* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Poll

What do you think

Angel Beats
5 (26.3%)
Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou
2 (10.5%)
Kaichou wa Maid Sama
0 (0%)
Working!
0 (0%)
Arakawa Under The Bridge
1 (5.3%)
Giant Killer
0 (0%)
KissxSis (tv)
1 (5.3%)
B Gata H Kei
1 (5.3%)
Hero Man
1 (5.3%)
Metal Fight Beyblade: Explosion
2 (10.5%)
Other (specify below)
6 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: July 29, 2010, 01:04:27 AM

Author Topic: Best anime of Spring 2010 season  (Read 13107 times)

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
Best anime of Spring 2010 season
« on: April 20, 2010, 01:04:27 AM »
The Spring 2010 lineup has been airing for a few weeks now and some of these shows are entering their third (fourth) episodes.

Some have already gotten mi attention while others are starting severely slow and are pretty boring.
I was curious to know what you all think of this new season. And which shows are turning out to be the best.

I made this question a poll (max 2 votes) as well, just in case if some clueless
sap person had no idea of what these anime were, they could use the results as a guide (possibly).

Mi two favorites, at the moment, would have to be Angel Beats and Ichiban Ushiro no Damao.

Angel beats has the vibe of one of those deeper anime (similar to Durararararararara and Paranoia Agent). The little reminders that God may or may not exist keeps me interested, in itself. Cant wait til the story progresses.

Ichiban Ushiro no Damao, I fell in love with it after watching the trailer back in March. If you hate Harry Potter, ecchi, magical powers, half naked women, demons, lords, comedy, and big chested women; then you'll hate Ichiban Ushiro no Damao

Edit: Just realized that I  posted under wrong section... can someone move?

otra edito:
[/]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 02:08:51 PM by ghostman50 »
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline chocobo

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Best anime of Spring 2010 season
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 09:38:09 AM »
I'm putting my money on B Gate H Kei. It's more of my style. The ecchi, school life, seinen series are what I'm into. So I also have hope for Kaichou wa Maid-sama! and Mayoi Neko Overrun. I don't much care for Kiss x Sis. I watched the two or three OAVs they released last year, and read the manga. It was just boring and the same thing every single episode. It's mostly the incest thing that gets to me.

Offline Sazhuy

• Beginning Trainer
  • Dance, Boogey Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 03:33:59 AM »
Most of these i have never even heard of so ima go for the Beyblade series. Let it RIP
Rules FAQ Forum Etiquette
Read The Above Before You Begin

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 01:47:51 PM »
Most of these i have never even heard of so ima go for the Beyblade series. Let it RIP

I posted the Spring 2010 poster in the OP...

I didnt realize how little people kept up with the newer anime  :'( and worships the long drawnout over-rated ones (naruto, bleach, pokemon *cough* *cough*) 

I'm putting my money on B Gate H Kei. It's more of my style. The ecchi, school life, seinen series are what I'm into.

B Gate H Kei is turning out to be more funny and less ecchi than I'd  hoped. After a while, the clueless male characters get aggravating.

don't much care for Kiss x Sis. I watched the two or three OAVs they  released last year, and read the manga. It was just boring and the same  thing every single episode. It's mostly the incest thing that gets to  me.

You do know that they aren't blood related right?

And nonblood-related flirting should always be encouraged :P

« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 02:52:13 PM by ghostman50 »
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline Dvys

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
  • Anime <3
    • View Profile
    • Chip Creations
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 02:38:13 PM »
At the moment I only follow Angel Beat!, Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou, KissxSis TV and K-On!! :)
I still need to take a look at the first episodes of Uragiri wa Boko no Namae wo poopte Iru and Hakuouki: Shinsengumi Katan ;)

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 06:46:49 PM »
Animes i would watch again and again
death note
bleach
one piece
naruto shippuuden
samurai champloo
afro samurai
gantz
hellsing
fullmetal alchemist
elfenlied
space cowboys
soul eater
black than darker
blood+

Thats great... and there is a thread for that

None of those, except One Piece, Naruto: Shippuden, and bleach, are even airing in spring 2010.

