* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Evolution stones.  (Read 15893 times)

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution stones.
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2010, 10:26:15 PM »
For example, a certain stone is an ingredient for the evolution stones, but you must find something, like a lightning orb. You must then combine them at a certain place.

Offline Ver-go-a-go-go

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2010, 01:35:31 AM »
I'd always get really aggrevated in Sapphire/Ruby because there were barely any stones to be found there. I remember starting a new game on Sapphire, and trading a Pichu and Igglybuff from FireRed there to act as "starters" or sorts you could say. Luckily, I think there's ONE Moonstone and ONE Thunderstone (Ievolvedmypikachuthistimelol) to be found in the entire game. But I have absolutely no memory of a Sunstone or Waterstone, unless you traded them for shards (which I could mysteriously never find...)

I liked it a lot more in gen 1 when you could just buy the majority of the stones. Moonstone was the only one you couldn't buy, so it didn't aggrevate the mess out of me and discourage me from using one Pokemon the needed a Stone to evolve. So, I think the stones that are used more to evolve (Thunder,Water,Fire) are better off being bought, while others, like Dusk which have only a couple of evolutions to be gained from them, should be more like quest rewards.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2010, 09:51:37 AM »
I think a Sunstone could be obtained in the Safari Zone of RSE... I'm not quite sure though.

For FRLG though, I'm sure of where it is; in the Sevault Canyon.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline DanyTbb

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2010, 10:15:20 PM »
Ill just train them

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2010, 01:25:17 AM »
I would like it if there were NPCs for every pokemon that could be evolved through trade. Such as a person who wanted to trade a Machoke for something, and another to trade a Scyther holding a metal coat for something. That way you don't have trust issues.

Or at least have a way to get your pokemon back if something goes wrong, but that could be more complicated than the first. I do not want to raise a Geodude from level 10 to 50 then have it stolen by someone.

Or here's a thought. Have pokemon that usually evolve through trade just evolve by level. Would that be hard?

Offline Hova

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2010, 03:39:31 AM »
I don't like using Evolve stones, I like  training them 

Offline 6Deth6klok6

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2010, 08:11:43 AM »
I think the best way to solve the trade trust is find someone with the same pokemon, and item.  And do it that way, so its a win-win Situation.  ;)

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2010, 03:33:35 PM »
Yeah, but thats Trade-Evolutions.

Were talking about stones: Thunder/Water/Fire/Leaf/Moon/Dusk/Dawn/Oval Stones..... Theres too many, and difficult to get, So What shall we do?
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2010, 05:39:15 PM »
There really are many, but we don't really need a lot. A couple of them should be enough if you use to try to complete your pokedex. If you are planning of getting several of the same pokemon, then that's something else :P
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Steel

• Beginning Trainer
  • Seize The Moment
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2010, 12:14:07 AM »
I had a Level 100 Machoke, until finally I got a DSi and managed to connect to Wi-Fi, so that I could arrange a trade-trade back with someone. I don't really care if I can't evolve a Pokémon, if you train it right, you could have an unbeatable... Oh, I don't know... Pikachu that for the gayest reasons doesn't WANT to evolve... jackass.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2010, 01:31:05 AM »
Missing the point.

There are people that want evolved Pokemon. Question is, How to get stones?
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2010, 02:01:36 AM »
I'm hoping they will be sold in shows, albiet expensively.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2010, 02:06:13 AM »
Shows?? =3

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2010, 02:26:25 AM »
Shops. I meant to type shops. Not sure why I accidentally typed show. The W key is nowhere near the P key. Then again, I'm a "hunt and peck" typist anyway. Not like they teach in schools.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2010, 05:43:42 PM »
Well, I never learnt to type the way that normal people do... I just learned by myself.

Going on topic, what I want would be the same about the stones.

Either:
Occasional events with special shops to sell exclusive items.
Special shops dispersed around Myrius.

Any way, I would prefer the price to be not so accessible to an average trainer.