Pokémon Universe > Ideas & Suggestions

Evolutionary Elixir

(1/7) > >>

Roloc:
Evolutionary Elixir

My idea is a consumable item that changes the appearance of your pokemon permanently. This item could either be sold for a very high price in the pokemarts, won from events, rewards for quests or bought with some type of in-game point system(if there is one).

How it works:
The item gets used on a stage 3 pokemon. The stage 3 pokemon's appearance gets changed to the stage 2 pokemon of that evolutionary line. The item can be used again to change the appearance to the stage 1 evolution.

The item will only make pokemon look like other pokemon in its own evolutionary line. There will be NO Charizards looking like magikarps.

Unnamed 3rd stage pokemon will return to their 2nd stage name and unnamed 2nd stage pokemon will return to their 1st stage names when the item is used.

If you visit the Name Rater and change your pokemons name, the "( )" at the end will still appear no matter what you name it.

How to keep people from tricking others into thinking that have weak pokemon:
There is a trade off. In order to make your pokemon appear the way you want, you must deal with an extension on the name of your pokemon. such as if your pokemons name is
MightyMouse and was a Raichu, when the item is used on Raichu, its appearance becomes that of a Pikachu and it's names switches from MightyMouse to MightyMouse(Raichu).
The "( )" with the name of the actual pokemon keeps people from tricking others into thinking they have lower evolution pokemon.

Ex:
TrainerA would use the item on his Raichu named MightyMouse. MightyMouse would then change appearance to look like Pikachu and it's name would change too MightyMouse(Raichu)

The whole point of this is for people who prefer a pre evo pokemon over its fully evolved pokemon. I know that Haunter for example has lots of people who like it over Gengar.
I prefer Rhyhorn & Rhydon over Rhyperior.

EDIT:

Q&A

Q: Will the pokemon Keep it's typing of what it originally is or will it's typing change?
A: No the pokemon's type will not change. Only the appearance will change. This item is only cosmetic.

Q: Does all it change is the appearance?
A: Yes

Q: Does it interfere with the actual evolution?
A: No.

Q: Is there a way to change said Pokemon back other than using the item again?
A: There may be, there may not be. Thats up to the devs to decide.

Q: What if I don't know the typing of the pokemon in "( )" ?
A: Like in other games, I assume PU will have it to where you can hover over the pokemon and it will display the typing. This can be used to display the type on a pokemon effected by the Elixir so that it shows the type of the pokemon in "( )"

Q: If I used the elixir on my Charizard and then traded it to you, would the effect of the elixir continue or would the new owner have to purchase/receive one and then use it?
A: I would say then when the pokemon is traded, the effect would go away and the new owner would have to go and get their own elixir to use on their newly obtained pokemon.

Q: If someone used a elixir in they're charizard, would they have to use a second one to make it look like charmander, or would they're be a menu to choose what previous evo it looks like?
A: I think a pop up menu to choose which pre-evolution you want the pokemon to take the appearance of would be best.

nightshade06:
How would that work with type changes since there is a few pokemon whose type slightly changes in stage 3 ex...charizard is fire/flying isnt he? his preevolutions are only fire if I am not mistaken...
same with the nidoran femal and male both aquire ground on their final evo...So will they still have the same type also as their 3rd stage?

Arctus:

--- Quote from: nightshade06 on September 24, 2012, 12:25:32 PM ---How would that work with type changes since there is a few pokemon whose type slightly changes in stage 3 ex...charizard is fire/flying isnt he? his preevolutions are only fire if I am not mistaken...
same with the nidoran femal and male both aquire ground on their final evo...So will they still have the same type also as their 3rd stage?

--- End quote ---

As far as i understand, and i was talking about it with Roloc earlier, the only thing that changes is the appearance. Stats, types, etc. all remain the same as the third evolution, but it just looks like its pre-evolution

Roloc:
Arctus is correct with his explanation of your question, nightshade06.

This is purely cosmetic. Stats/abilities/types/etc all remain unaffected.

Miss Wednesday:
I like it ._. Do it ._.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version