* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: What is the most underrated pokemon?  (Read 27637 times)

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
Re: What is the most underrated pokemon?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 08:00:23 PM »
Shedinja
It's an awesome concept, and I actually wanted one. I love his ability making him immune to any attack that isn't super effective against him, unfortunately, there are way too many attacks that are super effective against him, so he didn't end up on my team.

Let me throw out another

Ditto
That's right, Ditto. Another one I wanted on my team at first. Unfortunately, Ditto have very low stats, most importantly, their health and speed. Ditto must first be sent out, and waste a turn using transform. Remember that Ditto has poor speed however, so by the time he actually gets to attack his opponent he has probably already been hit twice, which is upsetting considering his poor health (the rest of his stats, rely on his opponent). It get's worse, Ditto must also deal with having to return his opponent's attacks back at him, while keeping in mind that he won't usually get a type advantage then, and that his health bar is already lower than the other pokemon's, and to top it all off, ditto only get's 5pp for every move, not that  the fight will always last long enough for him to run out off pp, but if it does (maybe the match up is too even, or Ditto somehow manages to win and has to fight the rest of the line up), Ditto will run out of attack's way too soon, and be forced to use struggle.

blegh

ok, one more just for fun.

Shaymin
Least used, cared about, thought of, or mentioned legendary. Shaymin always seems to be forgotten, and he's the star of one of the movies.....I admit, I don't care for him either, what a wasted potential (when you look at his description), and oh god, his sky form is just lame....not that his normal appearance isn't that spectacular either.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 01:11:43 AM by spirit »

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 01:10:54 AM »
Spirit i think you mean Shedinja
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 01:12:11 AM »
Yeah, thanks. I was actually thinking that, while laying in bed, but was too comfy and tired to care.

Oh yeah, and I fixed my post.....so now yours doesn't make sense! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 01:37:34 AM by spirit »

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 01:19:09 AM »
Yeah, thanks. I was actually thinking that, while laying in bed, but was too comfy and tired to care.
yes i know the feeling ^ ^
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 08:15:14 AM »
Spirit, wouldn't Phione be called the least used legendary? it only has base 80 stats for everything, compared to manaphy which is literally the EXACT same thing, except for the fact that manaphy has 100 base stats for everything, and that manphy learns two more moves, Tail Glow and Heart Swap, and can learn more TM moves than Phione.
I like slowpoke.

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2010, 08:17:03 AM »
Spirit, wouldn't Phione be called the least used legendary? it only has base 80 stats for everything, compared to manaphy which is literally the EXACT same thing, except for the fact that manaphy has 100 base stats for everything, and that manphy learns two more moves, Tail Glow and Heart Swap, and can learn more TM moves than Phione.

I never really accepted them as legendaries, just needlessly supper rare, pointless pokemon.

Offline Duke

• Beginning Trainer
  • Jesus-He loves him some Pokemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2010, 03:08:10 PM »
What the hell is Phione? I wasn't aware it existed.  But yea I agree with spirit Manaphy is totally pointless.
It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvbhz8_N6-0

Smell ya later!

Offline chocobo

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2010, 04:49:45 PM »
I get ya, last time I played fire red. I choose to catch an oddish, and quickly evolved it in to vileplume. It seems so harmless but in battle it's actually quite useful. I made it learn toxic, which after a few turn hurts the opponent a great deal of damage every time they move. It can learn sleep power and stun spore which is a great advantage. And giga drain, oooh what a sweet attack. And lastly it can also have solarbeam. The pokemon games aint all about power like alot of people think ^^
Nice! It's good to have another person using the oddish family. I only got aware of him in a silly way. My friends and I were partying and we decided to play pokemon stadium. I accidentally chose Oddish and figured I was done for, but realized his strengths. From then on, when I could catch him, I used him constantly. 

Offline Duke

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2010, 08:01:32 PM »
Oddish, Gloom, and Vileplume. I understand that their stats aren't all that high, but I love to have evolve them and have them on my team. Their abilities to poison and heal are always great assets to me. I also hardly ever see anyone with them which makes me happy.

I'm also into Electabuzz for no real good reason. I've just always felt he was a good electric pokemon to have on hand. Again, rare that I see anyone battle with him.

I get ya, last time I played fire red. I choose to catch an oddish, and quickly evolved it in to vileplume. It seems so harmless but in battle it's actually quite useful. I made it learn toxic, which after a few turn hurts the opponent a great deal of damage every time they move. It can learn sleep power and stun spore which is a great advantage. And giga drain, oooh what a sweet attack. And lastly it can also have solarbeam. The pokemon games aint all about power like alot of people think ^^
Actually I ended up using a Vileplume in the origional silver game. I remember it did well for me but i forget what move set I used.  I know I had sludge bomb and giga drain though.  I wouldn't go with it being the most underrated but it's definetly up there

Smell ya later!

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2010, 10:33:03 AM »
This or Shuckle! EV train its Def/Spc.Def and its UNTOUCHABLE!!! The essence of turtling at its peak :D
Untouchable? Not true at all...

Taunt anyone?

Taunt? You mean the move, Taunt? The way i have my Shuckle, is pretty much untouchable even with that move
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

Offline Gammal

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2010, 12:08:43 PM »
This or Shuckle! EV train its Def/Spc.Def and its UNTOUCHABLE!!! The essence of turtling at its peak :D

Taunt anyone?

Taunt? You mean the move, Taunt? The way i have my Shuckle, is pretty much untouchable even with that move

I would very much like to see that build lol.

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2010, 07:18:38 AM »

Taunt anyone?

Moves: Gyro Ball, Toxic, Sandstorm, Power(?) Swap Held item: Lagging Tail (halves user's Speed)

Toxic + Sandstorm= HP drain, low speed/2 = Gyro Ball powered up for finishing blow... (AND...Taunt useless)

Stats of my Shuckle:
Male LV100
HP: 323
ATK: 26
DEF: 786
SP/ATK: 18
SP/DEF: 694
Speed:17
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

Offline Gammal

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2010, 09:27:10 AM »

Taunt anyone?

Moves: Gyro Ball, Toxic, Sandstorm, Power(?) Swap Held item: Lagging Tail (halves user's Speed)

Toxic + Sandstorm= HP drain, low speed/2 = Gyro Ball powered up for finishing blow... (AND...Taunt useless)

Stats of my Shuckle:
Male LV100

Well you cant use sandstorm OR toxic after a taunt,  nor can yu use item swap...so, taunt and then its over :)

Offline Duke

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2010, 08:11:29 PM »

Taunt anyone?

Stats of my Shuckle:
Male LV100

Well you cant use sandstorm OR toxic after a taunt,  nor can yu use item swap...so, taunt and then its over :)
Could just spam wrap :P

Smell ya later!

Offline Angeal

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2010, 08:40:01 PM »
Spiritomb. Everyone knows it's awsome with no natural weakness.
but it's so hard to find

Signature courtesy of Amphy