* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: will we just be battling?  (Read 4695 times)

Offline lildjremix

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
will we just be battling?
« on: October 17, 2011, 11:28:58 AM »
in a recent discussion i was part of in the topic "poke economy " (or along the lines of that) i started to wonder, will we only be endlessly battling? will we be having side quests like catching a pokemon for someone, or finding a berry, or even delivering a message for a professor? if theres a thread about this please direct me lol otherwise i was hoping to get some insight
ii believe these words came from herman cain "i believe these words came from the Pokemon movie" see? even presidential candidates like it

Offline Monzta

• CharlesedickNB
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Effectively.
    • View Profile
Re: will we just be battling?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 11:48:43 AM »
Yes, there are many different quests to complete in game. This is all over the website.

Offline lildjremix

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 12:08:52 PM »
see, im aware of many mission posts as well as roleplaying missions and mission suggestions but so far non i've seen have been non battle related it seems senseless to just battle chronically
ii believe these words came from herman cain "i believe these words came from the Pokemon movie" see? even presidential candidates like it

Offline Level5Pidgey

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • Use Gust!
    • View Profile
    • Pidgey's Philosophical Game Design
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 12:55:17 PM »
We're going to have a minigame where you can read the forums all day and sigh at every topic you don't like.

There will be quests that do not require battling - but this being Pokemon, the game will tend to focus on battling.
Read my Game Design Blog!

And that one, lone, distressed flying Krabby went on to become the most powerful being in the Universe.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 01:56:07 PM »
see, im aware of many mission posts as well as roleplaying missions and mission suggestions but so far non i've seen have been non battle related it seems senseless to just battle chronically

There have been many of those too, though not as many as those involving battles. Most if not all pokemon games involve battles, with a couple of side mini games, and less often, non-battle related spin off. So, one does expect pokemon battles.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline lildjremix

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 02:05:24 PM »
yes  the battles is a expected thing, its pokemon after all lol. but this, if im correct, isn't just another memory limited color version. its supposed to be continuous and i'll battle on end for days but after awhile its the same thing for awhile  but im not complaining im sure the final product will be well balanced

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 02:08:19 PM »
Well, this is one aim of the game, while another aim is to make the battles less 'boring' in the sense that you probably won't see the same teams on with every trainer, because every pokemon will have a chance to battle and be strong enough to be a good addition to a team. That's the job of Level5Pidgey, the one who posted above and the is the one who can explain that subject better :)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 08:01:11 PM »
Ahem. I do believe this is my department. Yes, there will be quests, some will require battling, however, if you're one of those people who enjoys the storyline behind games then you should be in for a treat. On the other hand, if you're one of those who skips cinematics, then be prepared for a long experience of battling and walking, cos that's all you're gonna get.

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 08:19:17 PM »
there is going to be a story to this game?! And I don't mean that evil group tries to take over the world, 10 year old starts pokemon journey, 10 year old beats the stuffing out of evil group and saves world... ::)

STORY FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Naughty

• New Trainer
  • Warning - I Lick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 08:30:06 PM »
will there be rare or unique items, like special designed pokeballs, clothing and random odd stuff or stuff that is hard to come by or can only get from quest or hidden some where in hard to get area's ?

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 08:33:15 PM »
Most probably, as many quests require new items, most of which will be like the 'Key Items' though, with asome exceptions.

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 08:35:22 PM »
there is going to be a story to this game?! And I don't mean that evil group tries to take over the world, 10 year old starts pokemon journey, 10 year old beats the stuffing out of evil group and saves world... ::)

STORY FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

Though no pokemon game is complete without a hapless evil organization who couldn't battle their way out of a paper bag.

Offline Ice Warrior Astral

• Normal Trainer
  • I don't suck, I refuse to be cheap.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 12:17:14 AM »
So true about the evil organisation can't kick a 10 year old's butt.

Offline lildjremix

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 03:08:24 AM »
awesome lol i cant wait