* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Closed] Poisoned Utopia| Time: Evening| Weather: Cloudy  (Read 235861 times)

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
Re: [RP] Poisoned Utopia| Time: Night| Weather: Windy
« Reply #825 on: March 29, 2012, 10:48:29 PM »
""First of all, respect its earned, what you did just now was disrespect that girl, so you go apologize after im done with you. Second, being cocky its sometimes good but not in this base, here you work and train hard, your senses and reaction time are low, you need to train them in order to stay alive. and Third, go apologize to her now, i need to sleep..."
Shock sighed, and scratched his head. " I tend to do that a lot, don't I? Make her mad. AND be slow." He chuckled a bit. " Night."
Shock backed out of the room as quietly as possible, and flipped his yo-yo out. Now, he needed some thinking to do. He walked quietly along the dark corridor, trying to catch up with Ayara. " Hey, sorry about that. Really." He chewed his lip a bit, then went back to thinking, now focused on the prospect at hand: the search for the generator. If he were a generator, where would he be? But, of course, I'm NOT a generator. So, let's start there. If I weren't a generator, which I'm not, where would I be?
" I most certainly wouldn't be in any one of these rooms, other than the high official ones," He said aloud, nodding his head at his logic. It made perfect sense. He would have to be stupid for it to not make any sense. Perfectly Logic.
Wait. That isn't logic at all. That's stupidity in it's finest. He groaned as his yo-yo hit him in the face. He had lost his train of thought, as quickly as it came.
" Forget that. Well, not the apology. I didn't mean that. You just don't act very...well,..." He struggled to say lady-like, mainly because he didn't really know what lady-like was. He just frowned, and messed with his yo-yo a bit more. " Anyway, I'm sorry."
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
Well, next time you see ol' Firecrotch, make sure you give him a bad batch- Nagi Kengamine
--
No matter how girly I act, I am a man, and I would like to be seen as one. You are forgiven for accidents, but not ignorance. You can skype me at angelofcorpses if you have any questions, as I am on hiatus

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
  • Arch Knight Ayara here~
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 30, 2012, 05:28:13 AM »
I kept walking as I heard our instructor lecture Shock.
I'm mildly surprised that anyone reacted...
There were rapid footsteps as Shock walked after me.
hey, sorry about that. Really.
I kept walking with the lantern, glancing around as we moved.
I most certainly wouldn't be in any one of these rooms, ther than the high official ones. Forget that. Well, not the apology. I didn't mean that. You just don't act very...well,...Anyway, I'm sorry.
I kept walking, without looking at him.
Were you, by chance, going to end that sentence with something such as "human"? Because if you were, there's no point worrying. I'm quite accustomed to being considered a freak. Comes up pretty often in the more intact areas. Humans with roofs over their heads forget the hunger and everything else. The ones who are still scavenging and trying to survive become scum. A women once threw a rock at me just for trying to cross through her yard.
I kept moving. It was true. I was pretty used to it. We'd been attacked like that so many times I'd lost count.
The lantern cast light on another jammed door, and I stopped to open it.
I doubt you've ever had that happen. At least, not because of your "species". After all, you're human.
As the saying goes, Curiosity killed the cat, not the dragon.
Sister, you really must stop throwing shoes at people.
Hello there.

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 30, 2012, 06:41:23 PM »
Ca-Chink, Hiss, Eeeeee.  The door slip open to reveal a store room of sorts.  By looking at the electric lock next to it, it seemed this room had a high security level.  I decided to step in.  The room was filled with crates and boxes, I began looking though them.

"No way...  Heh, heh heh..."

One of the boxes contained my old Paladin gear.  Gear I wanted when I struck back at Utopia.  Shedding the rebel clothes, I dawned my old Paladin armor.  It felt right, I could move freely while still being protected.  It wasn't loose and there was no way it would hold me back in a fight.  Looking in the box deeper I found my pistol. 

"I've been looking for you, Mother..."

It was unloaded but next to it was a box of 30 steel bullets.

