Entertainment > Japanese Entertainment

[Anime] Air Gear.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Darkstar64:
Now that you say this, I do understand it a bit better. To tell you the truth, I was sad to see the anime for Soul Eater end the way it did, but it was a good ending to a great anime, and it probably was means of advertising the manga.

Dkiddeh:
indeed, great to hear that some people actually saw air gear ! Awesome awesome, mine was agito as well :P, and indeed souleater a bit disapointing that it ended so quick as well !

Desbear:
You realize that season 2 of soul eater is coming next year, right?

On the actual topic, how good is the anime? I want to find a lot anime I like and I wondered how good this is.

Silver:

--- Quote from: Darkstar64 on December 06, 2011, 06:14:59 AM ---Now that you say this, I do understand it a bit better. To tell you the truth, I was sad to see the anime for Soul Eater end the way it did, but it was a good ending to a great anime, and it probably was means of advertising the manga.

--- End quote ---

From the anime point of view, Soul Eater's ending was something known as Deus Ex Machina, not to give a definition, but its more or less the biggest kind of cop out when it comes to storytelling since theatre has even been invented. "It was all a dream" and "I have something that noone knew about that I suddenly reveal to save the day" are both examples of this.

What happened to Maka in the final episode(you know what), was a prime example of Deus Ex Machina. That happened just chansey because.

Soul Eater was one of the first animes I've seen when I began to really watch anime, not just be a kid and see comething on tv. Its been over 100 animes since then for me, and my experiences with other shows have made it apparent that Soul Eater isn't even that good. I'm not flaming it or anything, but after I've seen so much other really, really good anime, Soul Eater just absolutely pales in comparasin.

I've said this before, I'm almost always happy to reccommend an anime to someone who truly appreciates the genre, or is trying to get into it, feel free to PM me.

Darkstar64:

--- Quote from: Meowth on December 06, 2011, 06:37:57 PM ---You realize that season 2 of soul eater is coming next year, right?

--- End quote ---

HOLY

FLAMING

SEASALT POPSICLES!!!!!!!

--- Quote from: Silver on December 06, 2011, 10:42:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: Darkstar64 on December 06, 2011, 06:14:59 AM ---Now that you say this, I do understand it a bit better. To tell you the truth, I was sad to see the anime for Soul Eater end the way it did, but it was a good ending to a great anime, and it probably was means of advertising the manga.

--- End quote ---

From the anime point of view, Soul Eater's ending was something known as Deus Ex Machina, not to give a definition, but its more or less the biggest kind of cop out when it comes to storytelling since theatre has even been invented. "It was all a dream" and "I have something that noone knew about that I suddenly reveal to save the day" are both examples of this.

What happened to Maka in the final episode(you know what), was a prime example of Deus Ex Machina. That happened just chansey because.

Soul Eater was one of the first animes I've seen when I began to really watch anime, not just be a kid and see comething on tv. Its been over 100 animes since then for me, and my experiences with other shows have made it apparent that Soul Eater isn't even that good. I'm not flaming it or anything, but after I've seen so much other really, really good anime, Soul Eater just absolutely pales in comparasin.

I've said this before, I'm almost always happy to reccommend an anime to someone who truly appreciates the genre, or is trying to get into it, feel free to PM me.

--- End quote ---

I realize that there are a lot of different animes, but you must have watched a LOT of anime to find something better that soul eater. That being said, I might just be obsessing over something that's average because I have the habit of liking it too much. I realize that there are a lot of different genres of anime, but I don't really have one I like specifically. Just to put you in perspective, I liked Air Gear, Bleach, FMA, and Fruits Basket. And if you know what Fruits basket is, you would laugh at me like you would if you dared your male friend to dress in wonen's clothes and he did it no questions asked.

What I'm saying here is I'd like to know other animes that I would like so I actually know ho to put Soul Eater in perspective.

You know, this has become less of air gear and more of Soul eater...

You know what I don't get? How the hell are they in MIDDLE school, yet they're already weird, awkward, perverted teenagers? I mean, how are they THAT TALL?!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version