* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [RP] The Outcasts |Time: Early Morning|Weather: Clear  (Read 43575 times)

Offline WhistfulSoul

• Beginning Trainer
  • Had an older account, forgot what it was. Oops.
    • View Profile
Re: [RP] The Outcasts |Time: Twilight|Weather: Clear
« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2013, 07:28:47 PM »
Soul

Soul could hear Luke coming up behind him. He slowed down as to let him catch up for a quick talk.

Once we get there you've gotta tell us where to go quick. Whether it be a road or through some woods, whatever. And once we're in the clear, probably past this warehouse, we've gotta set Adam straight.

Soul sped up once again, not wanting to keep Adam alone for too long. He knew that Adam was a capable fighter, but he was lousy and arrogant as far as he knew, and that was dangerous in their current situation.

Soul ran up behind Adam not half a minute after he saw him stop, and he looked to be deciding what to do next, as if he knew. Luke's almost here, stay low, make sure nobody's around. We'll get going again in a second.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 07:32:26 PM by Soul358 »
[SIGNATURE]

I actually have all the badges from each region, because, y'know, badges.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2013, 06:05:43 AM »
Luke

Luke arrived in the town shortly after Soul, who was standing next to Adam.

Ok, first thing's first. We need to find cover.

He looked around the old town, eerie in the darkness. It was difficult to see here, but he could tell that these buildings were in terrible condition, and were not that safe to hide in. He then saw a group of lights up the road, piercing the vast blackness. He pointed to a nearby building that looked several stories high.

Alright, let's go in there. Hurry!

He sped towards the building, hoping the others would follow.

Leon and Celine

Shh, wait, Leon, you hear that?

By now things were fairly quiet, as they had both calmed down, and Celine had used the contents of the first aid kit to heal her ankle. It was currently wrapped, and was therefore slightly limited, but thanks to the advanced medicine in the kit, it no longer hurt. In fact, in should be fully healed soon.

Leon listened intently. There were voices coming from not far down the river. Leon grabbed the hilt of his hammer tightly.

Crap. Get down, they're soldiers. We can't run, they'll hear or see us. Plus, you're still slightly injured. We'll just have to hope for the best.

He drew his hammer from his belt, ready for anything, as Celine drew her boomerang from her bag that sat beside her.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline WhistfulSoul

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2013, 09:22:37 AM »
Soul

Luke comes up behind Soul, and tells them of the next step.

Ok, first thing's first. We need to find cover.

A group of lights appeared up the road, piercing the vast blackness. Luke pointed to a nearby building that looked several stories high. Soul assumed that he meant to hide there, and such was confirmed.

Alright, let's go in there. Hurry!

Luke took off towards the building, and Soul took off behind him, after tapping Adam around his shoulder blade.
[SIGNATURE]

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
  • I am the last of my kind and im loving it
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2013, 05:32:09 AM »
Adam

Hearing Soul's words Adam decides to wait for Luke to show up. When he does he tells everyone to take cover as everyone noticed the coming lights from up the road. Soul tapped Adam's shoulder pointing where to go. Adam stood still and began to weigh his options.

Go into an abandoned building that could collapse at any minute or run the risk of being captured by Sanctum again.

Adam shrugs his shoulders
I got nothin better to do.

He began to run to catch up with Soul.

So much for me stayin in the front
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2013, 01:06:42 PM »
Sone and Nexalas

As they quickly walked through the foliage across the river, they heard voices a little bit ahead of them. As Sone heard this, he put his hand on the hilt of his blade, prepared for the worst. They noticed some lights moving around on the edge of the river and stopped, hiding in the shadows of their lights. Luckily they seemed incompetent from what they are talking about.

We've been searching this part of the area for hours and no sign of them, let's try moving down the river some more.

Our superiors will likely kill us if they found out we've been slacking, let's give this area another sweep.

Sone was about to move in for the kill, but then noticed they didn't actually go into the foliage, instead they shined their lights around the area, looking for movement. After a few minutes of searching they went down the river where they came from. Then after waiting for a few seconds Sone and Nexalas began moving again up the river again, getting closer to the warehouse.
. . .

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 20, 2013, 06:18:00 AM »
Luke

Upon entering the building, Luke felt immediately blind. It was pitch black, and he couldn't see a thing. Maybe they could just wait until the squad of soldiers passed. Then again, this building could hold abandoned, useful supplies, but it also could not. Regardless, without a light source, they would not be able to search the building.

