* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [RP] Galactic Underground|Night|Raining  (Read 90128 times)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
Re: [RP] Galactic Underground|Late Afternoon|Sunny
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2013, 04:34:07 AM »
Dagen gulped down the last of the burger and finished his drink. "Well, I guess that means we have to battle then. But not here. That ban on fighting is making the police real tense, and I keep hearing rumors that people keep getting arrested for a harmless battle. When you guys finish, meet me in the back alley. Since you're on break, I challenge you, Misty. See you guys in a bit, don't leave me hanging." He left out the door, and went into the alley, and had a seat on the ground. No one would be able to see here, and he was out of the way of cameras. Just a quick fight was all he needed to gauge his skill.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2013, 04:48:35 AM »
Efialtes and Lai

Efialtes bought his ice cream and sat down in a booth, he hadn't gotten anything special, it was just a Vanilla ice cream in a cup. He hadn't gotten three spoons out of it, before a friend of his slid into the other side of the booth. Efialtes chuckled, a grin appearing on his face as he put his cup down, and slid it to the side. His voice had a cheery sound to that, as if he was greeting a good friend. "Hello! So, what are you doing here? You generally don't come here, I usually see you at the book store."

She nodded, before laughing a bit herself. "Was looking for you, wanted to ask if we were still going to be going over the current science project tonight. "

Efialtes tossed his head from side to side thinking, before nodding. "Yeah I think so, unless something important comes up." She started to get up before Efialtes stopped her, to ask a question. "Hey wait," His voice got a bit quieter, before continuing. "How have your battles been going?"

She sat back down, her voice seemingly getting quieter with each word, until finally hitting an all time low and staying there. "...I've won a single battle since joining."

Efialtes snickered, getting glared down before he let his comment out, and the glaring eye went away. "We have the same win streak!"

She shook her head before replying with a sly smile, her voice having a sense of glee to it. "That one Win was my last battle."

Efialtes slumped back in the booth before replying with a low grumbling noise, and uttering out a few words. "So you currently have a better win streak than I do. That's uh. That's fun." Their conversation seemed to continue on from there, not much of importance was really said as they spoke.

[SIINTCA.]
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2013, 05:04:11 AM »
Ash and Misty
Ash continued to eat in silence, while Misty studied him, waiting for a reaction to what had just happened. It didn't take him long to chomp down the large burger, and slurp away the drink. He nearly inhaled his fries, then sat there, staring off into space.

"Ash? Are you going to say anything?" Misty finally broke the silence, hoping to get Ash to talk. He'd been avoiding battling since he'd talked to Stan, though what about she had no idea. It was as if he was scared of it. He'd even convinced her to avoid battling. Sure, it was illegal, but that had never stopped him from competing in the circuit. Something else was bothering him.

"You're not battling him." It wasn't a suggestion, it was a demand. Ash refused to let her battle. "I'm not going to let you." He didn't even look at her, didn't acknowledge the fire in her eyes, or the way her jaw squared when she was mad. He also didn't acknowledge the hurt she felt, having her best friend try to control her, when she had given him all the space he could ask for.

He did, however, notice when he roughly hit the floor, and Misty stepped over him. "You can't stop me, Ashy-boy. I'm your elder, and you're NOT my parent." Then, she walked out the door, skirt swishing behind her for a split second before vanishing out the door with her, leaving the raven-haired trainer lying there on the ground. He didn't move for quite some time, just staring at the ceiling.

(Just say Misty got to the alley.)

Daylin: 35/100

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2013, 06:33:03 AM »

Dagen
Dagen looked up at Misty as she entered the alley. Something seemed kind of off, but it wasn't any of his business. Right now, it was time to battle. "Well, here goes something" He pulled out his band. He remembered the day he got it. He had just received his last paycheck ever and used the money to buy the official band. It was an older model, and slightly worn since he always kept it inside his pocket. He placed it on his wrist, and examined it for a couple seconds. "Give me one sec, I haven't tried this out at all yet. Ah, here it is..." He pressed the button and a screen popped up. All he had was metropolis city. He was used to the darkworld, where his astral was from, but this one was official. "My very first battle. This is exciting." He selected the arena, but a message popped up saying all opponents need to agree. "Well, I guess you know what to do from here." He smiled, the excitement he felt was practically making him glow.

