* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: What happens if all your pokemon faint?  (Read 12789 times)

Offline lubbies

• Normal Trainer
  • why is a torchic in water?
    • View Profile
What happens if all your pokemon faint?
« on: January 14, 2012, 10:24:38 PM »
I was wondering that if you lose a battle and all your pokemon faint what happens? because what if your travelling with a friend and you face a trainer who beats you then you get teleported back to the center and have to go back :P
Grafics Cat <3

'If a stranger offers you drugs, say thank you because drugs are expensive.' - a wise man

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: What happens if all your pokemon faint?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 10:33:57 PM »
I figure it will be the same as any MMO. You just get teleported back if no one else can revive your pokemon.

Offline TheSolx

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My dA page
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 10:34:57 PM »
There usually aren't that far between Pokemon Centers, so that wouldn't be a problem. Just walk back to your friend, or make him come meet you somewhere... I guess you will be teleported anyway...

I've only played a few games were you actually have a chance to get revived/ressurected in the place you fainted/died... those were MMORPGs like WoW... Though in DC Universe, nearby allies could revive you by kicking you in the face (pressing O (on PS3)) or something... not sure how it worked. MAYBE they could put some feature in that lets any nearby players help you out or something... But the best idea would be like the original games, like always... Or else it would f**k up logic to be honest

Offline Tristan

• Normal Trainer
  • If I was a pie, I'd be a good pie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 11:16:59 PM »
I agree, you just get teleported back to the nearest Pokemon Center. However, there *are* some alternatives. For one, perhaps a save point item could exist? It would allow you to respawn at whatever point you set it to. Possibly a donator item or a quest reward? Or perhaps some sort of healing ability that players could get to revive one another, but it'd be a skill and if they didn't have it at 100% than it obviously wouldn't be successful every time. Wouldn't have to be a super power like in most MMOs, could just be a med kit or something.

Offline TheSolx

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My dA page
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 11:29:30 PM »
Could be mashed up with the job system suggestion though...
Some jobs, like Rangers and Farmers, could have the ability to heal the fainted Pokemon with their Ranger Skills or a unique type of berry :D

Offline lildjremix

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 02:54:24 AM »
i agrre with bot "Tristan" nd "TheSolx" there  should  be a healer job of some sort like in dcuniverse you can choose what you want to be. i think healers could lead to people forming a travel team as on the tv show which could help improve gameplay
ii believe these words came from herman cain "i believe these words came from the Pokemon movie" see? even presidential candidates like it

Offline lubbies

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 09:27:01 AM »
Or like in Wow when you always have a healer to ressurect in a dungeon :-\
Grafics Cat <3

'If a stranger offers you drugs, say thank you because drugs are expensive.' - a wise man

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 09:51:47 AM »
 I would say, instead of a healer, do something like in D&D types of games where if you die you have the option to Respawn or Wait for Help. In our case, if all the Pokémon faint you would have an option to Respawn(basically teleport back to PC) or Wait for Help. If you choose to Wait for Help, then any Trainer that comes along can choose to Revive one of your Pokémon. Most likely players would always have a few of those on them - except for starters, but they don't need it as much - and it would be a common courtesy to give one Revive to a Trainer whose Pokémon fainted. Only one Pokémon would get Revived, so there is still a Penalty of losing or "death", but you can always use your own Revive in the end. So think of the scenario that your Pokémon feint, you should be unable to do anything on your own, other than go back to a PokémonCenter. But with outside help you could Revive one Pokémon, after which you regain control again.

If you chose to Wait for Help, and nobody comes or helps, there would be a time limit. If within that time limit you don't get help, you would get to choose again, whether you want to Respawn or Wait for Help. If you do not choose, the Default Respawn would be chosen for you.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 05:02:07 PM by genbor »
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 10:40:30 AM »
That would fit for me. Kinda like the PMD style of tag rescues where your team waits in a floor/base of a dungeon waiting to get rescued and in the meanwhile, the player being saved cannot do anything but wait. Though there's an option to stop waiting and choose to take the mission as a fail.

I do like the other idea of having a special item to set where to respawn. Maybe have it like a key item and you can choose only one point at a time and choosing another point will cause the previous point to be erased from the device/item (and of course, usable only outside battle).
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 10:58:25 AM »
That would fit for me. Kinda like the PMD style of tag rescues where your team waits in a floor/base of a dungeon waiting to get rescued and in the meanwhile, the player being saved cannot do anything but wait. Though there's an option to stop waiting and choose to take the mission as a fail.

I do like the other idea of having a special item to set where to respawn. Maybe have it like a key item and you can choose only one point at a time and choosing another point will cause the previous point to be erased from the device/item (and of course, usable only outside battle).

For that respawn point: I think it should be more like a first aid kit or the like only usable in one area and even in that area, have a previously determined place, sort of like a checkpoint. You go in the area, let's say cave for now. The cave is huge so you would want to have some assurance that if your Pokémon faint, you don't have to go all the way back again. So you reach somewhere around the cave's center where an empty Medical Station is sitting. It's not really a station, more like a little Stall. So once you reach it you can decide to leave a medical kit there. If you leave a medical kit, you will be able to respawn there if your Pokémon faint inside the cave. Once you leave the cave, the Respawn resets to default (closest PC) or until you reach another Medical Station/Stall and place a medical kit in there.

So maybe have a new item called Medical Kit, which would allow you to do that. This way it would be harder to exploit the Respawn Location. So now you could only access that point if you were inside the cave/dungeon type of area. If you would get a Respawn Location that you can set anywhere you want, many people would just set it at a place that's hard to reach but with good rewards for those who do reach it and would easily exploit it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 05:03:57 PM by genbor »

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 11:55:09 AM »
Hmm.. good rewards? I'm not sure what you mean by this, for the only 'good rewards' I see are from quests or items on the ground, which cannot be obtained again (unless the quest itself allows it, but that's already the purpose of the quest: to be able to give good rewards later on, anytime).

So, I would still be maintaining the 'you can place it anywhere'. Of course, now in some quests, to keep the level of difficulty, there will be exceptional areas where you won't be able to use it.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 12:58:21 PM »
  Just to be hypothetical: imagine a scenario where there is a cave where you can get zinc oxide, a component for making Pokéball. A Trainer could just "harvest" said component go back to town a sell that. To get back to the cave, that Trainer would have to go through all the hardships again, but he was smart and placed a Respawn Point there. So now he just goes to purposefully feint his Pokémon and suddenly he is back in the cave ready for some more zinc oxide.

That's what I meant. While it might not seem too bad right now, there might come something in the future that would allow this Respawn Point to be set anywhere they want. If not then I am just over-thinking things.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 03:21:48 PM »
Hmm... I don't know if that would work, as he'll need to go back through the cave again and through the hardship again and fainting there will bring him again deeper and he'd be trapped there forever if he's not prepared :P

And in that case, his pokemon should be weak enough to faint but strong enough to help him out. But since it's a 'precious' item, then the cave should be difficult (for experienced trainers) and as suchhe must bring strong pokemon with him. Something I always find difficult: make my strong pokemon faint after I got far enough.

Anyway, in any case, the device could be made unusable in that particular place.

Offline lubbies

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2012, 03:54:06 PM »
I think these anwsers are getting too long and confusing :o
Grafics Cat <3

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
  • Gents Dandy Cookies Association
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2012, 04:33:57 PM »
If people want to revive their Pokemon after a loss they should either have the item revive or pay 5000 Pokedollars for each Pokemon that faints after a battle
I love Turtles!
For I am the Turtle God!!!