"Two clips, nice.  This'll come in handy against those pesky lead wielders."

I tucked Mother into her holster on the side of my armor and walked out the door.  I wondered how the rebels would react to my new look, since I still needed to build some trust.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: April 08, 2012, 11:50:45 PM »
With a power like that, we wouldn't need to bash in all these doors. It'd save a lot of time and energy.

So you're asking me...to open all 800 other doors?

Yeah...Why?

Nemo, I need to speak with you a moment.

Oh, thank god!

I quickly composed myself.

*Ahem* Uh, sure.

Follow me, this shouldn't take long.

Archie walked towrs wrenches chambers. As he went inside, he searched the back wall for the emergency exit from trhe dungeon. Once he felt the breeze from it, he slammed his fist into it. There was a loud clunk from the other side, and the panel fell in, revealing a secret passageway. He waits for nemo to enter the room.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
« Reply #829 on: April 09, 2012, 02:50:15 AM »
Shock wrinkled his nose. " Well... No, that's not what I wanted to say. I was going to say FEMININE. That's the word I was looking for."
He flinched, then realized she wasn't going to hit him. Not yet, anyway. " You know, it doesn't just happen to chosens. They're easily targeted. But us humans are also made fun of, if we're less fortunate. Like, there was this one time, me and my sis were digging through this random guys grave- found a nice tie in there- and then someone came by, laughed, and sicked their pet Psyho on us, and-"
He paused, shook his head, and lowered his voice. " Anyway, I didn't mean that. I mean, I'm in no place to judge in the first place.!"
He chewed on his lip again, lost in thought. He didn't really want to talk now, so he went on in silence.
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
Well, next time you see ol' Firecrotch, make sure you give him a bad batch- Nagi Kengamine
--
No matter how girly I act, I am a man, and I would like to be seen as one. You are forgiven for accidents, but not ignorance. You can skype me at angelofcorpses if you have any questions, as I am on hiatus

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 10, 2012, 01:05:03 AM »
Follow me, this shouldn't take long.

I followed Archie into a large room. Judging by all the electronic devices and screens, it was some kind of 'observation room'. Archie was searching the back wall as I looked around. I heard a sudden impact and the sound of metal bending, making me jump a little. I looked to Archie, who was standing in front of a new entrance into a tunnel. He turned to me and waited. I stepped forward, standing in front of the passageway. The light from my weapon went far down into the tunnel, but still couldn't reveal anything to me but the walls of the tunnel.

Um...May I ask...what's down there?

(I didn't know what it looked like, so I hope this works.)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 12, 2012, 12:07:22 AM »
Remember the stealth test? Well, we're heading there to find a way into the sub-basement. In all the years I been here, I never even knew we had one, but this book says there is one. Oh, you'll need to hold on to the book and use it as a reference. I'm afraid that if I open it, I may end up destroying it, and it's pretty old.

Archie handed the book to nemo, then started into the hallway. Towards the end, there was a winding staircase made of stone.

Well, no turning back now, at least the robots are powered down. Don't need any mishaps in the dark.

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 12, 2012, 12:56:01 AM »
Archie handed me the book. There was already a tear in it, meaning he had already tried to read it's contents. I followed him down the hall until we reached a stone staircase.

Well, no turning back now, at least the robots are powered down. Don't need any mishaps in the dark.

...Yeah.

I followed Archie down the spiraling staircase. I thought crossed my mind, one that needed an answer.

So...why did you choose me to come down here with you? I mean, there's a lot of other more experienced rebels who are a source of light...and you don't seem particularly fond of me, after...

I trailed off as I recalled the events that led up to this moment. The EMP that knocked out Wrench and sent the base into darkness, Wrench's limp robotic exterior, Archie's angry expression as I asked to power the base.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: April 16, 2012, 06:31:47 AM »
There may be other chosen that can provide light, but you're the only one that can shoot electricity. We already wrecked half the base since we don't really have a protocol to handle this, and I don't want to break down a random wall and risk destroying the generator. We're taking a different approach. Now, take that book and read from page 19.