The rest are just plain old.

Offline Sch3rox

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 07:28:55 PM »
sry for that i removed it!

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 08:22:13 PM »
I don't watch anime but if I did then I'd probably pick Angel Beats and Iron man :)

Offline chocobo

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 05:44:45 AM »
don't much care for Kiss x Sis. I watched the two or three OAVs they  released last year, and read the manga. It was just boring and the same  thing every single episode. It's mostly the incest thing that gets to  me.

You do know that they aren't blood related right?

And nonblood-related flirting should always be encouraged :P
Yeah. As I said, I read the manga, but it's just the idea. I'm not a prude or anything of the sort, I just get sick of step sibling theme in manga and anime. Of course, I'm a big harem fan. So I tend to like the stories involving many girls...

Also, let me know how B Gate H Kei goes for you. I don't watch anime until the season is over so I can watch the series in it's entirety without waiting week to week for the story. So I'm hoping B Gate H Kei is only a mini series. By the style and story I'd assume it is. Same goes for the two other series I was interested in.

Offline draft92

• Normal Trainer
  • Pokaymanz master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 08:57:19 AM »
rainbow nisha rokub? no shichinin

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 03:43:49 PM »
im curious is this thread ever going to be moved to the correct category?
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 03:52:25 PM »

Also, let me know how B Gate H Kei goes for you. I don't watch anime until the season is over so I can watch the series in it's entirety without waiting week to week for the story. So I'm hoping B Gate H Kei is only a mini series. By the style and story I'd assume it is. Same goes for the two other series I was interested in.

Out of the eccchis that came out, This one had the most potential (in just about every way). Its good, dont get me wrong, but it could be alot more ecchier.

Compared to "Ladies v Butlers" and "Seikon no Qwaser", from the Winter season, and kissxSis, this show is pretty innocent.

And as for the length of the series, it looks like a normal 13 episode series. They are entering the spring semester, what better time for a confession?

Is it any good? I was told that it had a few "Boy Love" themes in it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 04:02:42 PM by ghostman50 »

Offline draft92

• Normal Trainer
  • Pokaymanz master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 04:15:08 PM »

Is it any good? I was told that it had a few "Boy Love" themes in it.
[/quote]
I guess, but so far it's pretty awesome. I love allt he characters. And there's boy love, because there are nothing but guys in the show. Because it's about teenage prison inmates.

Offline chocobo

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 08:00:35 AM »

Out of the eccchis that came out, This one had the most potential (in just about every way). Its good, dont get me wrong, but it could be alot more ecchier.

Compared to "Ladies v Butlers" and "Seikon no Qwaser", from the Winter season, and kissxSis, this show is pretty innocent.
I haven't watched Seikon no Qwaser yet, but Ladies v Butlers really surprised me with how ecchi it was. I started the series and was like "No way this many boobs can be in an anime." Sure enough I was proven wrong damn near every episode. haha. I still loved it though. It was one of my favorite series from the Winter season.

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 01:03:43 AM »

I haven't watched Seikon no Qwaser yet, but Ladies v Butlers really surprised me with how ecchi it was. I started the series and was like "No way this many boobs can be in an anime." Sure enough I was proven wrong damn near every episode. haha. I still loved it though. It was one of my favorite series from the Winter season.

if Ladies v Butlers was surprising with its ecchiness, Seikon no Qwaser has about twice the content in the first 5 episodes (no joke). Its still ongoing and doesnt look like it'll end any time soon but its something to look into, at least the first episode, whenever you get a chance.

oh, and B Gata H kei is getting really... corny (not bad, just corny). I had high hopes for this one but its beginning to become unwatchable. idk what to make out of it (and Mayoi Neko Overun) but its.... not what i expected.  :(

« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 01:06:05 AM by ghostman50 »