]

Example: A

Your team level(s): 10, 10, 10, 10
10+10+10+10=40

Your partner level(s): 10, 10, 10, 10
10+10+10+10= 40

Average level of Party: 40/40= 1
RAW EXP * (times/multiply) Average level of Party= 100% of RAW EXP
RAW EXP from wild/battle if it is a BATTLE of 2 on 2
meaning if the average is 1, put it in PERCENT form so your exp gaining is the RAW experience fully
If it is 1 on 2, your exp is half

Example: B
Double
Your team levels: 54, 60, 75, 3, 100, 66
sum of levels: 358

Your partner levels: 10, 50, 50, 41, 30, 2
sum of levels: 183

Average level of the party: 183/358 =0.5112 approximated (as you can see right here, the numbers works the same way as PROPER math does)

RAW EXP: 500
RAW EXP (500) * Average level of the party (0.5112)= 255.58... so in the game the number would be 256 since the EXP number shown does not have decimals.
so your PERCENT EXP is 51.12% of that amount of RAW EXP

Single (1 on 2)
Followed from above on continuation
RAW EXP 256/2 to be half since= 136

Hope you understand of what I mean. Tried my best to keep it easy to follow... =/ Ask if you need another example. :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 04:47:39 AM by Wrathes »

Offline zot171

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2010, 11:01:44 PM »
i was thinking in terms of a simpler algorithm for division of EXP. take the levels of however many pokemon participated in the earning of the EXP, add them up, and then divide each participants level by that sum. take that quotient and multiply it by the total EXP to find out how much EXP each participant receives

say the total EXP to be earned is 60, to be split between a lvl 8, a lvl 32, and a lvl 12.
08+32+12=52

08/52=.154  .154*60=09.24  so 09 EXP for the lvl 8
32/52=.615  .615*60=36.90  so 37 EXP for the lvl 32
12/52=.231  .231*60=13.86  so 14 EXP for the lvl 12

in this scenario, the higher level pokemon will gain EXP faster, but higher level pokemon also require more EXP to level, so the system has some balance to it...

Offline huyitsrichard

• Beginning Trainer
  • bahaha
    • View Profile
    • facebook :D
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2010, 12:50:14 AM »
i don't think a party system would work too well with this game. i think we should keep it at battles with other trainers and npcs

Offline marijan2

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2010, 01:12:14 AM »
i don't think a party system would work too well with this game. i think we should keep it at battles with other trainers and npcs

this is mmo ffs, why would anyone play it if it only have basic options? mmo means massive multiplayer online, so it is logically to me that have that option. :D

Offline huyitsrichard

• Beginning Trainer
  • bahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2010, 02:47:42 AM »
but how would you incorporate the party system to pokemon's battle system?
the wild pokemon would have to be able to free roam the map not hide in grass where you have to run into them.

Offline Alex475

• Beginning Trainer
  • The Wandering Trainer.
    • View Profile
    • GPX+ Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2010, 05:20:41 PM »
maybe when you encounter a wild pokemon while in a party the game picks another pokemon at random from the available pokemon and selects it to play.
:thumb172118562:

Offline huyitsrichard

• Beginning Trainer
  • bahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2010, 06:42:32 AM »
which is just like the battle system already implemented into the original pokemon series, but what about a party consisting of 3 or 4+ people?

do you really want to just grab more and more people?
i mean people who want can do that and other's can still play solo or with one party member so i guess no harm no foul.

Offline Seveer

• Beginning Trainer
  • MY TREECKO
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2010, 02:21:45 AM »
I would cheat using 2 acounts if that ever happened. So u better hope it never happens and so will I. Cause I hate flaws.
All who pass may never pass again. Or maybe they will!
I will one day become an official game designer, No Joke!
I’m a poor speller, so eat it.

Offline BuzzKillington

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2010, 06:30:08 AM »
2v2 battles are the best i'll leave the team to sort out xp but i would like cruizing with my friend and doing double battles, the easiest way to evolve magikarp!
Narcissism, Arrogance and Antipathy are the key to my existance...