Archie waited patiently. He was a little mad at this kid, then again, he didn't really know what was going to happen.

And it's not your fault we're in this mess. You didn't know what you were doing, and I hate to admit it, wrench made a large miscalculation. What doesn't make sense though is that the bots didn't take any orders from him.

Archie began to think about how this started, as if the bots were hacked. Axyl can't be the blame, and no one but Wrench knows the program.

Could wrench have planned this?

(Darkstar, you can make up anything written in the book. Get creative.)

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 16, 2012, 08:23:43 AM »
(Oh geez, REALLY?! *Cracks knuckles*)

There may be other chosen that can provide light, but you're the only one that can shoot electricity. We already wrecked half the base since we don't really have a protocol to handle this, and I don't want to break down a random wall and risk destroying the generator. We're taking a different approach. Now, take that book and read from page 19.

So it was for my power? I left the thought in the back if my mind and started flipping through the pages of the book.

And it's not your fault we're in this mess. You didn't know what you were doing, and I hate to admit it, wrench made a large miscalculation. What doesn't make sense though is that the bots didn't take any orders from him.

Well, it wouldn't be hard to cut off a robot's wireless communications retrieval. It woud only take the snipping of a wire in most cases. You just have to know which one.

I found Page 19, which had a couple paragraphs of text and a picture, which I ignored.

"Underneath the training hall lies the power source to the entire base. This power source is unique, as there is only one other like it in the entire world, which is what keeps the floating city of Utopia in the sky, one that I myself have also created."

I paused for a moment. That's one hell of a past, creating a paradise above this post-apocalyptic world we live in, and then focusing your efforts to destroy it.

U-um... "This power is guarded by many traps and hazards, which include, but are not limited to: Bear Traps, Poison Darts, Heat-sensing laser apparatuses, branching and maze-like paths, and Robot guards with locked AI set to exterminate." Can we turn around now?

Knowing the answer, I looked back to the book.

Nevermind...Umm...

I skipped around the page, looking for important information. I finally found the paragraph that explained the power source.

(If I'm not supposed to do this part, let me know, and I'll take it out.)

Oh, here. "The power source itself is a living entity, who, as punishment for their crimes, is to wallow in the darkness, giving life to the base as it watches us in envy of our freedom. His own life force is the source of power to this base."

I stood there, astonished by the book's sudden dark tone. A person, living down under the training hall, forced to power the base with his own life force? Suddenly, I didn't feel like I was on the righteous team anymore. I simply stood in silence after reading this.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 18, 2012, 06:42:11 AM »
Does it really say living entity? That can't be right at all. How could something alive provide a large amount of power to run a base?

Archie couldn't wrap his head around it. He knew wrench had secrets, but these seemed dark for him.

I can't accept that wrench would trap a helpless soul and exploit it for power. But if we're going to run into something alive, be prepared for anything. This base has been around long before I came here, so who knows what secrets it holds. See if you can find the location for the entrance in there, don't skip any words.

Archie found a powered down robot and dismantled the arms, and using his strength, twisted them around each other making a crude club.

Just in case.

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 18, 2012, 06:58:55 AM »
Does it really say living entity? That can't be right at all. How could something alive provide a large amount of power to run a base?

That's what it says...hmm...

I can't accept that wrench would trap a helpless soul and exploit it for power. But if we're going to run into something alive, be prepared for anything. This base has been around long before I came here, so who knows what secrets it holds. See if you can find the location for the entrance in there, don't skip any words.

I watched as Archie literally dis-armed a powered-down robot, using them as a crude club of sorts.

Just in case.

Well...it did say this was a punishment for it's crimes. So maybe it's not as innocent as you might think. And maybe it doesn't mean physically alive. Like maybe it's some sort of computer.

I looked back to the book, scanning through the pages for useful information.

I'm too much of an optimist sometimes...

While reading, I found a section explaining the various traps on the path to the energy source. I read the paragraph becoming more depressed as I read.

