* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: New items  (Read 14383 times)

Offline duotent

• Beginning Trainer
  • its my job to annoy and joke around on IRC
    • View Profile
Re: New items
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010, 02:07:20 AM »
personally, i don't like the ideas of having either gems or the amulet to make your pokemon automatically revive. i mean, that kinda defeats the purpose of the game. for the gem idea, i think it's kinda stupid, no offense. i mean, if you can't beat the pokemon, then why battle the trainer. and for the amulet idea, it's your fault to getting into that predicament in the first place. you should have enough potions and revives to replenish your pokemon's health, not depending on something like in zelda where you die and automatically come back to life (not putting zelda down, just making my point)
the point of it is you can only use them once and there in really diffcult places to get to and anyone who reads this is think im stubborn think what you want
(POKEMON CHAOS) Eevee:tackle, quick attack, dig, shadow ball
(A RANDOM POKEMON RP)ponyta:growl
(NEW Generation)gyarados:splash tackle
allmy roleplay charcters and there attacks plus the rp thir for

Offline mightygamer2

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 12:52:32 AM »
the point of it is you can only use them once and there in really diffcult places to get to and anyone who reads this is think im stubborn think what you want
[/quote]

but still, i don't like the point of this. i mean, there're already enough things in the pokemon world that fully heals a pokemon's health...i think it's way too unnecessary

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 12:58:12 AM »
yeah, they seem to have as much use as the old gateu in diamon and pearl, which is exactly like the full restore except more rare.
I like slowpoke.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2010, 04:42:30 PM »
New attack will not be added to the game. Ever.

Even if during the game (say next year or the next), a 5th generation of pokemon shows up with some new moves? ::)

Well, I'm not too keen with introducing new items either. There is the Focus Sash and Focus Band which can prevent pokemon from fainting concerning the 'revival gem'. Leftovers and other held 'HP regeneration' item are there to prolonge the time that a pokemon stays on the battlefield, and those are already doing a great job!

The only items I would like to have are the rare berries. Nobody can get them from DPPt, or HGSS as far as I know. And their effect are pretty good! ;) Hence, my question, would those berries be available? (like leichi and up to enigma berry)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Counter Bug

• Beginning Trainer
  • online.gaming.expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2010, 05:05:19 PM »
Berrys?
I wouldn't use other item than Leftovers, Life Orb, Choice items, and Black Sludge. Focus Band is hax item (for nabs) and Focus Sash is only good for starter.
PTT-Converter is out!
   Download:  *klick*
   Mirror:  *klick*
I am making a bot for Pokemon Battle Arena xD

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 05:22:54 PM »
Yup berries. They can be pretty good at times. Leichi for example increase the attack of the pokemon holding it when it's HP is low. Salac berry acts the same but raises speed instead. It just gives an edge in battles. :)

Do you know about the Rowap and Jaboca berries?

Check serebii:
http://serebii.net/berrydex-dp/
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Counter Bug

• Beginning Trainer
  • online.gaming.expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 05:30:41 PM »
Please don't try to teach me, I know them  8)
Since there are priority moves and Stealth Rock, boosting berrys lost their effectivity. Maybe you can use them in your pokemon games, but in online battling, they suck. The only berrys, which are only used in mono teams, are these berrys which lower the damage of a special type.
But even they don't work brilliantly.
PTT-Converter is out!

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2010, 05:39:05 PM »
Lol, okay, since I know any of you here, I just guessed earlier to post the link. But I think I get your point here. I guess it's because I  just haven't ever get to use them in play that I didn't know much about them...

Hey, you just changed your sig!!!

Okay, thanks for your fast reply! :)

Offline Counter Bug

• Beginning Trainer
  • online.gaming.expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2010, 05:55:55 PM »
Man, you're not funny.
And if you have used them in online games, you only played with noobs.
And I hope, we won't get more of people like you, who can't argument normally.
Don't know what my signature matters, but ok...

« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 06:14:54 PM by CounterBug »
PTT-Converter is out!

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2010, 06:06:02 PM »
Hey, what's the matter? :( I don't want to start an argument saying that berries are cool and all that! If you read my intro, you would know that I don't have a live box and cannot connect to WIFI :(

My first querry here was whether the berries would be available or not.

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2010, 10:08:51 AM »
I do like the idea of some berries being allowed in the game. If just for the story quests. Because some of us are forgetful and don't ever buy status healers.

Back on topic, there's really nothing a new item(In terms of battles) could do, that would be: a)useful, b)original, or c)added without destroying one or two of the basic rules of Pokemon.

That being said, I would love the Seals from Silver/Gold/Diamond/Pearl in PU. Maybe with some more options. ;)

Because presentation is everything. 8)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2010, 09:00:43 AM »
Hey, I like your idea of introducing the pokeball seals... perhaps adding some more too  :)

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2010, 08:20:24 PM »
That being said, I would love the Seals from Silver/Gold/Diamond/Pearl in PU. Maybe with some more options. ;)

Explain please, for the people who never played those games (like me)
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2010, 08:34:08 PM »
Seals have been introduced from the Sinnoh series. You can find them in the anime when Dawn gets to participate in her first contest.

In brief, seals are decorations on pokeballs. You need a seal case to be able to have pokeseals. From DPPt, you customise your pokeballs from your PC, once you get some pokeseals. You select the seal you want, put it on the pokeball using the stylus and you preview it. Some make puffs of smoke appear when the pokeball opens, others make hearts, etc all animated.

I hope you got it at least basically.

Offline Eslin

• Beginning Trainer
  • Ware wa meshia nari!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2010, 01:13:38 AM »
A much needed item would be items that extend the effects of gravity and trick room like a Damp Rock for Rain Dance.