Leon and Celine

Leon let out his held breath. The soldiers had walked past he and Celine without taking notice. The only problem was that the group of what he estimated to be about three soldiers were still close by, and there was no way that he and Celine could make it through as long as the soldiers were still there. Leon motioned for Celine to stay down as he got up into a crouching position. Quietly placing his hammer back on his belt, Leon crept forward extremely carefully, cautious not to make a single sound. As he expected, there were three soldiers, with two traveling in front of the other. Leon quickly, but still quietly, reached forward, putting the soldier in the back in a choke hold of sorts. The soldier thrashed and struggled, but Leon held a firm grip as the soldier suffocated. Eventually, the soldier went limp, and Leon placed the dead body on the ground as silently as possible. He then motioned for Celine to get up, just as he had, and pointed at one of the two remaining soldiers, indicating that she was to get him by surprise and take him down. He could tell that she was nervous, and even heard her breathing. He wanted to help calm her down, but there was no way that he could possibly do that without making a sound, so he just hoped for the best. Right before going in for the kill, Leon stopped in his tracks as the soldier in front of him talked.

Hey, Jimmy, are y-

He turned around and stopped short, seeing Leon and Celine.

That's them, get 'em!

The soldier pulled his gun on Leon, who was forced to pull his attention away from his girlfriend. Before the soldier had a chance to fire the gun, Leon grabbed it with his left hand, throwing it to the side as he drew his hammer with his right hand. He suddenly heard Celine begin to scream, which was cut short by a splash. Alarmed, Leon thrust the hammer into the side of the soldier, who grunted heavily as his ribs cracked. Leon left the soldier as he fell to the ground, running over in a slight state of horror, yet remaining calm, as he saw the other soldier trying to drown Celine in the river. He swung his hammer into the side of the soldiers head, and there was a resounding "Crack!" as the armored fighter fell into the stream. Leon quickly grabbed on to Celine's flailing hand and yanked her out, before turning to the soldier in the river. Dropping his hammer down beside him, Leon grabbed the soldier's head with both hands and firmly shoved it underwater until the soldier drowned. Picking up his hammer and turning to the soldier he left on the ground, Leon ended his life with a swift blow to the head. He then walked over to the first soldier he had killed, bending down to the still intact armor. Pressing on the soldier's helmet in the spot that he knew would activate the headset of many other soldiers, he spoke, anger clearly echoing through his voice.

Listen here, soldiers of Sanctum. You lay another hand on my girlfriend, or the rest of my squad, for the matter, and I will personally hunt down and kill every last one of you.

He grabbed Celine's bag, and then quickly made his way back to his girlfriend, who was bent over on the ground, still gasping for air. He tried to keep his voice as calm as possible.

Listen to me, Celine. I know this is difficult, but look, we have got to move if we want to live.

Celine attempted to nod as she slowly stood, taking her bag from Leon and picking up her boomerang off the ground. Returning the boomerang to the sheath on her bag, she attempted to respond.

Yeah...ok...let's...let's go.

Leon picked up one of the soldier's assault rifles, also pulling a clip off of his body. It could certainly come in handy.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 06:36:28 AM by Fenror »
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline WhistfulSoul

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 20, 2013, 06:53:26 AM »
Soul

Soul crept into the building behind Luke, hoping the soldiers hadn't heard the three. It was pitch black in there, the kind where you feel like there's always something behind you, watching. While the soldiers were still walking by, he could hear one of their comms device spout a few sentences.

Listen here, soldiers of Sanctum. You lay another hand on my girlfriend, or the rest of my squad, for the matter, and I will personally hunt down and kill every last one of you.

Soul felt his way to the wall closest to the group of men, and pressed his ear to it to see if there was anything else. Two of the guards were talking among themselves.

... happened, the commander heard it too. He'll send more guys out, likely with some wolves too. We'll get these pests.

If we don't, what'll you think he'll do?

Just keep searching and shut...

Soul pulled away from the wall again. That sounded like Leon at first. what could've happened? He turned away from the wall, still blind. He whispered to Luke, Go for a wall and feel around for a light switch. Sometimes cities are still supplied power for emergencies. Soul began to feel around himself, despite the risk the light would cause.

After a few moments of searching, Soul could feel his fingers gathering static electricity, despite his gloves. He took his hands and rubbed them together, hoping for magic. What he got was literal magic: in the palm of his hand was a small charge of electricity, no bigger than a clip of ammo. It provided a dim, blue light that illuminated the entire room, but only enough for basic sight. He tried to send the electricity outwards, and could feel his father's marble heat up through his bracelet, but nothing more.

