* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: 8-bit Minigame Idea  (Read 8602 times)

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
8-bit Minigame Idea
« on: August 28, 2010, 08:30:48 AM »
I was thinking that for the minigames, you could have various minigames for each type of pokemon that used 8-bit graphics and had to use game tokens to operate, but would produce arcade points for every 100-or-so points you got, depending on the amount of points given out in games, which could change the amount of Game points required to obtain Arcade Points. If, in the game, you managed to lose all your tries, you could insert more game tokens to retry without losing your game score, but this price would double every time you lost, so someone couldn't just manage to beat the high score on a game just because they managed to obtain 5 billion game tokens. You could use arcade points to buy various furniture, items, tms, etc. as well.

There could be a simple 1 color sprite with graphics similar to graphics in the NES games. A game idea for four legged pokemon like ponyta and jolteon could be a hurdle jumping game with a sprite resembling a dog like animal similar to ninetales, with only one tail, where all you did was jump over a bunch of hurdles with various frequencies, heights, and speed at which you approached it.

Another game would be a flying game for bird pokemon, where you pressed a button to make the pokemon flap, which sent it upwards a little, in a similar game to Balloon fight. there are object the player has to avoid, and when the player gets later on in the game, the objects the player must avoid start moving. The player can change directions in flight, and if (s)he gets too low, the game will end. Pokemon in this game would be pokemon like Pidgey and skarmory, and the color of the flying sprite still would change depending on the pokemon being used.

A game for bulky pokemon who don't seem very fast like Golem and Machoke is a Block breaker game which involves moving a panel held by the pokemon to reflect a ball to clear all the blocks. as the game goes on, the ball would start moving faster and the panel the pokemon is holding would get smaller. the Blocks would be in varying formations, each time including more blocks and eventually, the blocks would scroll side to side which would make it harder to hit.

These are all the game Ideas I could think of, But im sure the team could add to my idea, and could probably find a game suitable for fish and plants and small pokemon like magikarp, cleffa, and bellsprout.
I like slowpoke.

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
Re: 8-bit Minigame Idea
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 09:08:03 AM »
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 09:45:32 AM »
Definitely gonna save this for later.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 10:13:58 AM »
Nice ideas :)

I'm sure that this would be a great addition to PU!
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 12:38:40 AM »
I was thinking that for the minigames, you could have various minigames for each type of pokemon that used 8-bit graphics and had to use game tokens to operate, but would produce arcade points for every 100-or-so points you got, depending on the amount of points given out in games, which could change the amount of Game points required to obtain Arcade Points. If, in the game, you managed to lose all your tries, you could insert more game tokens to retry without losing your game score, but this price would double every time you lost, so someone couldn't just manage to beat the high score on a game just because they managed to obtain 5 billion game tokens. You could use arcade points to buy various furniture, items, tms, etc. as well.

There could be a simple 1 color sprite with graphics similar to graphics in the NES games. A game idea for four legged pokemon like ponyta and jolteon could be a hurdle jumping game with a sprite resembling a dog like animal similar to ninetales, with only one tail, where all you did was jump over a bunch of hurdles with various frequencies, heights, and speed at which you approached it.

Track and Field: Hurdles

Another game would be a flying game for bird pokemon, where you pressed a button to make the pokemon flap, which sent it upwards a little, in a similar game to Balloon fight. there are object the player has to avoid, and when the player gets later on in the game, the objects the player must avoid start moving. The player can change directions in flight, and if (s)he gets too low, the game will end. Pokemon in this game would be pokemon like Pidgey and skarmory, and the color of the flying sprite still would change depending on the pokemon being used.

Helicopter

A game for bulky pokemon who don't seem very fast like Golem and Machoke is a Block breaker game which involves moving a panel held by the pokemon to reflect a ball to clear all the blocks. as the game goes on, the ball would start moving faster and the panel the pokemon is holding would get smaller. the Blocks would be in varying formations, each time including more blocks and eventually, the blocks would scroll side to side which would make it harder to hit.

Breakout

These are all the game Ideas I could think of, But im sure the team could add to my idea, and could probably find a game suitable for fish

Slowpoke Fishing

and plants

Lemonade (Flower) Stand

and small pokemon like magikarp

Clicks (Splashes) Per Minute

, cleffa

Manhole
- or some sort of newborn pokemon maintenance game (comfort baby's who are crying, and not letting their crying wake up others)-

, and bellsprout.

Plants vs Zombies (Ghosts)

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 01:23:05 AM »
Also I have a few ideas:

1: Flying Type Game- A Bird Pokemon game where you shoot the Pokemon (With a Stun Gun of course) and get points, like in Duck Hunt. Maybe with boss Pokemon at the end of every stage like Charizard or Flygon.

