* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS  (Read 10062 times)

Offline Tealize

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Nintendo 3DS
« on: June 19, 2010, 10:40:02 AM »

Has anyone seen the 3DS yet?  I think it looks pretty sweet.  I watched the Nintendo Press Conference at E3 the other day and got so excited when they brought the 3DS out.  It has a superb lineup of games too, including but not limited to: Star Fox 64, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, Mario Kart, and Nintendogs + cats. 

You can see screenshots of all the new upcoming games at the Nintendo Press Kit website. (Username: guest, Password: nintendo)

What do you guys think?

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo 3DS
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 03:46:14 PM »
Nintendo utterly dominated E3 this year. Their line-up before the 3DS was spectacular, and it gave all of their long running fans something to drool about. (Hell remake to Donkey Kong and Golden Eye.) After all that, you think Nintendo would be tapped out, right? Wrong.

They revealed the 3DS.

At first, I had my doubts about the console. Honestly, I thought it was going to be nothing but a stupid gimmick. 3D Gaming? Ha. That sounds stupid. Well, the proved me wrong and I'm glad they did. The graphics on the 3DS are superb for a hand held console. (Or at least what I can tell from the one preview game.) The framerate was steady and stable. It has a sleek design, nice features, and massive line-up of games. There is a list somewhere. Most of them are Sony or Microsoft 3rd Party Developers. That just shows you how successful it is going to be.

TL;DR - I expected the 3DS to bomb. Nintendo owns my soul even more now. I'm considering getting "Nintendo" tramped stamped onto my back.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline Baka

• Normal Trainer
  • Troublemaker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 03:59:04 PM »

Offline PsyduckPh33r

• Beginning Trainer
  • O_O
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 06:52:49 PM »
Haha Baka thats a good one. Also I agree with Raikt, Nintendo did amazing this year. Microsoft only brought up a new 360 model and Kinect...and thats it. (I think) But personally I'm a Nintendo fan and I can't wait for this and the re release of OoT.
   Psyduck owns.

Offline Tealize

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 07:46:40 PM »
I was a little sad when Donkey Kong and Goldeneye weren't being made by Rare anymore. Retro (Metroid Prime people) took over DK so it should be okay, but I think Activision is doing Goldeneye and if anyone has been keeping with the news lately, knows they haven't been acting very well recently.

Makes me want to break out the old N64 and play some games!!

(Also, I thought Kinect was kind of cool, I'm just waiting to see how responsive it is. Mostly excited about Halo: Reach!! I want one of the new Xboxes too--250gb HD!!)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 10:20:11 PM »
Seems cool. I'll cross out the 'DSi' from my 'try to obtain' list, and putting the 3DS instead :P
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 11:00:26 PM »
I've never owned a DS or any of the nintendo game consoles. I don't like nintendo games too much so I probably won't bother with this.

Offline Tealize

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 01:45:48 AM »
I've never owned a DS or any of the nintendo game consoles. I don't like nintendo games too much so I probably won't bother with this.

That's a shame :(  Nintendo does have a lot of good stuff.  I admit though, I use my 360 a lot more than my Wii.  I still get a lot of use out of my DS though (for obvious reasons).  DS is the best handheld IMHO.

Offline Shoeboy

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 03:51:51 AM »
I'm waiting to buy the 3DS now instead of buying a dsi. I agree with a lot of you, the DS is the only thing nintendo has really going for them right now, most everone I know that owns a wii doesn't and hasn't touched it for a long time.

Offline neokills

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'd rather die on the feet than live on my knee's
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 06:02:36 AM »
seems cool, but how much will this one be now.
***Thanx to lucariox for this great signature***

Offline ChibiVampire

• Normal Trainer
  • Aw... I have to walk to a stupidly far store... :/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 09:06:02 AM »
Ugh, another DS? Hehe... Means there might be more, wonder how it could get better... I mean it has internet and everything... :3
Could you click my links daily?

Offline Shoeboy

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 12:35:07 PM »
Ugh, another DS? Hehe... Means there might be more, wonder how it could get better... I mean it has internet and everything... :3

3D....Just the 3D, otherwise it's exactly the same, now it just has the ability to give you headaches after long streches of gaming lol

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2010, 03:03:24 PM »
What about... using holograms :D
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Tealize

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 03:52:00 PM »

3D....Just the 3D, otherwise it's exactly the same, now it just has the ability to give you headaches after long streches of gaming lol

The 3DS comes with a little toggle switch so you can adjust the 3D to your liking (how much it pops out I guess). So you will be able to turn it off if your head starts to hurt XD

Also I heard from people at E3 that the 3D is really immersive and is almost like actually being in the game. It's just really hard for Nintendo to show that off when you're watching on a 2D TV/computer.

Offline Shoeboy

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2010, 05:01:52 PM »

The 3DS comes with a little toggle switch so you can adjust the 3D to your liking (how much it pops out I guess). So you will be able to turn it off if your head starts to hurt XD

Also I heard from people at E3 that the 3D is really immersive and is almost like actually being in the game. It's just really hard for Nintendo to show that off when you're watching on a 2D TV/computer.

Yeah, I heard about that. But to totally honest i'll prolly be one of the people who leave it on till they get the headache then remember there's a switch lol