Still whispering, Soul says, Hey Luke, scratch the lights, I've got it covered. Human light bulb. Look for some kind of storage cabinet, feel around for supplies. I'm going to find a bathroom and maybe get some medical aid. He waits a few seconds for Luke, then locates a hall and looks for a bathroom.

Luckily, there was one, but with only minimal supplies. Soul locates a half empty bottle of rubbing alcohol and a bit of gauze, and puts both in his bag. While exiting, Soul sees a flash out of the corner of his eye. It came from the trashcan, where an empty bottle reflected the light from his electricity. He picks it up, thinking it could be good for a distraction if they need one. He then returns to Luke.

Got anything good? I can sit here if you need to search longer.
[SIGNATURE]

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 21, 2013, 11:35:05 PM »
  Adam

Adam soon lost sight of Soul he was running to fast for Adam to catch up.

Man I can't believe I lost those guys. They gotta be somewhere around here.

The empty darkened city began to get to Adam and sensation of loneliness began to loom over him. Flashes of his old city came to him. He saw dead bodies surrounding him, buildings were a flame. Adam fell against a nearby wall covering his ears, shaking his head trying to comeback to reality. Suddenly Adam was brought back to his sences hearing the voices of soldiers approaching and saw a blue light illuminating from a near building. Rushing over to it sword ready he saw Soul and Luke rummaging through the buildings supplies.

Oh, it's only you guys.

Adam immediately calmed down back into his usual tone of voice.

Hey guys think we can get going, I'd rather not stay in this city too long. Brings up nad memories, you know.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 12:48:36 AM by Humen »
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 22, 2013, 05:05:17 AM »
Luke

Upon searching the building, Luke discovered that it was, at one time, a house. They were likely around halfway into the UCE, if that, and so once Sanctum had captured the UCE, they probably just left the city here to rot, migrating its citizens to a location where they could be put to work. It was sad, disgusting even, how Sanctum treated these people. Just as bad, these people are all far from liberation, as the Renegade doesn't even have enough forces or power for a true, full war.

As he continued to search around the house, Luke found a picture of the family that had lived there. It was of a mother, a father, and a young son. A lump in his throat formed as memories of his childhood and early days in the Renegade Army began to surface. He tried to push them away as he set the old, faded picture down, not wanting to be in the house anymore. He quickly walked over to Soul and Adam.

Let's get out of here. Those soldiers should be gone. Just remain fairly quiet.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline WhistfulSoul

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 23, 2013, 06:25:27 PM »
Soul

Adam entered the building, seeming a little panicked.

Hey guys, think we can get going, I'd rather not stay in this city too long. Brings up bad memories, you know.

Luke then walks over to join the two.

Let's get out of here. Those soldiers should be gone. Just remain fairly quiet.

Soul tries to dissipate the electricity that he had been holding in his hand. At first, it tries to get larger, but Soul stops his efforts. Then he tries to imagine it fading, and something surprising happens. It sinks into his hand, giving him a jolt, and a feeling of life. It runs up his arm, and he can feel his torso heat up for a moment.

Running on a whim, Soul tries to summon another small bit of electricity, and to his surprise, it forms quicker than the first one. He then holds his open palm to the middle of the room, and the bit of electricity floats towards the ceiling, and suspends itself in midair. Soul then closes his hand into a fist, and the electricity dissipates.

Soul turns towards the others. Well. I guess I can manipulate electricity. I can use the light as a distraction if need be. This could be good. Soul then looks at his bracelet, and thinks of his father. Did he know that I...?
[SIGNATURE]

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 24, 2013, 04:24:38 AM »
John and Mike

Extra: Soldiers

John and Mike have been sneaking across the city crossing from building to building avoiding the patrolling Sanctum soldiers.

Man how big can one city be we should've already reached the edge of it by now.

We've had to keep taking detours but we shouldn't be that far off. Now shush!

Looking back and forth Mike watched for any soldiers. Crossing the empty road he signaled John to follow.

John casually following behind Mike.
  I'm just sick off all this walking.

Suddenly a light flashes on John. A soldier from around the corner had spotted John. The soldier reached for his and turned his head yelling.

Hey guys I found them there over here

John took his wristbow and quickly fired at the soldier. The small arrow hit the soldier in his abdomen but his body armor easily repelled the bolt but it did startle the soldier.  John began to run and caught up with Mike quickly grabbing his arm pulling him along.

Hey wait a sec. Why are you pulling on me.

I made a mistake a big mistake. Come on we got to keep going.

