* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: what you hope for from Gen 6  (Read 121447 times)

Offline Monzta

• CharlesedickNB
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Effectively.
    • View Profile
Re: what you hope for from Gen 6
« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2011, 09:40:00 AM »
I'd like more quests, and an actual quest system where you can check up on quests and delete them and whatever.  Also, more evolutions of already-made pokemon. I'd like to see Dunsparce evolved, and maybe Sudowoodo and stuff.

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2011, 06:47:01 PM »
Yes, I think some pokemon are overdue for an evolution or prevolution. It's the fifth generation, and there are pokemon introduced in the original generation that don't have any evolutionary family. Poor Lapras.

Now they're introducing pokemon that look quite similar to older pokemon, yet are unrelated. Is there any reason why Alomomola couldn't be an evolution of Luvdisc?

Of course there are fans that hate the idea of doing this with older pokemon, even though the option of not evolving a pokemon has been around since the beginning. It seems like a weak excuse to not expand on what is already there, and instead bring in a bunch of new pokemon that fans are complaining about as well. Unpleasable fanbase much?

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2011, 08:54:13 PM »
Not sure if i've mentioned this yet, but i'd like to see a pokemon take on the zombie/ghost pirate ship theme. and i've come up with a ghost/steel pokemon i'd like to call "Corpsair" a combination of corpse and corsair a pirate nickname. evolves into "Decapitain". a combination of decapitation and captain pronounced De-cap-eh-tan, or... like the French word

Also for the love of ARCEUS... a Fighting/Flying type!!! it's the ONLY type Flying hasn't been paired with
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2011, 09:27:53 PM »
What would be the difference between air and flying types?

Indeed, taking note also that there are 'Air Slash', 'Aeroblast', 'Air Cutter' etc as flying type moves with 'air' in their names.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline crozza159

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2011, 10:09:34 AM »
More quests would be awesome, so long as they dont make the game boring by being quest after quest before you can even battle a gym. More to do after defeating the elite 4, not just the national dex, more.

I don't think lapras needs an evolution but please, do something with the current waste of space known as dunsparce, give him an evolution that will make gyarados shiver in fear.

Air would not be a good idea, coz it just means that basically all bird pokemon that are normal/flying will become air/flying.

Mild cursing...no...kids play these games. and people fighting , there are other games for that.

Fighting/Flying...maybe...if they can get a good pokemon like that I'll be surprised, but i just don't see that happening.

Steel/ghost, sounds interesting but kinda contradictory, ghosts are supposed to be light, yet steel is quite heavy. i haven't made my mind up about that one yet.

One of my ideas, The legends of each version, Pirate and Ninja...come on

Or maybe just make one version to start with, but at the start of the game, you choose a key item, this item will choose the Legendary Pokemon you can obtain, and also the wild pokemon that appear

Thanks to cortexjs for making this banner.

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2011, 07:49:36 PM »
More quests would be awesome, so long as they dont make the game boring by being quest after quest before you can even battle a gym. More to do after defeating the elite 4, not just the national dex, more.

I don't think lapras needs an evolution but please, do something with the current waste of space known as dunsparce, give him an evolution that will make gyarados shiver in fear.

Air would not be a good idea, coz it just means that basically all bird pokemon that are normal/flying will become air/flying.

Mild cursing...no...kids play these games. and people fighting , there are other games for that.

Fighting/Flying...maybe...if they can get a good pokemon like that I'll be surprised, but i just don't see that happening.

Steel/ghost, sounds interesting but kinda contradictory, ghosts are supposed to be light, yet steel is quite heavy. i haven't made my mind up about that one yet.

One of my ideas, The legends of each version, Pirate and Ninja...come on

Or maybe just make one version to start with, but at the start of the game, you choose a key item, this item will choose the Legendary Pokemon you can obtain, and also the wild pokemon that appear

Golurk from the new set is a heavy-set ghost pokemon so i think it's a prettty easy made idea for Corpsair/Decapitain. I'd want to see something like that be Defense and Speed heavy with either Sp.Atk or Attack as 3rd major stat, depending on the nature and such

for Lapras, i'd prefer to see a "baby" or pre-evolved form. That'd be cute :D.

ALSO! a baby form for both Miltank and Tauros, it's the same pokemon but it evolves into either Tauros/Miltank depending on it's gender.
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

Offline crozza159

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 12, 2011, 02:55:45 AM »
The baby form of tauros and miltank is long overdue.

I like golurk because of its immunities, give corpsair/decapitan levitate... It'll work

still not too sure on Lapras' baby form or evolution idea, Lapras is fairly strong, it would be a top of the range baby pokemon, its evolved form would be mental.

Thanks to cortexjs for making this banner.

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2011, 05:26:38 PM »
I think Golurk makes sense because it's a ghost possessing a suit of armor. It's certainly not the first case of a spirit possessing an inanimate object.

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2011, 09:33:33 PM »
I mainly like the idea of the Ghost?Steel because it gives a wide array of defenses, and can take down quite a few other types. Levitate makes it's only weakness Fire, which goes with the typical zombie weakness thing in video games. It also made me think of two things: 1, the Old Chateau and 2, the wrecked ship in R/S/E.

It would be cool if you could use Dive to go down into the depths of a stormy ocean and find a shunken ship with treasure, like B/W Abyssal Ruins. imagine that's how you have to find a storyline item or like the Master ball, but you'd have to battle Decapitain first.

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2011, 10:08:39 PM »
Not sure if I mentioned it before, but I like the idea of a zombie pirate.

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2011, 10:41:40 PM »
Something that'd be a little OP'd would be a Poison/Fire type with either Limber or Vital Spirit. knocks out 3 status effects

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #116 on: April 12, 2011, 10:57:31 PM »
but a x4 Equake...

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 12, 2011, 11:00:30 PM »
That would be good, though immunity to toxic only really helps tanks, and as already stated it's 4x weak against the ever present earthquake.

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #118 on: April 12, 2011, 11:02:57 PM »
I could think of a millon ways to counter a poke imune to most stat conditions... 1: beat it into the ground with Equake, 2: use a fast Sweeper that is either imune or resists its stabs... i could go on for a bit longer... Hippowdon would be its worst nightmare...

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 13, 2011, 12:20:18 AM »
yeah, but there's already quite a few pokemon that can be KO'd with a 4x Ground weakness. Like Heatran, Magcargo, Aggron/pre-evolved forms, Probopass, etc