* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Stefan: The man. The Myth. The Legend.  (Read 3043 times)

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
Stefan: The man. The Myth. The Legend.
« on: April 02, 2010, 04:20:30 AM »
Admittably, I just used my own name and a T-shirt to name the quest, but the name is unimportant. Since I don't think it really matters as of right now what the name of the places or characters are, I'll just use names of people I know from elsewhere, so Ignore them unless you actually think they're fitting for the role.
You walk into some random inn at a more popular town (say, the town is called falconreach) and you notice notice a man with a wide-rimmed hat covering half his face, and generally just dressed like Van Helsing sitting alone, not far away from anyone else, but alone, aside from a Lucario sitting directly across from him. As a video game character, you decide its in your best interest to talk to him. So, you waltz on over to him and press the interact button. He says:
"My name is Stefan Bashkir, I am a world-renowned rare pokemon hunter. Recently I caugh scent of a rumor that two dragonlike pokemon had been sighted. I came here to find out what I can about them. ..... What don't I just ask them? Because, trainer, the only efficent way to learn what people know about rumors is to listen to them talk to themselves while intoxicated. ... ... ... My blue friend over there? His name is Sunset. I found him stuck between a rock and a hard place as a little Riolu in a cave not too far from- Shh. I hear something."
You tune in and here someone mumble about a two dragons - red and blue - seen off the coast of sharpedo bluff. When the man starts talking about his good-for-nothing brother, you turn back to Stefan.
"I assume you know where I am going? Seeing as you already know as much as I do, you can come with me. We'll split the bounty, seeing as there are two of these dragons. I'm sure right now you're thinking that you can just forget me and go there yourself, takin both of them for yourself. There is one problem with that, though. You don't know where sharpedo bluff is, do you?"
Surprised, you open your map to find that there is, in fact, no sharpedo bluff marked on it.
Now, you are presented with the option of choosing to accept the quest or not. Choosing no makes Stefan wait there patiently for you to train your pokemon, and choosing yes brings you to a scene with a Garydos swimmig across the water with you and Stefan in tow. Stefan passes the time by telling stories of the past (You would select these stories from a list, and the list would also contain 'rest until sharpedo bluff', which would bring you to the destination): how he managed to snake his way through a frozen temple to nab a regi ice, when he met Jirachi, but praise be, he didn't have a wish stone on him, and anything else he happened to have done in his time.

At sharpedo bluff, you are presented with the ancient nemesis of mankind: a fork in the road. Stefan will be going left, and Sunset right. You can follow either of them, each with their own benifits. Going with Stefan halves the chance of encountering pokemon besides your target and lets you see his marvelous collection of rares as he fights alongside you in double battles, but also makes it impossible for you to catch pokemon besides your target, as Stefan will want them or himself. Going with Sunset allows youto catch the pokemon you see along the way, and the battles toll on your pokemon less, because Sunset is a stronger pokemon than the rest of Stefan's team. However, the battles will come twice as often (Which amounts to about reguar), and you can't choose to flee from them because of the inherent pride of Lucarios.
Either way, you end at the same point, meeting up with whoever you hadn't accompanied. you look ahead and see two giant pedestals. Stefan tells you,
"This is where we meet them. I will not help you in your fight, and the pokemon is yours to keep should you catch it. Choose whom you wish to fight, trainer."
So, you look at the pedestals. One of them reads "Courage, valor, and pride. These are the words that are brought to mind when this mighty being reveals itself to you. Do you choose to brave the wrath of Latios?", and the oher reads some other geneic thing about latias.

So, you fight the pokemon you chose, and one of two things happen:
1: If you caught the pokemon, Stefan congradulates you and gives you a badge stating that you are an honorary member of the Smoov guild, and welcome to their tower near such-and-such a town. Stefan moves to te tower and becomes a storyteller, sometimes giving hints as to where some rare pokemon are within his stories of journes he had gone through.
2: (This part may or may not be done, because I know most legendaries are one-chance battles) If you didn't catch him/her, Stefan gets furious. He tells you that if you had planned on letting it go, you should not have accompanied him. He says to return to the inn you met in after a day has passed, and he'll let you try again. The process repeats itself.

If you decide to include this, please don't name the npc Stefan Bashkir, because I plan on using that as my account name once the open-beta is released to everyone, not just the pre-beta testers. Although it would make me feel awesome for having the same name as a badass npc...

Edit to the max!: Ah... I read the guidelines just after posting this. no legendary catching. Whoops. Okay, replace latios and latias with... some other people that I'll think of later.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 04:29:58 AM by Frenchfry545 »

Offline duotent

• Beginning Trainer
  • its my job to annoy and joke around on IRC
    • View Profile
Re: Stefan: The man. The Myth. The Legend.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 04:43:40 AM »
1. PU rule legendaries cant be caught
2. nice idea
3. i can name all the places and were there from
falconreach=dragonfable+adventurequest
sharpedo bluff=pokemon mystery dungeon
btw the idea of the outifts are the same as the movie pokemon and the mystery of mew
he also had a a lucario
(POKEMON CHAOS) Eevee:tackle, quick attack, dig, shadow ball
(A RANDOM POKEMON RP)ponyta:growl
(NEW Generation)gyarados:splash tackle
allmy roleplay charcters and there attacks plus the rp thir for

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 04:49:30 AM »
1. PU rule legendaries cant be caught
2. nice idea
3. i can name all the places and were there from
falconreach=dragonfable+adventurequest
sharpedo bluff=pokemon mystery dungeon
btw the idea of the outifts are the same as the movie pokemon and the mystery of mew
he also had a a lucario
I have one thing to say. Nom. Now I have a retort.
1: Yeah... evil overlord oopsies, I read the guidelines seconds after posting the idea.
2: Why thank you.
3: All two of the places!? Lol, nice to see someone else knows about ol' AE.
btw - Nuuu... that guy was dressed in blue, and lacked the epic awesomeness that is Van Helsing. I get how you made the connection, though.

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 08:36:31 AM »
Err I am Stephen, The man, The Myth, The Legend. You are the new guy Stefan, welcome 0.o