* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Memories (zombies <3)  (Read 5796 times)

Offline Miserybiz

• Beginning Trainer
  • The first rule of flying... love
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
Memories (zombies <3)
« on: March 07, 2012, 04:00:57 AM »
(Zombies and what not contained within, based on dead island, a game i have yet to play.)

Post 1/ Prologue
SINKING FEELING
The morning dew settled in the hallway as the sun broke over the horizon. The steamy tropical fog invaded the hotel, soaking into the carpet and marring the fine, very expensive art that adorned the walls. The pitter-patter of bare feet on the wet carpet grew in volume as a young girl made her way down the hall, for a brief moment you could see her sillouett in the fog as she dashed past the broken window. A few moments later about half a dozen more shadowy figures followed in her foot steps, chasing her like an over zealous cliq of tween fan girls trying desperately to lay a hand on the celerity of the moment. Only they were eerily silent, no high pitched screams escaped from their lips, just a haggered and uneven breathing. As they passed by that window they looked more like a herd of animals then anything that had once been human. Perhaps its better not to think of them as human any more... The girl whom they are chasing so adamantly had found this out quite some time ago, though she would prefer not to remember that moment. Best to forget, It's the only way to get by... and at this particular moment there is a more pressing matter to attend to then recalling the troublesome past.

A hand closed on a metal picture frame that sat on the receptionists desk. A picture of happier times. A time when having your picture taken with a loved one actually meant something. The girl pulled back her arms and flung the picture forward into the ornate glass doors of the hotel lobby, shattering them instantly. More of the thick morning fog poured in as the girl ran out. Shards of glass cut into her feet, but the human body has an amazing threshold for pain when you are running for your life. She ran onward, through the pain. After all, she could see her goal. Glimmering faintly in the morning light, a deep blue bike leaned against a palm tree. She grabbed the handle bars as she ran by, picking up speed before jumping on it and peddling hard. More shadows appeared in the mist, hungry to join the chase. She peddled as fast as her little legs would let her and didn't let up until she couldn't hear them behind her any more. By now she was far out of the resort and into the thick woods that bordered it. She slowed to a casual pace, if you didn't know any better you may think she was just out for a casual ride around the island. The fog was so thick in the woods that she could see nothing but the outlines of trees that bordered the dirt road. Standing up on the peddles she strained her eyes to see the way ahead, focusing so intently on the road that she never saw it coming. It hit her hard, knocking her to the ground and off the bike. Its hands grabbed at her as she scrambled to her feet. She saw it pick itself up and give chase. The girl panicked and broke away from the road, into the woods. More of those things staggered out from behind trees. It seemed every few seconds one almost got a hand on her. Had she not been so fast on her feet she would have been dead a long time ago. The cuts on her feet were full of dirt now, the pain was almost unbearable but if she thought about it, even for a second she would pay dearly.

Suddenly the forest opened up to a cliff edge. Below the sea churned as waves smashed into the rocks. The girl shrugged off her backpack and jumped onto the railing that ran along the edge. It was the only way... but she made a mistake, that girl looked down. She couldn't do it. There was no way she could jump now, it was too high. Fear, that all too familiar emotion held her in place as she stood there stupidly, the sea breeze whipping her mess of blond hair hair to and fro. No, she couldn't jump. She would just turn around, find another way, keep running... One of the dead begged to differ though. It lept at her and both of them fell from the edge toward the churning sea below. She looked up as she fell. At the thing that had tackled her off the edge, She knew its face. It had been a waitress at the resort... it had sung happy birthday to her just four weeks ago... The girls thoughts were interrupted as she hit the turbulent ocean. The thing could not swim... and here is an interesting fact. Neither could she.

How do I know all this? Let's start from the beginning... My name is Nicole, Nicole Thames. Today is the day I died.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 04:09:07 AM by Miserybiz »
MY TEAM! Gotta love 'em.

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
Re: Memories (zombies <3)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 04:06:39 AM »
FIRST!!!!!!!! GIMME MY COOKIE! jk I like pie. Epic story Misery =w= Dead Island <3
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline Monzta

• CharlesedickNB
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Effectively.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 08:18:58 AM »
Thames? That's the name of a street unimaginably close to the place I live.

Offline Miserybiz

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 01:24:51 PM »
Tis also the name of a River.