The rest of the soldiers had caught up with the first and began to give orders they went that way  you come with me the rest of you go around and cut them off.

The soldiers followed order and began to run ahead. The 2 soldiers chasing Mike and John had already begun to catch up.

I guess that whole ordeal back in those cells is starting to show.

Then out of nowhere 3 more showed up from another road. The two turned down the closest road but it lead to a dead end.  They were surrounded on all sides by fallen buildings and rubble. Then the 5 soldiers showed up behind them with their guns already out.

Open fire!

The soldiers began to fire at the pair. John and Mike quickly ran inside a whole in the wall behind them. Then an onslaught of bullets began to shred through the walls. Each shot only inches away from hitting the two. Adam tried to use his wristbow to fire back butt the shots had either missed or had been repelled off the armor the soldiers were wearing. A lucky shot had hit one of the soldiers in his helmet piercing through it hitting him in the eye. It had slowed down the number of bullets being fired but still made little difference. Then a fire could he heard followed by what sounded like falling water. John couldn't tell were the sound had come from till he had looked over at Mike. One of the bullets had pierced through his shoulder and he had fallen over holding the wound.  John reached out to him but as more bullets began to shoot forward he held himself back. John began to grind his teeth thinking to himself.

Crap! This is bad I need to do something but what. My arrows can't even hurt these guys. I need something, I need power. If only the others were here this be a lot easier to handle.

The leader of the soldiers began to give more orders.
  Cease fire! Move in, let’s get those carcasses and then report to commander.
Turning to the soldier John hit in the eye.
  You stay back we'll get you some help right after this.

Four of the soldiers began to slowly approach a worried John and a wounded Mike.

I've got to do something, anything! Why can't I help those I care for.

John tried to clinch his fist in anger but he found himself unable. He felt something cool flowing in his hands thinking he might have been hit by one of the bullets. When he looked down at his palm there wasn't blood but some kind of ball or orbs to be exact, it was a little bigger than his palm but it felt weightless like air. John grabbed the orb with his fist and began to think once more.

With this I might be able to do something but what does this do.

He gripped harder on the orb and a sharp pain began to rise from his palm. The orb started to spin, at first it was slow but it began to pick up speed. John began to scream from the pain of the orb grinding on his palm. The soldiers stopped for a second wondering what could have made him scream like that. Although more cautious the soldiers continued to move forward. When John looked back in his palm the orb had gotten much smaller. It was like the size of a bullet. John began to lose faith at the sight of this not sure what to do again. He decided to take the chance. John rose from behind the wall and faced the soldiers. The captain who was a head of the group but a few meters away from John took the pistol from off his side aiming at John. John held his own hand up as if it were a gun with the orb hanging just off his index finger.

Hey, what do you think you’re doing! What is that in your hands?!

I don't really know. But I guess were both going to find out.

Things had fallen silent and John had broken the silence with one word

Bang.

The bullet sized orb had released itself from John's fingers with those words. In reaction the captain of the soldiers fired his pistol. The force from the orb had knocked John over causing the bullet to just graze the side of his head. The orb had hit the captain dead in his chest, on contact with his armor the orb burst releasing a tremendous amount of force, blowing up a large degree of dust and rubble. It had shattered the armor of the captain killing him in an instant and it had blown away the other three soldiers knocking them against the wall. The force from the orb and the impact of the soldiers caused the walls to fall apart on top the other three crushing them. John slowly picked himself up and then rushed over to Mike.

Hey Mike, Mike!  Come on get up we can't stay here.

Hey in my bag, get the medkit and bring it here.

John did as requested and got the kit. Mike took a needle with a  special serum that could  help cell regeneration and stuck it in his shoulder. Then he took some bandages and wrapped them around his shoulder. John helped pick Mike up.

Ok let’s go.

Going back to the main road the moon began to shine brightly on them once more. The soldier who John shot in the eye could be seen when the exited. He backed away quickly then reached for his communicator.

Hello to anyone listening we require immediate assistance.  Our coordinates are-

But he had stopped something had pierced his helmet. Following the angle it was Mike shadow.

Guess I can still be of some use.

Mike gripped on his injury still not healed and the two began to head towards the exit.

Adam

Adam looked out the building ready to leave, he turned back to the group.

Soul I don't think we’re going to need your light for a distraction.

