* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Pokemon Loot  (Read 4053 times)

Offline Retexks

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Pokemon Loot
« on: January 25, 2010, 04:50:23 AM »
I was just thinking in most MMORPG's they have a loot function. A way this could be applied to PU and quests would be to have quest that when are accepted centain pokemon start to hold items. For example say there was a quest where some wild mankey have been stealing goods from the local town and u accept the quest to get them back. After you accept the quest mankeys in the local area will start to be holding these items. Then to collect them back you will have to either catch them or use moves like thief. Doing this could allow some pretty good loot to be found and would be a different quest compared to go out and catch x amount of pokemon y, because later in the game you wouldn't have to catch them anymore.

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
Re: Pokemon Loot
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 12:21:30 PM »
Yeah we already thought about a looting system when defeating a wild Pokémon, so somewhere in the near future this will get implemented.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline joe198098

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 08:10:40 AM »
sounds good. i think the main way of obtaining items should be through buying them, like in the gameboy games. it would be cool if you could challenge someone to a battle, agree on a set wager, and however wins gets the cash. it would be a great pvp feature. but still keep areas where people battle just for fun and to show off.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 03:50:58 PM »
Concerning battling, the cash prize will be a percentage of the money of the player who lost the battle.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline recneps

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 07:33:26 AM »
Concerning battling, the cash prize will be a percentage of the money of the player who lost the battle.

I personally agree with the idea of winning a percentage of the other player's money, it makes it so you have to get better or else you'll be broke in no time at all. It shouldn't be too high of a percent though

Offline Chaoseth

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 07:41:10 AM »
it would be cool if you could challenge someone to a battle, agree on a set wager, and however wins gets the cash. it would be a great pvp feature.

The only thing the players doing this need to worry about Joe, is getting hooked to gambling and losing all their money. It wouldn't be good if some players ended up having gambling problems over their battles..  although the foreseen forum complaints about their issue I can assume will turn out to be amusing in some way. :P

Offline joe198098

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 09:23:02 AM »
right! lol