Ferry Man

I sat by the pool side, my feet resting in the perfectly still water. Calming music came from the tiki bar behind me. Not many others were up yet. It was early but I enjoyed the time up here alone. I slipped into the pool and waded over to the far side. Glancing between the safety railing down a hill at the harbor bellow. I could hear the churning of the ferry engines as it pulled into dock. Off loading the latest batch of tourists. They laughed and smiled, parents took photos of their still sleepy children by the resort sign. Memories... The laughing was audible, even from my poolside perch on the hill above. I smiled, and then it all vanished.

Have you ever woken up behind the counter of a bar, with nothing but dirty rags for a pillow? I have, numerous times lately. I peeked over the counter outside, everything was perfectly still. This morning seemed just like any other. I stretched my aching limbs and walked past the pool, I wouldn't be swimming today. There was a dead body in there... Drowned by the looks of it. What a terrible way to go. Ignoring the body I walked to my usual place overlooking the harbor and that's when it dawned on me. I had just ignored a body, just walked past it as if it was nothing more then road kill on the street. What kind of world is this now? Not a world which I enjoy, that i can assure you of. I just wanted to get away but how. There was only one way on or off this island and that was the ferry... I looked at it longingly, it was still in harbor after all... but there was no way I would make it. When everything fell apart where do you think the entire island ran? The ferry. Where do you think they all died? The ferry... Perhaps forty of those things still wandered the docks, even if I did some how manage to get past them, I would still have to untie it, start it up and cast off before I got swarmed. Hell, that would never happen. I don't even know how to drive a boat.

Movement down below caught my eye, not the staggering movement of the dead but the hunched and quick movements of some one still alive. I watched as a man ran from a building towards the ferry. He made it, perhaps half way. I have to give him credit, he fought pretty damn hard but when you are literally buried under a pile of the living dead, its pretty much over. I watched as a boy ran out from the building, after his father. Luckily his mother ran out soon after and dragged him back in. The wailing boy attracted attention and dozens of the things appeared from every conceivable place. They poured out of buildings and from behind dumpsters like ants when you kick their mound. The mother grabbed her son and ran, three other kids ran out of the same building as well. Two of them followed the lady, one of them ran back inside and shut the door. Surely, all of them would be dead by nightfall. I couldn't watch. It was always sad to see people try for the ferry, whole groups had been slaughtered on that dock.

Turning away from the carnage below I returned to my tiki bar shack that now served as my hideaway and home. I picked up my backpack and slid my shoes onto my feet. I should probably sleep with these on, in case I have to wake up and just run some time... hopefully it wouldn't come to that. I'm terribly clumsy in the morning when I have just woken up. I stood up and bumped my head on a shelf, as if to reinforce this point. Cussing softly to myself I slid across the bar and looked at the massive resort complex below. I was hungry, and all the safe places had already been picked over. Only one place left to get food now. It was time for me to make an epic and highly risky journey to the kitchen. You think i'm joking? Well i'm not. Trust me, it would be a miracle if I make it back alive. Well, alive-alive. Not dead-alive. Though the latter is more likely...

In hind sight I may as well have tried for the ferry... but you cant change whats done.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 02:12:47 PM by Miserybiz »
MY TEAM! Gotta love 'em.

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 09:23:54 PM »
Keep up the good work, can't wait to see more.

Offline Miserybiz

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 04:03:45 AM »
Blood, pain and jello

I pressed my palm against the glass door and squeezed through, closing it as quietly as physically possible behind me. Directly in front of me was the main dining hall. Its doors stood wide open although a closed sign was in plain view. Was that a good thing or a bad thing? I walked in, blood stained the far wall, every single chair was over turned and there was a body face down in the middle of the room, a knife in its back. Bad thing... this was defiantly a bad thing. Looking around it was plain there was a struggle here, but no one was to be found. I pushed the body over with my foot. I didn't know this man, but judging by the fanny pack he was a tourist. Closer inspection found that it was stuffed with money. Mostly twenties... Idiot...