Sal

Sal was passing by his home. He had been out since early in the morning, and wanted some sleep, but he needed to go check on something first. A couple days ago, he seen a stray dog nearby, and left food out for it. He always had that soft spot for things that reminded him of himself. The plate was empty, which could be a good sign, but he didn't get his hopes up. "Must have dined and dashed. Typical." He went inside his home to nap a bit. Throughout the day, he had four battles, and only won two, one of them on the Escher Stairs, where his opponent collapsed in front of him. He shouldn't have fought afterward, but a fight is a fight, and he was well known for being a lone wolf and tough opponent. He sat cross legged and drifted off to sleep, his hardened body automatically staying where he sat, not even a muscle twitched. He would wake in a couple hours and hit the cinder blocks before checking out the newbies.

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2013, 06:52:58 AM »
Misty
Misty nodded, and brushed a few charms aside from the bracelet, pressing a few buttons. It began to glow, projecting two holograms in front of her. She pressed another button, and the mark on her shoulder began to glow a vibrant blue through the black material of her dress. "Just confirm you're ready, and give it a second. It has to do something or other, your mark will begin to glow. We'll sync right after that." She explained, then locked her answer in. She was ready.

Ash
Ash eventually lifted himself off a ground, and walked out of the parlor. It wasn't like it had hurt, he'd had a lot worse, from Misty herself in fact. But it had stunned him. She'd never looked at him like that. For as long as he could remember, he'd hurt people who made her look like that. He'd always hated it when she looked like that, so sad, so upset, so... hurt. He never really knew why, he just did. And so he tried to stop it. and now he was causing it.

His stomach twisted in knots for reasons he couldn't understand, and he unconsciously rubbed his hand against it, walking towards the ally. He had to apologize, to fix this. He hadn't meant it, but... Battling had been the death of his Dad, and it was so scary to think that it could get her too. That it could get him. So he had stopped for the past few days, and had made her, too. He'd always thought she did it because she understood, she agreed, but now he questioned that.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2013, 06:59:56 AM »
"All right..." Dagen removed his shirt and showed off his mark. He locked in his answer, and some process was happening before his mark started glowing. He didn't get a chance to enjoy the feeling before he synced. He looked around the arena. It was a large city, with a lot of tall buildings around. He started on the roof of one of the buildings. It looked like it was a long way down if he fell, but he figured he could use his claws to slide down if he needed. "This is amazing. So overwhelming, yet so exciting. Time to rock." He took a fighting stance, making sure to keep the claws on his hands ready.

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2013, 07:29:59 AM »
Misty
Misty stared at him for a moment, wondering exactly why he was so eager to see his mark, and suddenly realized she was syncing right as she was spawned in the city.

Sub-Merged
The air reeked of garbage was the first thing Sub-Merged noticed as she zoomed above the the rows of buildings, merely a sleek blue blur. She raised her snout in the air, sorting through the different scents until she found a human one. It was mixed, oddly enough, with the scent of storm, but it was definitely human. And with her prey locked onto, she threw her head back and let loose and ear piercing howl, flying lower and hurtling towards the scent.

Ash
Ash quickly found the alley Dagen had been talking, making sure no one saw him before going into it. He saw that he was late, and the battle had already begun, so rolling back his sleeve, he synced to spectate. The arena was one he'd only been in once or twice, named Metrapliosion City or something like that, and was basically a large, deserted city.

He pretty easily made out Misty, Sub-Merged not blending in well at all. She was streaking above the rooftops,  tracing her enemies trail. 'Figures, I could never hide from her. OF course, the same thing goes for her approach, though. She's so easily spottable.' His thoughts on the battle however, soon cut roughly of when he saw the opponent. A claw trooper. He'd heard so many stories about them, and with all the murders recently...!

