* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Evolution stones.  (Read 15890 times)

Offline Chadwick

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution stones.
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 06:42:17 AM »
It is a good idea to have stones for sale; however, i think it would take away from the old Pokemon experience that I loved. Do you know what i mean?

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 07:36:54 PM »
Uh... not quite...
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Marissa

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 12:27:22 AM »
If Evolution Stones can be bought, then they need to be a special event, and you should be limited to one until the next event.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 07:01:23 PM »
That's not a bad idea... but there are so many pokemon evolving using stones... now, I won't make the list up, it might be too long.

So... perhaps making the events a little more frequent if such a feature is introduced?

Or perhaps make the stones 'buyable', but in remote parts of the region, so that there some part of effort in getting them...?
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline neokills

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'd rather die on the feet than live on my knee's
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 02:01:41 AM »
as long as it is possible to get/buy/find all the stones needed to get every pokeon in the game im all set.
***Thanx to lucariox for this great signature***

Offline TheGr8

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2010, 04:27:13 AM »
I think that they should be bought. It is alot easier to buy then find them :)

^^ My old buddy Thinkle77 made this

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 06:45:32 AM »
Actually, the eveolution stone event might be a good idea...maybe you should submit that to PU.

I don't see why it has to be frequent, there could be an event where a traveling stone salesman comes, I don't know, four times a year? And you can buy the stones, but not all of them are available every time; Have like fire, water, sun and dawn stones on one event, and others at other times.

I could see that as a possibility at least.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2010, 11:00:14 AM »
I don't see anything wrong with stones being buyable. Having some type of event to win them would be fun but i just think there are better items to be won other then stones. Maybe they could be a hefty sum or maybe to complete a nice chain of quests before you are able to buy them. I also like the idea of the traveling stone salesman...i would like him to come more often then the 4 times a year but that would keep up the rarity of the stones so i could see that as being a nice number of times for him to appear.  I just would hate for them to be so rare that people sell them for ridiculous amounts.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2010, 12:29:15 PM »
Maybe stones could be buyable, but for ridiculously high prices, except for a few times a year when the stones get really cheap, like a sale.
I like slowpoke.

Offline TheGr8

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2010, 08:30:00 PM »
Maybe stones could be buyable, but for ridiculously high prices, except for a few times a year when the stones get really cheap, like a sale.

That actually sounds like a great idea. Have them high price but for a season or special event have them as a sale.

^^ My old buddy Thinkle77 made this

Offline neokills

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2010, 08:36:51 PM »

That actually sounds like a great idea. Have them high price but for a season or special event have them as a sale.

i think this would be ok as long as they are very high prices, like near the price of a bike(if there is a bike) I wouldnt like to just see everyone walking around with all the evolved forms of eevee's, it should be an accomplishment that you have o work hard for to achieve

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2010, 08:54:51 PM »
Hmm......lets see.

Half of you want to buy them, Half want to earn Stones.

So, There could be Evolution Stone Crafting, The materials needed should alltogether be less than the actual stone.
and have certain stones unable to make until a set skill level.

That way, People can make stones, then Trade to other players.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline neokills

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2010, 08:58:31 PM »
Hmm......lets see.

Half of you want to buy them, Half want to earn Stones.

So, There could be Evolution Stone Crafting, The materials needed should alltogether be less than the actual stone.
and have certain stones unable to make until a set skill level.

That way, People can make stones, then Trade to other players.

yeah i like that too, it would kinda be like a runescape skill, we could start of with something small like making pokeballs and once you get good enough at it you can make stones, great balls and all that

and you could get the materials to make them randomly in battles with wild pokemon

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2010, 09:22:26 PM »
Or found once in a while in a certain place like volcano for fire, at sea for water, near a mountain for electric, in a cave for moon stone, etc...

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2010, 09:46:51 PM »
Or found once in a while in a certain place like volcano for fire, at sea for water, near a mountain for electric, in a cave for moon stone, etc...

Or materials given for quest rewards.

But if we use materials, they have to make sense, In PWO, They had materials, but they were used for multiple items, and didnt make sense.
Example: Give me a plank and some berries, and I will make you a Thunderstone

It isn't Alchemy.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.