I left him there in a pool of dried blood to rest in peace with his cash. I had more important things to attend to. Mostly my growling stomach... it pushed me onward, through the carnage of the dining hall to the kitchen beyond... ah the kitchen, right now it was my personal promise land. What wonders awaited me within? Hopefully the refrigerators still worked. I would make myself a salad like no other. Yes, a salad. Don't judge. If you were in my position would you be craving meat of any sort? I think not. I stepped into the sterile kitchen. It was such a contrast to the dining hall, as if it hadn't been touched though out this entire thing... strange. My eyes wandered from one corner to the other, over vast collection of stainless steel containers until they at-last settled on the gleaming silver refrigerators at the far end. My god... what was that? A small green light was flashing on the front of them. They were still working! HALLELUJAH! I crossed the fairly sizable kitchen in the blink of an eye and threw the refrigerator doors open. Of course, my life sucks right now so the fact that a frozen body fell out was only to be expected... Why did it surprise me? Because it was a body... in the fridge. Who hides in a fridge and dies in there? I kicked the dead chef in the face. Dumb ass probably ruined all of my food.

I don't know, I was hungry despite what had just happened. Can't risk eating that stuff though, that refrigerator smelled like dead guy. I turned my attention to the one next to it, of course, this one had nothing but deserts, empty carbs. Just my luck.
So that is how it went, I spent two hours, picking nuts out of pecan ice cream, trying to get as much nourishment as possible. It was a lot of work, finally I just started eating Oreo crumbs... the breakfast of champions. Now, I regret to inform you that this is the most pleasant experience that I will have for the rest of my life. Meh. It is what it is. I enjoyed my oreos and ice cream.

Now you are probably thinking. Nicole, why do you bore us with such talk. Its pointless... I eat ice cream every day, whats the big deal?
Well, I only mention any of this because it is the beginning of the end. Fast forward an hour.

I sat in the dining hall, eating jello out of a tub with my bare hands. Not every one knows the exact moment when they doomed themselves to die, but for me. It was right now. A noise caught my attention, I got up, jello still in hand, and peaked out the door. Five or six the things were wandering down the hall towards me. What the hell, why had I not seen them when I came in... this is crap. Speaking of crap, the jello tub slipped from my hand and clattered onto the floor. Those things were running at me before I even realized that i was a world class retard. So I ran as well. I reached the door before them and pushed the handle... but guess what. My hands, still coated in jello slipped right off. It took me three tries to get that damn door open and by the time I did one of them was on me. It hit me hard, both of us tumbled out the door. It had me by the legs. I kicked at it, hoping to scramble away at the last second movie style...

But alas, this is real life. One of my kicks placed my leg right into its mouth, I knocked a few teeth out, but those it had left sunk into my skin. Right though my jeans. The pain or the fear, perhaps both... I don't know but something gave me the power to wrench my leg free of its grip and get to my feet. I ran, ran faster then is humanly possible I like to think. I mean, yeah I had been bitten. But who says that is a death sentence? I had never been a fan of zombie movies any way. I ran back to my pool side hut at the top of the hill and broke into the supply closet. Almost breaking my shoulder as I rammed the door down. Inside were towels, chlorine tablets and bleach... I grabbed a container of laundry bleach and poured it onto the bite, a full container of bleach, right into an open wound. I screamed in pain, so loud. Loud enough to wake the dead you could say. Surely they had heard that. The pain was so intense, I hardly had time to push a shelf over to block the door shut before I passed out.

Not sure how long I was out, a day maybe two. When i woke up the first time it was dark and I just fell back asleep... why bother being awake at all?

I had a very vivid dream that night... I dreamed of murdering who ever had invented jello.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 04:15:24 AM by Miserybiz »
MY TEAM! Gotta love 'em.

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 05:15:49 AM »
When I read the bite part I was like: "Ok, it's a good thing she died, that means I don't have to kill her myself." But bleach always seems to work...

Offline Miserybiz

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 02:16:47 PM »
What ever floats your boat yo.

Gnarly

When I finally did manage to get up my leg was killing me. Literally? I didn't bother to even look at it, instead I just wrapped a towel tight around it and made my way out side. The sun was high in the sky, the dead had been here while I was asleep, two more had fallen into the pool and drowned. I must have been out a long time though because they had wandered off. I don't think I could run with my leg like this.  Not sure what else to do I hobbled my way over to the pools life guard tower and climbed up. Looking around there wasn't much to see, but I stayed up there any way for a few hours. Long enough to see the ferry pull out of harbor... what. What the hell!