He started to begin to formulate a plan, but his vision was beginning to swim, and before long, he'd blacked out.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2013, 07:38:25 AM »
Gix looked around, trying to figure out where his opponent was. He heard an ear piercing howl rip through the air. It came from below the building. Without a care in the world, he jumped off the side of the building, and slid down with his claw, coming to a stop halfway down. He spotted his foe coming in hot. He readied a counter strike, doing everything he could to think fast. When she got close enough, he jumped back and took swipe at her wings.

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2013, 07:59:23 AM »
Sub-Merged
Sub-Merged saw the strike coming a mile away, but her eyes lingered on the astral's face a second too long, and only her high speeds saved her. She spiraled, the claw only grazing her haunches and drawing a small bit of blood. She was fast to counter-attack though, ghost ice flowing out of her front right claw, and she swooped in and slashed at his chest.

Link
Link blocked the claw with his shield, shoving the human with claws away from him. They were endless, and he and his partner couldn't keep this up forever. already five of the troopers had fallen, only to be replaced by ten more. It was just a blur of metal, skin, and fur as Link and the blue winged-wolf fought them off. There was a gash of the Hyrulian's right eye, and a long, deep cut along his sword arm that hurt every time he parried a blow or leaped in an attack. He glanced over at the blue wolf.

The winged-creature was not doing much better. A chunk of flesh was missing from one of his legs, his wings were torn, and blood stained his snout. They couldn't keep going like this, but all they had to do was buy time. And buy time they did, back to back, dodging and blocking, weaving and slashing, snarling and snapping. But eventually, they reached their limit.

They'd been cornered, and Link was sluggish; unable to block the claw coming at him, which ripped right through his chest. A howl from his wolf partner told him he ad suffered something along the same fate, but regardless, as he faded away, he smiled. THe last thhing he heard was the shouting of the champion and sirens in the distance. Then everything was black.

Ash jerked back to reality, gasping for air and glancing around fervently. 'What was that...?' It took him a moment to realize where he was at. Still in the body of Link following the battle. But, what had just happened...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 11:01:21 PM by The-Blades-slave »

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2013, 08:06:57 AM »
Dagen couldn't dodge the mid air attack, and felt the hit. It burned so much. "How can ice burn?!" He regained where he was, and latched onto the opposite building. He took a good amount of damage, but was ok. He checked the contact area. No mark, not even a scratch. But he still felt the burn linger a bit. "Ok, new plan. Tornado Claw!" He jumped off and spun at high speeds towards his target.

Offline WhistfulSoul

• Beginning Trainer
  • Had an older account, forgot what it was. Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2013, 03:43:19 PM »
Soul

Still sitting outside, waiting for sunset, Soul could hear the ice cream parlor door open, and the white haired college man walked out. He walked to the alley between the two shops, and Soul could hear his footsteps stop about halfway. A minute later, the girl with the short red hair followed him, seeming a bit peeved. There was a bit of talking, then both went silent. "A battle, huh. Let's see what kind of fighters we've got locally."

Soul pressed a button on his Slim Model GFA-Approved Sync Band, pressed 'Spectate' on the pop-up menu, and closed his eyes. The first thing he saw was one of the old claw troopers, the regulators of Astral Battles in the past. The second entity appeared to be a sort of flying water dog. "Both very quick, and intense. I'll have to remember that if I ever face either of these two." After a minute or so, Soul could feel the presence of another spectator, but their presence faltered for a moment before restrengthening.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 11:22:00 PM by WhistfulSoul »
[SIGNATURE]

I actually have all the badges from each region, because, y'know, badges.

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2013, 04:04:47 PM »
Yume Tsuki & Nilakanta

