* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Quest Concept: A Miltank farm Under Siege and an Insomniac Rhyperior  (Read 6701 times)

Offline Janus

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
I got this quest Idea from one of the screenshots that was shown on this website: it is the picture of a few trainers on a route, and by a river there is an airplane that is done up to look like a wingull and this concept came to me from seeing that picture, (note: it would be better if they placed a person beside it to be a pilot then this quest would be much better).  Well here it is.

Along the route, you pass by a miltank farm with a woman outside in a Berry Garden yntil she notices you.  when she does, an exclamation mark appears above her head and she hurries out to talk to you.

Woman: Excuse me, Are you a trainer? Yes? well, I have a favor to ask of a trainer, You see, I have some issues with a group of fighting pokemon training punks who every so often come to my farm, beat up my precious Miltanks and raid the stock of Moomoo milk, I've been able to get ahold of a Rhyperior to defend the farm, however this hasn't worked for two reasons, 1. I realized too late that Rhyperior suffers from an inability to sleep, which decreases his ability to fight, and 2: he's a rock type, not very useful against Fighting types,  Why don't I get a pokemon that can be useful against it? I trained Rhyperior to the best of my abilities for months to get him to where he is, I don't want to throw all that training away just because he can't defend my farm! If you could see if you could negotiate a way to keep the punks from attacking my farm I would be in your dept!"

Will You help this woman? Yes?
                                      No?
If you say yes, you go north of the farm to where the fighting trainer's camp is, the entrance guards try to turn you away, but when they hear that you are here to see their leader for negotiations, they say that their negotiations are the aggressive kind, in other words, you have to face the two of them in a 2-on-2 battle, if you win, they will take you to their boss, You convey the message form the woman who sent you, but the boss just bursts out laughing,

Boss: We have our reasons!  but... I'll tell you what I'll halt the attacks on the condition that she is willing to do business with us!  You see, we aren't hogging the moomoo milk for ourselves, we're being paid by a resistance movement in Kanto who is standing against the (insret Evil organization name here) Regime there, they Hired us to provide them with nutritional supplies for both the members and their pokemon, Here is our offer, she provides us with the moomoo milk, and we'll give her a 60% cut of what the resistance pays us!  Wait here a moment... (goes off for a moment When he returns) Here, this is a letter to her containing my offer to her, please deliver this to her and return with her response. 
PLAYER OBTAINED GANG LEADER'S LETTER
You return to the farm where the woman is waiting. 
Woman: did you speak with their leader? Oh? they sent a letter with a business opportunity letter?
PLAYER HANDED OVER GANG LEADER'S LETTER
Woman: Hmm... it is an impressive offer, but tell them this for me, if they make it 80% they have a deal, let me write that down!"
PLAYER OBTAINED REPLY LETTER
You take the reply to the gang leader and turn it in to him. he reads the letter and nods
Boss: Done! Hold on a moment, ZEKE!
A member of the crew enters the tent
Zeke: yes sir?
Boss: go to our safe and withdraw 80% of our last payment for the moomoo milk shipment!
Zeke: on it's way boss.
Boss: Here is an acceptance letter saying that the two of us have a deal and her share of the money from the last shipment is enclosed.
PLAYER RECIEVED WOMAN'S PAY ENVELOPE
you deliver the pay envelope to the woman and she is overjoyed about this and as a reward gives you a case of a dozen bottles of moomoo milk. 
WOMAN: but htere is still one little problem: my poor Rhyperior is still not sleeping well, so I ask one more favor of you, in the mountains, there lives a hermit who makes herbal remedies for various illnesses, such as insomnia, can I get you to go there and get a remedy for Insomnia, take this envelope of money, it should be enough to pay for it.
PLAYER OBTAINED MONEY FOR MEDECINE
WOMAN: the quickest way to where he lives is the airplane that is docked on the river east of here, take this too,
PLAYER OBTAINED AIRPLANE PASS

You go east of the farm to where the airplane is docked like in the screenshot and go up to the pilot and tell him where to take you. he takes you into the mountains and you go through them to find the house where this person lives while battling trainers and wild pokemon along the way, when you get to the house, you go in and tell the hermit of what is going on.

HERMIT: Insomnia treatment? yes that can be easily dealt with, just wait here... (goes to a counter and mixes up the proper herbs and returns to you) here you are, and you don't need to pay, I don't need to buy things up here, I can make or harvest all I'll ever need.