2: Ground Type Game- A game like Whack-a-mole where the Pokemon (Ground Type) come out of the ground and you have to knock them back into the ground. Diglett would be the best but other Pokemon like Sandshrew or Hippodon could also be in the game.

3: I don't know the type- A Ping-Pong game with either Starter Pokemon (Grass types hit the Ping pong with a Razor leaf, Water Types use Water Gun and Fire Types use Ember.) or either Fighting Types hit the Ping Pong Ball with their Fists. Those seem to be the best type for that.

4: Any Type- A target hitting game with any type (they need to be able to throw things, ex. Rock or Fire Types) and as you progress the targets get smaller and are worth more points.

5: Eeveelousion game- Maybe an Accuracy game where they're are a bunch or Eevees and you have to fling the right evo stone at the right eevee (I don't know how you would know, maybe they are tinged with the color of their evo, like Jolteon it looks kind of yellow Umbreon darker)

6: Steel Type- (Not my best idea...) Maybe a Steel Type Game where things are being thrown at you and you have to turn into steel (You know like Kirby) whenever they are about to hit you and they come more fast when you progress through the game.

7: Ground Type again- Another Ground Type game where you have to go underground and catch other Pokemon or something like that, kind of like Dig Doug.

8: Electric type game- An Electric Pokemon game where you must hit poles or something and knock them over and you do this by moving to each one with the arrows and holding the A key until they fall over. Maybe there are also Pokemon that are around the poles and you can't hit them with Electricity, and maybe as you progress more poles are there.

9: a Checkers game with Reshiram and Zekrom as the Checker pieces, just like Checkers but they are the Pieces or you can make it like Chess with Legendarys, or again Reshiram and Zekrom, Cressilia and Darkrai or Light and Dark Pokemon. (If you do all Legendarys make them from one generation (Not 4, but any of the others, four just has so many...)

10. Another Legendary Pokemon Game- This time you have to hit them with something while them are moving until they turn red, then you throw a Pokeball (You don't really keep the Pokemon of course. But maybe when you catch one it can help you one time or something like that.)

11. Small or Shiny Pokemon- I was thinking a Claw Machine type game with either Small Pokemon or Shiny, if it is Shiny then maybe you try to get Shinys and not regulars, and if you don't like it being Claw Machine it could be a fishing game with fish Pokemon like Feebas and Magikarp.

Anyway that is all my ideas for now, but I might edit later with some more so check back.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 01:25:34 AM by LucarioX »
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 01:47:59 PM »
, and bellsprout.

Plants vs Zombies (Ghosts)

I'm totally in to this idea :D
We have a lot of "plants" to use.

• Oddish -> Gloom -> Vileplume/Bellossom
  • Bellsprout -> Weepinbell -> Victreebel
  • Exeggcute -> Exeggutor
  • Tangela -> Tangrowth
  • Sunkern -> Sunflora
  • Carnivine
  • And many more

As goes for the zombies. We have several candidates among the Ghost- and Fire types. ^_^
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 02:53:32 PM »

Ideas:
Dark Type: A flashlight game where the mouse controls the flashlight (a circle of light) around a black screen, to try and find Pokemon, or other stuff. As you advance, the flashlight gets smaller, there are more Pokemon, etc.

Normal: A mario type game where you can choose between several normal types, then run around hopping on other pokemon, etc. Like Mario.

Offline Aka-Kami

• Pixel Artist
  • Beginning Trainer
  • Words go here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 12:18:44 PM »
But this arcade points you suggest will take over the currency that we will use.

Offline Sam

• Beginning Trainer
  • Sam used Hand-Grenade! Foe's Pokémon Sploded!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 08:39:05 PM »
Wise man once say:

WOW UR SO 0SUM DIZ ARE TEH BEST IDEA EBUUUUUR.

So, yeah. Awesome idea.

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 08:43:09 PM »
But this arcade points you suggest will take over the currency that we will use.
No, Arcade Points wouldn't take over the main currency for the same reason that coins don't take the place of money in the Hand-held games.

Offline Sam

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 08:49:39 PM »
Holy Monkeys!

I have an idea.

Any type: A whack-a-mole kind of game involving Diglett's popping up randomly and instead of having a hammer to whack them with, the Pokémon just uses an attack. Dugtrio could pop up at certain times, go back down faster, but if you do hit them, you get more points?

Gonna get shot down, isn't it?

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 08:51:12 PM »
Not going to get shot down. This idea was brought up in LucarioX's post previous to this, but you elaborated more. I personally think it is a good idea.

Offline Sam

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 09:11:26 PM »
Not going to get shot down. This idea was brought up in LucarioX's post previous to this, but you elaborated more. I personally think it is a good idea.

Oh right. Sweet. W00T.

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 01:03:32 AM »
Am I the only one that is constantly reminded of Pokemon Stadium minigames?
And for that matter, why didn't Pokemon: Revolution have minigames? That game could have been so much better!