It honked its fog horn as it left, giving what was perhaps the worlds loudest middle finger to all the other survivors on the island. I was so focused on watching that thing float away that I didn't even notice the guy. He walked up next to the foot of the tower and just stood there. We both sat in silence for a while watching it go. "Bogus..." Is all he said. He was right, that was lame. You know, now that I think about it, my loud ass scream probably attracted the dock ones up here and let some one get to the ferry. It's hard you know, watching your only hope for survival floating away. That unnamed stranger and I drowned our sorrows in fruity alcoholic beverages from behind the tiki bar for a period of time. It was fine, just sitting there with some one else. Drinking and not really talking... what so ever. It's to bad the first words out of his mouth were.

"Whats that on your leg?"
My leg? I looked at it. Aw damn. Time to play dumb, maybe he was drunk. "A towel." I awnsered.
"And what's under the towel."
"Yeah I don't know. Its a mystery."
He bent down to look at it. "Your bleeding."
"Am not!"
"Then why is it all red and sticky?"
I blinked a few times as the man pulled a knife out of his waist band.
"Would you believe it was... strawberry milkshake?"
"No. Your bitten" He grabbed the towel and pulled it off my leg. Exposing my wound. "that's a bite mark."
"Oh you get the prize man, I didn't even notice that."

Its too bad he was having none of my crap. He leveled the knife at my chest. Said some stuff about killing me now, less problems later. We argued for a bit until he finally pulled back the knife and was about to plunge it into me. 'Wait wait wait!' I yelled something like that. Not sure of my exact words, may have been profanity but what ever. Point is he stopped, but only because I agreed to kill myself for him. I held out my hand, let me do it I said. Don't want to be murdered. What can I say, I must be a great liar because he handed me the knife. Tough luck pal. Now i have the knife and you sir are SOL. Any who, a few seconds later he realized what he had done and ran away. Just left me there all by my lonesome. I looked at my leg, I will spare you the details, but it was pretty gnarly. In a bad way. I tied a fresh towel around it and looked at the surroundings. I could think of literally nothing to do. All I wanted right now, more then anything was to lay down in a bed and just stay there.

Forever.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 02:24:05 PM by Miserybiz »
MY TEAM! Gotta love 'em.

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 05:43:09 AM »
Ooh~ This is interesting! Keep it up!
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
Well, next time you see ol' Firecrotch, make sure you give him a bad batch- Nagi Kengamine
--
No matter how girly I act, I am a man, and I would like to be seen as one. You are forgiven for accidents, but not ignorance. You can skype me at angelofcorpses if you have any questions, as I am on hiatus

Offline lubbies

• Normal Trainer
  • why is a torchic in water?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 02:24:30 PM »
I've got the game and this... Is so much more kwl, l like it cuz its not all fairy tale happiness.
Grafics Cat <3

'If a stranger offers you drugs, say thank you because drugs are expensive.' - a wise man

Offline Miserybiz

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 02:45:16 PM »
One More Time

I woke up once more, laying in a bed. My face planted on a large decorative pillow. I had been there for lord knows how long, but it was hurting my neck. I pushed the decorative pillow out of the way to get to the soft pillows below. I was so comfortable, I may never get up again. That sounds like a good plan. I just lay in that bed, looking at my reflection in the wall sized mirror that covered one wall of the guest rooms in the resort. I was such a mess, dried blood all over, dirt on my face. I looked so pale and I was pretty sure some of my fine black hair was starting to fall out. Sad, every one always loved my hair. I curled up into the fetal position with a sign. Brushing up against the wound on my leg by accident. A sharp pain shot through my body and I straightened out as if I had been shocked. I swear every single joint in my body must have popped. It felt good but the leg hurt so bad, I couldn't just ignore it any more.

Lifting up the covers, I peeled back the blood soaked towel and looked at it. The skin around the wound was starting to rot by the looks of it, black lines went about up to my knee. I could see them growing and spreading, or was that my feverish imagination? The bleach hadn't worked... or maybe it had and I was now dying from bleach poisoning... is that even a thing? Probably is with my luck. I held the covers over my head and had a soft cry as I resigned myself to die. When I finally lowered the blanket I saw a girl standing in the doorway, clearly I hadn't bothered to shut it when I came in here to sleep. She was  younger then I, her long blond hair was a mess and her freckled face was so sun burnt... we locked eyes for a few moments before she ran off, never saying a word. I looked at my leg again. Regardless of what I died from, I couldn't die here. What if I turned into one of them, what if I killed some one.

