* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Examining other player characters  (Read 10120 times)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: Examining other player characters
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 07:17:37 PM »
About the clothes, why not asking the trainer: "hey, what are you wearing?" =P

I know, it's sort of awkward, but if you really want to know what clothes is the trainer wearing... ::) I think that only the ones who 'bought' an expensive clothing would want to say it.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Sora

• Normal Trainer
  • Nothing is as dear and precious as time~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 09:06:13 PM »
About the clothes, why not asking the trainer: "hey, what are you wearing?" =P

I know, it's sort of awkward, but if you really want to know what clothes is the trainer wearing... ::) I think that only the ones who 'bought' an expensive clothing would want to say it.

That's an OK idea, but I'm afraid some trainers will be rude and just go on like no one asked a thing...  :-\
I think, that we shoud be able to see the average level of pokemon that person has with him/her, to make shure that player vs. playes battles are fair.
My siggy just got attacked by zubat.

Offline Skilganon

• Beginning Trainer
  • Um... hi :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 01:35:46 AM »
I mmo's that i've played i always feel that a player inspection option was a good idea so yea, i think it shud be put in, also that one about the average pokemon lvl, i like that it would make pvp more fair knowing that your not challanging someone with pokemon 10 times stronger than yours, lol.
Never eat yellow snow o.O

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 04:49:58 PM »
That's an OK idea, but I'm afraid some trainers will be rude and just go on like no one asked a thing...  :-\

What would you do if trainers ask you what are you wearing each step you make? ::)

I was saying you could ask the trainer himself/herself because not everyone wants to 'boast' about what (s)he is wearing.

I think, that we shoud be able to see the average level of pokemon that person has with him/her, to make shure that player vs. playes battles are fair.

There will be trainer levels which will take care of that. It has not been said yet, but it may be like you need at most 5 trainer levels difference so that two real trainers can battle.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Sora

• Normal Trainer
  • Nothing is as dear and precious as time~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 08:48:59 PM »

There will be trainer levels which will take care of that. It has not been said yet, but it may be like you need at most 5 trainer levels difference so that two real trainers can battle.

Well, yes some way to indentify trainer before battleing it, something like that is absolutelly needed, in order to prevent high lv. trainers from beating complete rookies...
My siggy just got attacked by zubat.

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2010, 10:28:51 PM »
Like it said before it'll be possible to see other players levels (by clicking on the player).
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline Nando

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2010, 11:41:49 PM »
There will be a very large array of clothes available, and potentially earnable through quests. If I was an actual person walking around in the world, it's kind of silly that I can't see what someone is wearing. Not sure why dark doesn't want us to show off our trophies or pokedex completion, I know I'd love to do that. I really don't like having the site as a major part of the game, it takes away from the immersion. Plus we need some way of trading when you're not face-to-face, whether it's an auction house, a trade-bag, or both. It is very impractical to expect someone whose business is selling something basic and high volume like pokeballs to be online long enough to make enough sales, let alone to go to every customer. I don't wanna play travelling salesman, I want to train my pokemon.

Very well said, I agree. I know for a fact by the time PU is fully released to the public I won't be online as much as I would like to (college). Those of us who are very busy need some kind of way to sell items without having to stay online for hours. An auction house is definitely the answer, in my humble opinion. And it's not just useful for us, but everyone as well. As for being able to view other players clothing, it would be nice.  :)

Offline Interested Listener

• Beginning Trainer
  • "The purpose of life is a life of purpose."
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2010, 08:49:56 AM »
 A friend list so we can keep track of certain characters?And maybe a rival list? Also a deeper decoration system?
The Interested Listener