The squad of soldiers from before turned back after hearing the one of their allies cry for help. As they did Adam crept out of the building they were taking refuge in awaiting the others to follow.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 05:01:29 AM by Humen »

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 24, 2013, 04:27:29 PM »
Sone and Nexalas

As Sone and Nexalas quickly ran through the foliage, Sone noticed something and slowed down. Nexalas was confused at first, but then slowed down as well, scanning the area.

We have company.

Just then, two wolf-like creatures jumped at them, one on the left and one on the right. Sone quickly unsheathed his blade and blocked and Nexalas quickly spun his Scythe upwards, blocking the wolf with the dull part of it's blade as the wolf ripped off the cloth that was hiding it.

Well, that happened. Let's kill them quickly, they tend to heal fast.

They wont get to once I'm finished with them.

With that, they both jumped at the wolves, Nexalas doing a spin attack while Sone stabbed at the other dog towards it's head. Nexalas slashed down at the dog, stabbing into it's back as it yelps in pain, but the spines on it's back protected it from any major damage, then the wolf shook it off and jumped at Nexalas, however he was prepared and blocked with the staff part of his scythe. Sone missed the dog as it moved to the right to bite at him, but Sone quickly countered it by slashing it's jaw and ultimately cutting the lower jaw clean off. It hacked some strange colored blood as Sone kicked it away, the wolf landing on it's side as Sone charged at it.
. . .

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 26, 2013, 10:00:48 PM »
Luke

Luke shook his head.

He's going to get us killed. This far too dangerous. Those soldiers are more alert now than ever.

He drew his sword from his belt as one of the soldiers turned toward Adam. The soldier turned to the other four in his squad.

Hey, there they are!

Luke cursed under his breath. he was out of mana, Soul had just discovered his, and Adam, was well, not the most reliable.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline WhistfulSoul

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 26, 2013, 11:30:17 PM »
Soul

As Adam begins to walk around the corner of the house, Soul can hear the nearby soldiers spot the trio. Luke shakes his head, (apparently in disapproval).

Hey, there they are!

He's going to get us killed. This far too dangerous. Those soldiers are more alert now than ever.

Soul can hear the group of soldiers footsteps nearing, and decides on something a little risky, but may just save their group. He turns to Luke, deciding to take the lead for a second.

I'm going to distract and disorient them. When I do, you run, not directly to this warehouse, somewhere close in case we're followed. Make sure Mr. High-on-Life follows.

Soul pulls out his sword and shield, getting ready for his plan. Can't say I'm not resourceful. Just hope this works.

Soul dashes around the corner, past Adam, and while holding his shield up charges the soldiers. The soldiers pull out handguns, aiming them at him. One of them fumbles with his holster, obviously surprised.

Hey, you! Submit quietly and quickly!

Soul, not being one for orders at the moment, dashes right up to the soldiers, and bashes the one in front with his shield, instantly crumpling to the ground. One of them shoots at him, but misses, and Soul can hear one whisper that they were wanted alive. Soul turns to the other four, and spears his sword right through the closest ones waist, drenching Soul in blood.

Focusing on three things, (his magic, an instance of spreading, and his marble), Soul pulls off his disorienting strike. With his sword still through the soldier, Soul releases a bolt of lightning that jumps to each of the soldiers, stunning them and overloading their electronic communication systems. Soul removes his sword, and begins to run in the general location of the warehouse.

I know Luke's my superior, but I hope he listened when I said run.
[SIGNATURE]

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 27, 2013, 04:07:26 AM »
Adam
The soldiers had seen Adam lurking outside the building.  They had taken their guns preparing to shoot Adam then suddenly Soul rushes from behind toward the soldiers and in a impressive display using his magic takes them all down. Then Soul turns back and starts running off to the north.

Hey were is he going of too.

Adam walks up to the fallen soldiers and nudges one of them in the side with his foot. The soldier begins to groan after being kicked, this surprised Adam a bit.

Huh guess you can't get them all. Alright guess I'll take care of this straggler.

Adam raises his sword over the opposite shoulder he's holding it in. Then Adam sees something out the corner of his eye. One of the soldiers, with a fractured helmet, began to pick himself up while feeling on his head.

What the another one of them is still kicking.

Adam takes his sword and brings it down but adam turns on his heel and throws his sword at the rising soldier. The sword hits him in the side knocking him over. Adam walks over to the soldier to retrieve the sword but then the sword begins to form cracks and starts to fall apart until iit ultimately turns to dust.

Well I guess it wasn't gonna last forever. And wether this guy made it or not he probably gonna bleed out. I should probably get going since I don't have another sword.

No one else was around and although Adam wasn't to surprised he started to run catch up with his team.