Well...we could be looking for a while. It says that there isn't a physical map for the maze, and Wrench has it programed into his 'brain'.

I started scanning through the rest of the page, looking for something that might aid our predicament, but to no avail.

I wish we could just charge right through the walls...That way, we wouldn't even need the map...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 07:37:41 AM by Darkstar64 »

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 18, 2012, 03:02:44 PM »
That's upsetting. I would hate to bang through the walls though.

Archie grabs a hold of nemo.

Hope you don't get vertigo from this.

He jumps in the air, and brings his legs down hard. There was another loud thud, but the floor didn't give, but enough dust was blown aside to reveal a slick surface made of a very durable metal.

Infinium. Even I can't break through that. I only knew that wrench and a few weapons are made of it, but I guess this generator is so important it's protected by the stuff.

Archie had a better look of the book with nemo under his arm. Something was sticking out of the ripped section of the cover, which became more obvious from the jostling it just had. He sets nemo down.

Something's sticking out of the cover. Looks like a not of some sort.

He grabs it, and rips the rest of the cover off. The note falls gently to the ground. Archie picks it up and reads it. One piece of paper he can handle.

287 X, 100 Y. That makes no sense to me at all.

Meanwhile, in the upper levels of the base.

A hypno eye notices that the base entrance is open, and decides it wants that to be the new home. It summons it's army of monsters to attack. In the army is a mess of granchlars, zigarex, and insectoroths. They storm the base, taking everyone by surprise. Archie and Nemo are safe, since wrench's door is locked tight, and has no way to be melted or bashed through.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 04:05:01 AM by Cortex J. »

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 19, 2012, 05:49:57 AM »
Solomon Leeta, and the girl I still havent learned the name off yet.(AKA HAVENT GOT ONE YET) for yet, keep walking through trying to find a good place to start looking, they are walking down, suddenly a zigarex comes out of nowhere and starts coming at them.

Solomon grabs hold of the wall and turns part of it into a sword, he grabs the flashlight out of the one girls hand and jumps, since the ceiling is metal he fuses the flash light so its like a lamp, he runs at the zigarex repeatedly jabbing the sword through its Stomach.HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE SUCKER!

Is he always like this?

Yes, why?

the girl I don't know the name of pulls out a sword and and turns around, a zigarex appears out of nowhere, she cuts its arms off, and then stabs it through the head, then a insectoroth (No idea if its spelled right.) comes out of nowhere on the side Solomon is, it spits acid over solomon and at where leeta had been standing in teh middle, while Solomon and no name girl are fighting a few zigarex's, Leeta jumps out of the way, then over the puddle, Solomon makes his sword a little longer to stab it with out getting into range of it, while he was stabbing that, a zigarex slashes him with his claws on his arm, Solomon stumbles to teh side for a little bit, then  grabs the wall, encasing that arm in metal too(He as you have noticed he slashed the arm without metal)

I am so gonna have to go to the medical ward when this is over..

LESS TALKY! MORE FIGHTY!

Leeta jumps at the zigarex and starts ripping it/them up with her claws.

YOU HAVE CLAWS?!

SHUT UP AND FIGHT!

WHAT SHE SAID!

They continue fighting, till they temporarily stop coming that way, Solomon un-fuses the flash light from teh ceiling, and hands it back to no name girl and they continue walking.

TRANSMISSION_END

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 19, 2012, 01:39:56 PM »
I was mending some rebel's wounds, when suddenly a few zigarex ran into the infirmary. I stand up.

Well, isn't this just dandy? I'll take care of-

Then a Grenchlar charges into the room, knocking a bit of a hole in the wall.

... on second thought can I get some help?

I use my tentacles to grab one of the zigarex, and then I charge at it, and stab it into the head. Another rebel cut the other Zigarex's head off pretty swiftly. The zigarex's were easy, but the grenchlar would be a problem. There were injured in the infirmary, so we had to lure it out somehow.

This is just not my day...
. . .