* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Poke' school?  (Read 8395 times)

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
Poke' school?
« on: April 05, 2010, 03:06:03 PM »
Ive recently relapsed from mi anime addiction and had an unhealthy dose of anime this week, due to spring break. And anyone thats had an opportunity to look at any decent subbed/dubbed anime is aware of the Japanese's over the top study of a certain "games" portrayed in anime. Whether it is a children's card game (Yu-gi-oh, bakugan, duel master), Intense study/practice of board games (Hikaru no Go, Saki, etc) or an other worldly obssession of caring for fictitious monsters and setting up an academy (Pokemon anime, monster rancher, etc)

I figured that something similar can be done with Pokemon Universe as well. 

A University for NPC Pokemon trainers?

Yes. why not?

Im unsure to if the PU team is finished laying out the first Island. And from what I've seen, the first island is pretty big. Big enough to house a school, possibly.  :o

I'm currently on the fence in having One Huge University, designated for the latter part of the game but one has to wonder where the heck are these kids coming from? Just as in real life, there is a process in reaching the status of University student.

So possibly adding several stages of pokemon academies throughout the region (primary, elementary, junior high, Prep, etc) would provide a challenge for all players in all areas.

Of course, the difficulty would increase as one advances. Not just one or two NPCs, but mayb 10-15 with a few professors mixed in as challengers/bosses.

Im aware that there were tiny 3x3 schools in the the handhelds but Im proposing huge school buildings with several classrooms and corridors

Im aware that a network of schools that specialize in the training and battling of poke's would be a stretch but it would provide necessary training and a challenge for all that wishes to become the best. Because it's a school, beaten NPC's could possible provide secrets about the relatively unknown region of Myrius or obscure to random (useful) facts about pokemon in general.

Another point I'd like to make is that everyone is aware that, other than the workplace, the school can be the most controversial areas of our lives. The scandal, controversy, etc has the potential to create many quest settings as well that could spark an idea or two.

Just throwing it out there. 

Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline Gammal

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Poke' school?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 07:53:13 PM »
I like it!
This could act as a side story to the actual game, allowing you to gain some battling experience without battling gym leaders :)

Offline Sephiroth

• Beginning Trainer
  • Take that Nibelheim
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 09:04:26 PM »
I think this is a really really awesome Idea! It's sort of a like another team rocket tower almost, but there would be a lot of them! And those are always my favorite parts of the handhelds. The school progression would really be an awesome way to set up MMO quests too, what a good idea.
Come here, its a little... safer

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 10:27:45 PM »
* spirit takes a peak
* spirit begins to talk in an unknown language
O HAI GAIZ! I IZ NOT DOIN N E THIN! I IZ DEFNITLY NAUT TAKEN INTREST!

Offline sym

• Beginning Trainer
  • run for my life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 03:15:13 AM »
Thats a great idea!
dolphins eat little children!

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 04:12:00 AM »
I like it!
This could act as a side story to the actual game, allowing you to gain some battling experience without battling gym leaders :)
I think this is a really really awesome Idea! .
Thats a great idea!

When is anything involving school not a good idea?
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline olee12343

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 04:40:17 AM »
I like the idea. The school can even be a tutorial to PU, introducing new players to the system of PU.

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 05:08:38 AM »
-Slams head against wall as piles of new pixel-art requests begin to pour onto desk-

It's an interesting...expansion of the schools from the Pokemon games....

I like the idea. The school can even be a tutorial to PU, introducing new players to the system of PU.

Yes, and it should come with a skip button as well. >_>

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 10:52:22 AM »
Yes, I agree that it's a good idea. And yes, this creates a large pool of possible quests.

And I see how that can be a pain for good trainers to go through the 'useless classes'.

To avoid this, you can perhaps include a 'leveling' exam to gauge a players' pokemon level and directly assign him/her to a certain 'title' so to say.

Going to the school should be completely optional though.
Like when you enter the primary school, it says "Do you want to register for the Primary Education?" and unless you passed the Primary final exams, you cannot enter the elementary school and higher level schools.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 03:53:42 PM »
Yes, I agree that it's a good idea. And yes, this creates a large pool of possible quests.

And I see how that can be a pain for good trainers to go through the 'useless classes'.

To avoid this, you can perhaps include a 'leveling' exam to gauge a players' pokemon level and directly assign him/her to a certain 'title' so to say.

Like when you enter the primary school, it says "Do you want to register for the Primary Education?" and unless you passed the Primary final exams, you cannot enter the elementary school and higher level schools.
i have to agree with Jerry schooling should be optional ^ ^
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 04:25:52 PM »

Not really sure to where the tutorial idea came from, but I guess it could serve as one I guess.  :-\ Because there would be multiple levels of schooling, the tutorial would only be necessary for the lvl 1 (primary) school. and as stated earlier, a skip tutorial option (or massive Alt key spam) would spare us of the unnecessary dialogue.

The school proposal was meant to be a side achievement (optional) in a way. Something similar to the team rocket lair in the handhelds and something that would be an alternative to gym battles. SOmething that isnt in the way, but also something to work for in becoming the best.

These NPC's (students) are to act as the best trainers in their institution.

SO when a player defeats the final boss(principal/professor) in a school, a player would gain the title of "star junior high pupil" (or something to that effect)

Something to signify that they've beaten all of the best in the institution.

i have to agree with Jerry schooling should be optional ^ ^

Note: Since the game is non-linear, everything is the game is pretty much optional.

Offline MacNutt

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2010, 06:33:27 PM »
Maybe after you finished Poke-school then you would get a recommendation letter to go to other places to train!

Offline Sephiroth

• Beginning Trainer
  • Take that Nibelheim
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 08:29:22 AM »
It should just be a series of battle towers, and be maybe something like an achievement you can earn, it at the very least doubles the content in each city
Come here, its a little... safer

Offline masterben430

• Beginning Trainer
  • wow it all makes sense now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 11:07:11 PM »
i like the idea because if someone did want a little tutorial they would want this. but it should stil be a school like maby explaning some of the type weaknesses and other such stuff

Offline DaigurenHyõrinmaru

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 01:59:21 AM »
This may be one of the better ideas that I have read in a while. Creative Kudos! There are so many things that could be done with this idea. I really hope that this gets implemented into the game.
Halagren