* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Stat (bars), and more stuff  (Read 3593 times)

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
  • Gents Dandy Cookies Association
    • View Profile
Stat (bars), and more stuff
« on: January 10, 2012, 04:45:29 AM »
I'm playing PWO and there's some stuff that I'm not sure if you covered in PU.

First- is stat bars which is something I thought would be good. When a Pokemon is a low level, they get growl, leer, etc. I thought instead of getting "Geodude has used Defense Curl and Def. increased by 20". Why not have bars that show up only for only the affected status? That way you know how far up the Pokemon's defense went up instead up guessing.

Second- A timer to know when a Npc can be fought again. That way you can got up to the npc talk to him and get a little message saying '24 hours left before you can battle npc'.

Third- A little Pokeball or icon that shows wether or not the Pokemon you're battling has been caught by you.

Fourth- Maybe a banking system so that money can grow over time. This is not really something I want, but something I thought would be helpful for guilds and help players to save for a house.

Fifth- An option to in settings to go from window mode to full screen.

Sixth- A help window so that when players need help, but are asking repeated questions, a little window pops up with all the info on what to do and where you can do it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 04:49:04 AM by Reafer »
I love Turtles!
For I am the Turtle God!!!

Offline Tristan

• Normal Trainer
  • If I was a pie, I'd be a good pie.
    • View Profile
Re: Stat (bars), and more stuff
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 05:19:06 AM »
First- Good idea but I see it happening more so after the game's launch. Seems like a feature that would come later on.

Second- I love this concept. It'd be a lot better than having to guess and remember who you can face next.

Third- A feature straight out of the games, yes it'd be nice.

Fourth- So basically interest? Eh, I don't know, it can easily be manipulated if balance isn't done correctly. For guilds specifically, how about a Guild Stock? Members can add money and items to it which the leader can then use to purchase upgrades for the Guild Hall or whatever it would be called.

Fifth- Also something I see happening later on.

Sixth- A built in FAQ would be nice.

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 05:27:11 AM »
Thanks I just think it's annoying to have to guess the difference between your Pokemon's attack and the enemy Pokemon's defense. For the stock I thought that was already being implemented so I honestly don't know in which direction this would head. But there really doesn't have to be interest if that would make the game to easy.
I love Turtles!

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 08:57:35 AM »
I'm playing PWO and there's some stuff that I'm not sure if you covered in PU.

First- is stat bars which is something I thought would be good. When a Pokemon is a low level, they get growl, leer, etc. I thought instead of getting "Geodude has used Defense Curl and Def. increased by 20". Why not have bars that show up only for only the affected status? That way you know how far up the Pokemon's defense went up instead up guessing.

Second- A timer to know when a Npc can be fought again. That way you can got up to the npc talk to him and get a little message saying '24 hours left before you can battle npc'.

Third- A little Pokeball or icon that shows wether or not the Pokemon you're battling has been caught by you.

Fourth- Maybe a banking system so that money can grow over time. This is not really something I want, but something I thought would be helpful for guilds and help players to save for a house.

Fifth- An option to in settings to go from window mode to full screen.

Sixth- A help window so that when players need help, but are asking repeated questions, a little window pops up with all the info on what to do and where you can do it.

1. Well yes, I could see the first one happening in the distant future.
2. The second one could be implemented too but again don't see it any time soon if ever.
3. For the third I'd think it's already implemented or will be implemented soon. Don't see a reason why it shouldn't be.
4. Fourth, the idea came up a few times before. For now, just think there might be a Guild Tab in the PC. (Once the Guild's get implemented too)
5. I would say there is one, but I don't know for sure, haven't played yet.
6. Again, I think that's a basic feature, and with all the people coming and asking "not so bright" questions even before the game is out, it would be better to have one.
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 02:26:19 PM »
I know a lot of this may be already added once the game is out.
The sixth one I think should be a tab or maybe the 'H' button that can be accessed on the game because in any game the GM's are ALWAYS asked the same thing and the chat gets full of spam since noobs don't read chat, or ignore chat, or miss chat, or even log on just after the question has been answered. I think a Pop-up should come up as soon as you join the game saying "Please press the ____ to find all basic and advanced info on the game or visit Pokemon-Universe.com for more help."
I love Turtles!

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 03:03:02 PM »
I'm sure we‘ll add a tutorial area at the beginning. That way people get introduced to the systems.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"