You return to th airplane for the descent to where you originally came from, you return to the farm and deliver the meds and the money which she is quite happy to have back. this is where I'll need help: I need some Ideas of what should be a reward for completing this part of the subquest OTHER THAN MORE MOOMOO MILK

Offline duotent

• Beginning Trainer
  • its my job to annoy and joke around on IRC
    • View Profile
Re: Quest Concept: A Miltank farm Under Siege and an Insomniac Rhyperior
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 02:15:18 AM »
that a really good idea even if im not a mod lol

P.s. im still full of ideas but im gunna work on a quest concept
(POKEMON CHAOS) Eevee:tackle, quick attack, dig, shadow ball
(A RANDOM POKEMON RP)ponyta:growl
(NEW Generation)gyarados:splash tackle
allmy roleplay charcters and there attacks plus the rp thir for

Offline Hiteryan

• Music Composer
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • Oh gawd awesoem.
    • View Profile
    • Hitey's YouTube
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 06:42:32 PM »
Could be further improved but as a simple quest it's pretty good.
Pokémon Universe Music Composer Guy Dude Person!
Hiteryan on YouTube - Vimeo (I'm a filmmaker too!) - last.fm

Offline Janus

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 03:34:46 PM »
If you have any suggestions as to how it could be improved by all means share them!

Question: WHAT IS DOMO-KUN DOING TO YOUR COOKIE?! O_O (my apologies for the original question, it was stupid, I know :( )
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 03:13:50 AM by Janus »

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 12:58:48 AM »
interesting idea.
I like slowpoke.

Offline Dvys

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
  • Anime <3
    • View Profile
    • Chip Creations
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 09:56:00 PM »
A Miltank farm

You are a genius! _O_

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 10:28:53 PM »
You are a genius! _O_

The Miltank Farms came around in Silver and Gold. They're nothing new.

Suggestion: You've got pretty good ideas, but they are a big text heavy(what the people are saying). Cutting all but the most important facts could help.

Offline PokeBlue358

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pikachu, I choose.... Oh. I see your upset.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 10:47:48 PM »
I like the idea of the whole quest thing, and i thought of a couple rewards for curing the rhypherior.

1. The Woman offers you to train against the rhypherior every other day, (every other so rhypherior can rest.)

2. The Woman offers you the rhypherior

3. The Woman offers to let you pay half price on moomoo milk, if she ever sells it
With my pumped up Pokemanz, I can't lose!!!

Offline Jourdy288

• New Trainer
  • I love fish!
    • View Profile
    • My Literary Blog
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 08:56:26 PM »
I think this one's brilliant ;D If you'd like to throw in some sort of curveball, maybe while you're going through the airport, there's delays, and some sort of battle, or maybe somebody steals your money, and you miss your flight trying to get it back... just speculating ;)

Offline Janus

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 11:05:35 PM »
You are a genius! _O_

The Miltank Farms came around in Silver and Gold. They're nothing new.

Suggestion: You've got pretty good ideas, but they are a big text heavy(what the people are saying). Cutting all but the most important facts could help.

I understand it's a bit text heavy, the Idea was something other than battling and try having some diplomatic aspects as well, because in the anime, most of the characters who are doing things that may be bad on one side do have their reasons for what they're doing if you listen to their side.  I got the Idea for the Farm under siege from a thing that's happening in the local news, I live in an area where Potato farming is one of the major sources of profit, but last harvest, there was somebody or some group swiping masses of potatoes, they caught the person who did it, apparently, the person was a farmer who's own potato crop was wiped out by some kind of pest, and selling his potatoes was what gave him money to get by until the next season, so he was going to sell off those he stole as his own.  I don't know how it was found out just that it was, and that's how I got the Idea for this.  I couldn't think of what kind of what kind of farm that would provide Items other than Moomoo milk that would aid trainers at war with healing.  Maybe a berry farm but other than that I have no Idea, if you could come up with a kind of farm that would help under these conditions, PLZ Share Your Idea!

Offline Carbon

• The one who lurks.
  • Banned
  • Beginning Trainer
  • Ohai thar.
    • View Profile
    • Carbon on Twitter.
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 06:15:13 AM »
That looks pretty nice. :3