* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Photographs in the game?  (Read 7690 times)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Photographs in the game?
« on: January 16, 2010, 05:31:03 PM »
My last thread about the save system lead to legendaries, which then made me ask myself.

Why not introduce photographs like in HGSS, or enable your character to take pictures (with poses, etc)? Then, you can hang some nice  pictures in your house, or 'guild' (which has not been confirmed yet).

Some pictures with the legendaries that you saw while doing quests will be inscribed in your memory.

Perhaps that will also go with the level of the trainer. The higher, the more photos (s)he can produce.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Nando

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Photographs in the game?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 07:00:15 PM »
Sounds like a great idea. I wouldn't mind taking a few pictures with the females and hanging them on the wall of my house.

Except there's one thing I don't like about your idea.

Perhaps that will also go with the level of the trainer. The higher, the more photos (s)he can produce.

No.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 07:09:10 PM »
Well anyone can have his/her views. I was thinking along the lines of; the higher your level, the bigger house, more money, can afford to buy more frames, etc...
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Nando

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 07:17:22 PM »
 :D Yeah, I know, Jerry. I really like your idea though. I can see myself having a lot of fun with it.  ;)

Oh, and I haven't officially welcomed you to PU yet, so WELCOME!  8)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 07:22:13 PM »
Oh, thanks! :)

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 07:48:17 PM »
i think its a great idea and can you really take photos in hg and ss im getting it soon!

oh i haven welcomed you either welcome!!!
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 07:50:50 PM »
Thanks ChaosControl.

In fact, you can take some pictures in HG and SS at some specific points in the game. There's a photographer, usually witht he sprite of an old man, partly bald. When the photo is taken, you have your pokemon behind and besides you and you can check the photo any time through your PC.

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 03:06:12 AM »
sounds pretty cool, they could go directly to your pc, and then only you could see them, and if you wanted anyone else to see them youd have to pay $$$ to get them printed at the pokemon center, and itd become an item in your inventory or something like that :D

Offline Dellancher

• Beginning Trainer
  • jakals in the courtyard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 04:03:16 AM »
Great idea!  I too disagree with the idea of the higher the level, the more photos though.  I like the housing ideas though.  And also it would defiantly be cool for you to be able to pull the pics up onto your pc.  Maybe even upload them to facebook ;)
i never sleep, because sleep is the cousin of death

--nasty nas in yo' area

don't be humble, you're not that great

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 04:03:35 PM »
Well, if you can see the photos, you'll be able to copy the image and save it on your computer for any use... Use printscreen button on your keyboard, edit the big picture and you're done!

I added the level thingy lasly, meaning it was of least importance. It was only an idea, that sounded fair to me. You would start with maximum 5 pictures, then 10 and so on.

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 04:11:41 PM »

I added the level thingy lasly, meaning it was of least importance. It was only an idea, that sounded fair to me. You would start with maximum 5 pictures, then 10 and so on.

Well I liked the lvling idea. Just because it would motivate the player to actually lvl up their player.

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 06:50:59 PM »
Just take a screenshot and copy and paste to your hearts content  :P

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 08:04:39 PM »
That was not the point. Putting them in the apartment was the prime point, so that your fellow members see your achievements :D. Nah, I think that other members might see the achievements of a particular 'guild' and make a better choice of which to join.

Offline Interested Listener

• Beginning Trainer
  • "The purpose of life is a life of purpose."
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 12:36:45 AM »
Great Idea Jerry, it seems pretty original. :)
The Interested Listener

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 06:11:23 AM »
Great Idea Jerry, it seems pretty original. :)

Yes, except that it was incorporated into HG and SS, but it was cool in those games too, and i would love to see photographs in the game, and there could even be photo studios where you could dress up and get your photo taken with different backgrounds.
I like slowpoke.