If you kill some one after your dead is it still murder? This was indeed a meta meta moment. I swung my legs over and climbed out of bed one more time. I took nothing but a blanket with me, wrapped over my shoulders. I glanced at every single mirror as I made my way out of the resort's guest housing. I probably looked already dead, my eyes sunk back so far into my pale face. When I reached the door the knee on my bad leg gave way and I stumbled. Knocking over a picture on the receptionists desk. I don't know why but I picked it up and placed it back where it had been. Pulling myself forward I wandered away from the building, past a shiny blue bike. I wanted to take it, to make walking easier but I couldn't get my leg over it. So I left it where it was as well and walked, perhaps fate was being kind to me for once because I didn't run into a single one of those things as I made my way out of the resort and into the woods beyond. I walked until my leg collapsed again, then dragged myself to the nearest tree. Leaning against it I closed my eyes. Tried to sleep but i'm not sure if I actually did. My brain was so cloudy, I don't remember any of my thoughts from that point forward. I just couldn't think. All I remember was sitting there, for what seemed like an eternity as storm clouds rolled in above me. Rain started to pour down. I don't know if or when I died. I was in a strange in between. For the longest time there was simply... nothing.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 02:49:45 PM by Miserybiz »
MY TEAM! Gotta love 'em.

Offline Miserybiz

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 09:07:14 PM »
Rip Tide

I sat there, leaning against the tree. My eyes wide open, staring aimlessly into the distance. I hadn't blinked in hours, the morning fog was settling on my eyes. Like drops on a camera lens. My breathing was ragged and my mind was empty. I'm not even sure if I could call it mine any more. Try as I might I couldn't get up and move. I just sat there, staring at nothing. I saw the sun peak through the the trees and begin to rise. Hours passed, time drifted by without me even taking notice. It was as if I was stuck in limbo... some sort of misty purgatory. Surely this was hell, being trapped in your own body. The part of me still left, the part of me still human was shrinking. I was awake, still technically alive but the moments when I was aware of my surroundings became shorter, and further apart as sickness clouded my brain. It was like the morning fog its self was seeping into my head.

Perhaps this was hell after all, it looked like the forest... but I was alone in hell. The only thing that proved me wrong, the only thing that told me this was real life. Well the only thing that seemed real at all was the steady clinking of a bike chain. My body lurched forward and picked its self up. Walking towards the road, a shadow appeared in front of me. A girl on her bike. I began to pick up speed, running full out until at-last my body tackled her. I'm not sure what happened directly after that. All I know is that I got very hungry. What ever was in charge of my being now shoved the part of me that was still human back, into a dark and lonely corner of my mind. Everything was black, interrupted by flashes of what was going on in the world outside. I caught glimpses of the girl running through the trees. Of her standing on a railing and of both her and myself falling downward towards the ocean below.

We hit the water hard, perhaps the chill of it shocked me back into full awareness. I could see the girl struggling to get free of my grasp. My hand closed around her ankle and dragged her down. She kicked and flailed. I hadn't stopped breathing when I hit the water, my body was still out of my control as it drew the salt water into its own lungs, asphyxiating its self. Suddenly my hand let go of her ankle, allowing the girl to swim back up to the surface. I continued to float downwards, watching her flail about and eventually climb onto a rocky out cropping at the base of the cliff. She was safe for the time being.. she lived to die another day.

Still, I drifted downward, the oceans tides pulling me down and out into the vast blackness of the sea. I like to think that part of me let that girl go, that I still had humanity enough to fight back the sickness, just for that brief moment and allow her to escape, or maybe it was the lack of oxygen that loosened my grip. Does it really matter? No.

No it doesn't... Do you remember, back when I found the man drowned in the pool? I thought that was a terrible way to go. I was wrong. Compared to the alternative, to living trapped in your own body. This was blissful. This was mercy. The last bit of life left my body as I came to rest on the ocean floor. Blackness set in. It was over, it was...

The end
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 09:12:04 PM by Miserybiz »
MY TEAM! Gotta love 'em.

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2012, 10:22:33 PM »
*claps*Bravo! Very good!