Yume turned around, about to leve the store after she had kicked the guy in the face. "Jeez, talk about anger management... Hope I never make you mad, even though... We won't make physical contact." 'That voice again?' She looked around. Saw some people who just had entered staring at her. A quick glance she could just make up bracelets. She caught more attention than she preferred and quickly left the store shoving her bracelet underneath her glove. She went around the corner and finished her ice cream. "poop..." "It's not like him knowing you have a bracelet let's him know who your astral is." Yume looked up again and around. "Still not much of a talker, eh? Oh well at least you understood me this time. I am Nilakanta, your astral." "You mean like, an avatar for the game I just joined?" "Not precisely what you can call it after the incidents. I'm just impressed you got a hold of it. Which means the battle might still be going on." "So this wasn't a joke after all..." Yume looked around aware that it might look weird for her to talk to something non-existent but nobody seemed to notice. Perhaps they thought she was talking on a hands-free phone.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2013, 12:21:53 AM »
Sub-Merged
 Sub-Merged beat her wings rapidly, ghost ice gathering at the tips of her claws as she hurtled towards the attacking enemy. She had no hope of overpowering him, there was a chink in his defense; his kick off had been slightly slanted, one arm spinning faster and stronger than the other causing a slight tilt in balance. And that was all the wolf needed. She braced herself, diving in between his arms as they rotated. The claw of his right hand torn into her side, but she had been ready, and kept diving forward, claws coming down in an 'X' across his chest.

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2013, 12:42:35 AM »
Nexalas quickly ordered his ice cream cone, using Ashton's twenty and a coupon to get two cones. He put the change in his pocket and sat down at a table not too far off from where Efi was. He then started biting off chunks of his ice cream until he noticed a sharp pain in his head. At first, he thought he was eating too fast, but then he heard a voice as if it was right next to him, but off in a distance all at once.
W..n a.. ..u g.... to ...tl. A....n?... I.. .i.. o. ..m.
He looked around, then noticed what seemed like a crystal next to his seat. He tilted his head, and then brought out his phone to avoid looking like hes insane as he was about to do something crazy: talking to a crystal he found next to his seat.
Your coming in kinda fuzzy, try video 2.
He then heard a chuckle as a figure appeared next to him, but no one else could see it except Nexalas. He knew this as when he appeared the first time, Ashton and the others couldn't see him.
Explain why your not trying to rematch Ashton. I'm growing tired of his meaningless bragging over his lucky win and your failure.
I told you before and I'm telling you again, he wont be willing to fight. If hes not at 100% we wont prove anything, he'll probably blame it on being distracted.
You talk as if he's your friend. Have you finally come out of the closet for him?
Funny. Now go away, he needs time and I need sweets.
I can only wait for so long.
The figure then disappeared, as if he never existed. The crystal was still 'there', but at this point it has faded into a small shard. Nexalas then put away his phone and continued to eat his ice cream.
. . .

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2013, 02:49:05 AM »
GM POST

At the Ice Cream Parlor

The bright red and blue lights flashed through the windows of the ice cream shop as the sound of a siren suddenly grew louder. Within no time, a police car had been parked in the parlor's parking lot. The lights and sirens were shut off as two police officers could be seen climbing out of the car. One of them waited right outside of the shop's door while the other walked in, the gentle chime of the bell attached to the door almost seeming out of place at this very moment. The cop, who looked to be in his mid-twenties, scratched his thin beard before placing his hands on his thick belt. He nodded at the clerk as he began to speak,"Now, the shopkeeper here has called us, claiming that he has overheard the talk of an astral battle. Now, we're only here for everyone's safety, but before I take any action, I'm going to have to ask all of you without one of those sync bands to either leave or just wait outside the door." He then made eye contact with the clerk, who was still standing behind the counter. "That includes you as well."

"But, this is my shop," the clerk protested, "if a crime was committed here, then I feel that I should be present, you know- to wit-"

The cop just waved him off. "Look, I realize that this could look bad on your business, sir," he cut in, "but I have a protocol to follow." The shopkeeper grumbled, but proceeded to make his way out of the door, along with a few of the customers. Once the door had shut, the police officer gave a slight smile. "Now, most of you are underground fighters, right?"

In the Street, @Yume

A rather generic looking man, who wore a plain white t-shirt and olive green cargo pants, caught sight of Yume as she walked by, seemingly talking to herself. He of course didn't know the girl's name, but he studied her for a moment, as he felt that he had seen her somewhere before. Then, suddenly, it hit him like a brick.

"M'am!" he called out to her. Not waiting to see if she actually noticed, the man ran over to Yume and reached out for her upper arm, in both an attempt to ensure he got her attention and to prevent her from running away. "I know who you are," he said in a hushed voice, "you're in the underground."
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100