* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: The Isles of Sungivai  (Read 6059 times)

Offline Saleboi0708

• Beginning Trainer
  • Ghost Pokemon Trainer/breeder
    • View Profile
The Isles of Sungivai
« on: March 12, 2010, 03:20:15 PM »
I've been working on the story for my new isles idea that i'd like to see added to PU, I'm a great storyteller and i love to create great story's, so I'm hoping in the future my work here is useful to the PU team. I am also prepared to have a drawn out map of Sungivai so that the PU team have a better understanding of the look and Structure of the isles. Before i start the story, here's the link to another one of my story's called "Legendary Story Of The First Ghost Pokemon" which is one of the legend's told on Vaitaku island in Sungivai isles, so it does have relation to the story you are about to read here.

Legend Of The First Ghost Pokemon Link http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,585.0.html

Alright hope you enjoy the story/biography of The Isles of Sungivai

The Isles of Sungivai also nicknamed “Ghost Isles” is located in the south pacific within the Miryus region. There are a total of 8 islands with only 1 of the 8 being inhabited by humans. That island is called Vaitaku, and the natives that live there are called Vaitakuians. Out of the 8 lslands of the Isles of Sungivai, Vaitaku is the largest and most lively of the rest.

The traditional “vaitakuian way” remains a strong force in vaitakuian life and the natural energy of the island, Vaitaku maintains its historical customs, While many if not all of the other isles in the Miryus region have built citys and advanced technology on their islands, Vaitaku has not. You will not find pokemon Centers or Pokemarts on the island ether, for centuries the Vaitakuians have used other methods of healing there pokemon called “spiritual healing” which only spirit doctors on the island can perform, threw the use of “Manna” which the people of the island describe as being a form of supernatural energy in Vaitakuian religion that inheres in all things.

For your trainer needs such as purchasable items or pokeballs you would have to talk to the village’s master navigator/trader who journeys all the regions collecting many items all over the world. Vaitaku also has it’s own gym, located on the highest mountain on the island and in the Miryus region called Mount. Destiny. Let it be known that the Vaitaku gym is not an official gym or is in anyway connected to the official Pokémon League Commission and there official 17 gyms located on other isles in the Miryus region.

Trainers simply journey to the Isles of Sungivai to see if they are worthy and able to defeat “High Chief Mafaofao,solevai,tosonafanua,kefefemanoana” who is said to have trained “The Brutal Five” long ago. Out of the 950 trainers that have journeyed to Mount. Destiny, only 3 have made it to the top, only to have been utterly defeated. Vaitakuians are deeply spiritual and religious people, such as the ancient beliefs that continue to co-exist side-by-side with the ghost pokemon that also inhabit Sungivai Isles.

Particularly in regard to the traditional customs and rituals of “the Vaitakuian way” the Vaitakuian culture is centered around the relationships between people and pokemon. These relationships are based on respect, trust and loyalty, when ghost pokemon journeyed to Sungivai isles thousand of years ago most Vaitakuians welcomed them, unlike the other isles which were scared and didn’t want them around. Currently 98% of the population identify themselves as ghost pokemon trainers/breeders.

Alright so far that is the base story/bio i created for The Isles Of Sungivai. Of course if i can get enough support from our PU community, hopefully our great PU team will pay more thought into making Sungivai Isles come to life in the PU. If that happens then i will spend more time refining and evolving  this story & such to that it can adapt in PU. Thank you all for reading and i hope you all enjoyed faaaa!!!!!!!!   

Also here's a better understanding of how the isles look and where the islands are located.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 10:40:30 PM by Saleboi0708 »

Allow my shadowballs to show you true darkness at it's core, for when all that remains is a soul covered in black blood, only then will you know the true origin of my eternal nightmare....

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
Im up for almost anything that relates to implementing more ghosts in the game. :P

And I like the idea of having an Isle that features ghost poke's instead of the cliche haunted house/building.

The only thing is adding 8 islands, which would be dubbed as the "Ghost isles". I dont know all 493 poke's but im certain that there arnt enough ghost poke's to satisfy 8 islands.

This is something that would obviously have to be put in later in the game (the first island hasnt even been release yet) but I like the idea.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 03:59:21 PM by ghostman50 »
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline Saleboi0708

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Im up for almost anything that relates to implementing more ghosts in the game. :P

And I like the idea of having an Isle that features ghosts instead of the cliche haunted house/building.

The only thing is, adding 8 islands which would be dubbed as the "Ghost isles". I dont know all 493 poke's but im certain that there arnt enough ghost poke's to satisfy 8 islands.

This is something that would obviously have to be put in later in the game but I like the idea.

Thank you for your support ghostman50. Now about the eight islands, as i said before Vaitaku is the only island inhabited by people and is the largest of the 8. The other seven are like rocks compared to the size of Vaitaku, but still big enough to be called islands. There's more to the islands then meets the eyes as well Spoiler alert lol the entire isle in term "location of the islands" from really high in the sky looks like a triangle, so when someone has entered within the boundaries of the islands they refer to it as "We've just entered the Sungivai triangle". Again refining and evolving my story will happen if the PU team looks into my work, which i hope they do. Again ty for your support ghostman50 faaaaa!!!!!   
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 05:27:53 PM by Saleboi0708 »

Allow my shadowballs to show you true darkness at it's core, for when all that remains is a soul covered in black blood, only then will you know the true origin of my eternal nightmare....

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
It's really good! I'm longing to see more from you, Saleboi! :)

Hmm... the ghost type pokemon I can think of now are:
Gastly
Haunter
Gengar
Misdreavus
Shedinja
Sableye
Shuppet
Banette
Duskull
Dusclops
Drifloon
Drifblim
Mismagius
Spiritomb
Dusknoir
Frostlass
Rotom
Giratina

I can't think of more... maybe that's it. :)

18 ghost pokemons, including one legendary, one I consider semi legendary.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Saleboi0708

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
It's really good! I'm longing to see more from you, Saleboi! :)

Hmm... the ghost type pokemon I can think of now are:
Gastly
Haunter
Gengar
Misdreavus
Shedinja
Sableye
Shuppet
Banette
Duskull
Dusclops
Drifloon
Drifblim
Mismagius
Spiritomb
Dusknoir
Frostlass
Rotom
Giratina

I can't think of more... maybe that's it. :)

18 ghost pokemons, including one legendary, one I consider semi legendary.

Yup thats all of them haha ty for supporting the isles of Sungivai. Also remember Arceus can change into a ghost pokemon type aswell in it's spooke form.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Yes, I didn't include him because of his alternate forms, and if ever it was to be found somewhere in the wild, it wouldn't be holding any plate, would it?
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Saleboi0708

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Yes, I didn't include him because of his alternate forms, and if ever it was to be found somewhere in the wild, it wouldn't be holding any plate, would it?

True (: good job good job indeed.

Offline alphadragon6

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: The Isles of Sungivai
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 04:47:40 PM »
that good writing. I hope it get used in the game it be fun to have a story to play thought. keep up the good work