* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Holiday Events  (Read 12571 times)

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday Events
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 06:43:04 PM »
Of all of those Jerry, we only have Easter in England.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 06:53:32 PM »
Yeah, I didn't mentioned the all so famous Christmas and New Year, so that makes three!

Oh, there's one somewhat connected to England... the Independence day of Mauritius, from the British :P but that's not as famous as the other days I mentioned.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 07:54:49 PM »
It's something we would have to do carefully. We would have to do Holidays celebrated all over the world; or we would have to do Holidays limited to certain regions, but do them for many regions. So that we don't alienate any of our players.

Once we have that settled, and the incentive to do it, I'm sure you could expect to see holiday events, quests, and items.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline partyprash

• Member Design Team
  • Contributor
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • PartyPrashVideos
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2010, 03:45:32 PM »
I think its a great great idea!
itll have people looking forward to these events all year round.
I think itll be a success if you keep these holiday events low, like 3 maybe 4 a year :)

I think we need to have some discussion on ideas, like what type of rewards/events we'll get

Im unsure if we can clothe our characters and stuff... if so clothes are great rewards..
special one time type of pokeballs maybe?? or decorations for your pokemon house...

PS: if you do Christmas i dont think you should do new year as 2 separate events...

maybe the event could be the duration between Christmas and new year, but these events are too close and i think its not a good idea to have holiday events so close to eachother.

I think the best holidays to use would be :

Halloween
Christmas
Valentines Day
Easter

(i think if you pick any three of these events are nicely spaced out and are all great events where itll be quite simple on planning scenarios and gifts/rewards)

« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 03:49:42 PM by partyprash »

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2010, 05:51:00 PM »
It's something we would have to do carefully. We would have to do Holidays celebrated all over the world; or we would have to do Holidays limited to certain regions, but do them for many regions. So that we don't alienate any of our players.

Once we have that settled, and the incentive to do it, I'm sure you could expect to see holiday events, quests, and items.
Eh... I play an MMO that celeberates EVERYTHING. From Christmas to Cinco Demayo to freaking PANCAKE DAY*. As long as it was balaced and you didn't favor one religion/culture/place over another, it should be fine.

*Real holiday. I've never had a pancake on pancake day, though.

Offline Lance_Stormblade

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2010, 08:28:55 PM »
why not celebratory Items for the 4 sabbats? those are celebrated by pagans/wiccans across the globe, like for example (BRB let me get one of my grimoires) how about in Esotara (the spring sabbat celebrated march 21) an elderly lady gives out shirts with colored eggs on them. and instead of having a different shirt each year how about different upgrades that can be equipped or unequipped from the shirt or other Item, the same goes for all other holiday Items and anyone is welcome to ALL Holiday Items like I remember on an older thread someone talking about trainer houses of some sort, how about bringing THAT into the mix and you can get Items to decorate your house like for haunnkia how about a manora (if anyone who celebrates it notices I spelled something wrong when it comes to this, PLZ tell me and I apologize) that you can place somewhere in the house and each of the 8 nights of the Jewish Holiday another candle lights up, not only that but as time goes on you can have a selection of different designs of Manoras, if anyone who Is islamic and reading this I would be VERY interested to hear any Ideas for any Islam Holidays such as the Month of Ramadan (plz don't kill me if I spelled that wrong!) I hope people enjoyed what I seriously am interested in what the original starter of this thread has to say!

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2010, 09:39:54 PM »
why not celebratory Items for the 4 sabbats? those are celebrated by pagans/wiccans across the globe, like for example (BRB let me get one of my grimoires) how about in Esotara (the spring sabbat celebrated march 21) an elderly lady gives out shirts with colored eggs on them. and instead of having a different shirt each year how about different upgrades that can be equipped or unequipped from the shirt or other Item, the same goes for all other holiday Items and anyone is welcome to ALL Holiday Items like I remember on an older thread someone talking about trainer houses of some sort, how about bringing THAT into the mix and you can get Items to decorate your house like for haunnkia how about a manora (if anyone who celebrates it notices I spelled something wrong when it comes to this, PLZ tell me and I apologize) that you can place somewhere in the house and each of the 8 nights of the Jewish Holiday another candle lights up, not only that but as time goes on you can have a selection of different designs of Manoras, if anyone who Is islamic and reading this I would be VERY interested to hear any Ideas for any Islam Holidays such as the Month of Ramadan (plz don't kill me if I spelled that wrong!) I hope people enjoyed what I seriously am interested in what the original starter of this thread has to say!

eh...

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2010, 10:32:16 PM »
4th of July is very national indeed.
Why don't you think international? - this is a MMO after all.
for U.S.A. server there could be an independence day event...
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2010, 02:54:45 PM »
I really think that if one server gets an event, they all should. I mean, I'd love to celebrate the holidays of other cultures, even if I really have no idea what it's for.

As long as we don't take favorites (i.e. - Ten English holdiays and only one or two chinese) Ya know? Maybe, every year, we celebrate ONE national holiday from each of the countries PU is most popular in. Just 'cause we don't know what we're celebrating, doesn't mean we can't enjoy it. I mean, look at the streets of any major city! Any drunk guy'll happily stop and cheer along with a crowd of other people, just for the sake of cheering.

Offline Lance_Stormblade

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2010, 04:46:49 PM »

eh...

Don't like it huh?

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2010, 09:11:58 PM »

eh...

Don't like it huh?

I just think all these religious events will end up angering someone somewhere in someway and it will be a real mess. It happens too often

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2010, 09:38:46 PM »
IF we do holiday events, it is likely to be only a few, and the ones that the majority of players celebrate. E.G Christmas. Sorry, but we can't make everybody happy.

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2010, 09:58:23 PM »
Or, we forget all Holidays as people know them and we just do our own.

Christmas? Try "Delibirdmas."

There is no reason we are constrained to actually following Holidays. If we want to put in a specific PU version of a Holiday, we can. That doesn't mean it even needs to be remotely similar to an already well known Holiday.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2010, 03:52:15 PM »
Meh, we can also issue an event for the birthdays of the team's members ;)

::joking::

We could of course have game events concerning PU itself... I don't know, like an anniversary of the foundation of PU, or some event for the inauguration of something in the game, or things like that.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2010, 05:48:12 PM »
We actually could have an 'anniversary' of the founding of PU also be dedicated to the people who make PU what it is. That's not JUST the team, though. It's Jerry. It's Chibivampire, if she ever comes back. It's everyone here who makes the community worthwhile. I tell ya, guys, if I didn't like you, I wouldn't have stayed here very long.
I'm betting this game wouldn't be even close to the same without our resident mudkip up there, and I think people need to know about it, at least be reminded that we owe a portion of the game's value to certain members of the community.