* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: A few things...  (Read 4281 times)

Offline DayStar

• Beginning Trainer
  • Live Life To The Full!
    • View Profile
A few things...
« on: January 22, 2010, 09:18:29 PM »
Okay so could you tell me if you have implemented a couple of things and if not could you? Okay so here's  my list :).

1. The cave at the end before the elite (there's always one), could it lead to an unexpected half-way house then lead on to another cave/forest or whatever, I know people are going to read this saying WTF don't make it any harder but I think that the game should be quite skill biding.

2. There needs to be more breeding-only egg moves and more complicated chain breeding lines.

3. Most of the trainers to have rematches and progressively become stronger. A lot stronger, with more intervals of levels.

4. Update the music. Remix the current music using synthesizers and real sound effects. Make the music something worth remembering. The music hasn't changed in the last thirteen years and it is the part of the game most complained about. (I know this one is pretty hard)

5. Make all 140 TMs, 11 HMs, and Move Tutor moves from all the games obtainable through at least one of these methods.

6. Pal Park?

7. At the beginning when you get your starter could you also obtain a gift pack of items (Exp Share early on in the game would be GREAT).

+1 Post
----------
Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad!
Everybody do the Kirby dance!!!
<( "<) <( " )> (>" )>

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
Re: A few things...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 09:31:06 PM »
Okay so could you tell me if you have implemented a couple of things and if not could you? Okay so here's  my list :).

2. There needs to be more breeding-only egg moves and more complicated chain breeding lines.
As far as I know it is undecided whether you will be able to breed pokemon. Also, I don't think any new moves will be added

4. Update the music. Remix the current music using synthesizers and real sound effects. Make the music something worth remembering. The music hasn't changed in the last thirteen years and it is the part of the game most complained about. (I know this one is pretty hard)

Hityeran is making all the music (no rips from the games) you can listen to some of his stuff on myspace, but it has a similar feel to the games.

5. Make all 140 TMs, 11 HMs, and Move Tutor moves from all the games obtainable through at least one of these methods.
I believe that all existing pokemon moves will be implemented (except for Fling)

7. At the beginning when you get your starter could you also obtain a gift pack of items (Exp Share early on in the game would be GREAT).
I don't really like this idea, I would rather have to work for items than just be given them straight away.

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 09:36:16 PM »

1. The cave at the end before the elite (there's always one), could it lead to an unexpected half-way house then lead on to another cave/forest or whatever, I know people are going to read this saying WTF don't make it any harder but I think that the game should be quite skill biding.
Whut? Have you read our game storyline?

Breeding will be the same as in the original games until I find the strength to write something new. (which will be .... never?)

3. Most of the trainers to have rematches and progressively become stronger. A lot stronger, with more intervals of levels.
Already planning something like that.

We (Hiteryan) are making a complete new soundtrack for Pokemon Universe. I'm even listening to some of the tunes while writing this post.

Who knows....

6. Pal Park?
NO!

You choose a starter Pokemon when you create your account. This will be done on the (this) website.

NP
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 09:40:47 PM by Mr_Dark »
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline sumguyk24

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 09:37:11 PM »
i like your ideas most of them are great and would contribute to the game very well but the music is what makes the new game experience seem not so different. The music could be touched up but in my opinion shouldn't be changed. good ideas still though  ;D

Offline DayStar

• Beginning Trainer
  • Live Life To The Full!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 10:32:40 PM »
Okay, Thanks Mr_Dark youve pretty much covered it up :)
sorry but I have JUST read the story (fully)

I think i've gotten enough info :)

Thanks, Please Close when you wish!

Edit: Thanks sumguyk24 for your opinion :)
+1 Post
----------
Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad!
Everybody do the Kirby dance!!!
<( "<) <( " )> (>" )>

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 10:39:54 PM »
closed.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"