* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: pokemon style/editing  (Read 6548 times)

Offline dragoonia

• Beginning Trainer
  • yes i drew that XD (my current masterpeice)
    • View Profile
pokemon style/editing
« on: September 18, 2011, 08:15:59 PM »
just a thought, but anything on pokemon editing/styling,  i looked thro the forums but didnt see anything, anyways, my thought was, custom pokemon to a point, like "shiny" pokemon , a diff color pokemon, well my thought exspands on that.
in stead of catching a rare shiny, have a place u can go to "style" ur pokemon, have its fur a diff color, tiger stripes  on a jigglypuff maybe, funky style wings on a butterfree maybe,
a salon where ppl can go to get there pokemon "styled" for a fee. thats basicly my idea, designs could be collected from well on here XD well thats it feel free to tell me there already a thread and i missed it lol k thanks
Train2game student - games art and animation
pokemon lover - has all gameboy pokemon games and some on ds (crys cus not got any since dimond)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: pokemon style/editing
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 08:18:26 PM »
Well, as long as it's reasonable and there is an artist willing to do that for each and every pokemon and suiting the wants of each and every trainer wanting such service, sure. And I say each, because tiger stripes on a Jigglypuff will not suit an Onix...
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline dragoonia

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 08:28:29 PM »
i didnt actuly mean do that thing was just a exsample, lol tho another person may like that lol tiger stripes on a chrazard would be kl but that was done in the first pokemon movie lol anyway u get my point tho it would be alot of extra art work for the devlopers also maybe 1 other style would be avilible for a pokemon when the game comes out but it can be exspanded later
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 08:30:14 PM by dragoonia »
pokemon lover - has all gameboy pokemon games and some on ds (crys cus not got any since dimond)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 08:31:51 PM »
Yes, that was exactly my point. If someone wants a tiger-striped Jigglypuff, some other one might want a tiger-striped Charizard, and you cannot do the same exact pattern as they would not fit the two pokemon. You will need two separate model of tiger stripes and match them to each pokemon, which demands a whole lot of time...
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline dragoonia

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 08:36:44 PM »
yea, i get that point, but i still think  it might be worth it,

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 08:59:53 PM »
I like this idea but it would be a difficult task to make custom things for every pokemon but i think it'd be worth it. I would gladly make the custom stuff but i know nothing of pixel art
It's over 9000!

Offline dragoonia

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 09:03:45 PM »
it wouldnt be to difficult to do in photoshop if u had a page of sprites i think

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 09:04:41 PM »
I like this idea but it would be a difficult task to make custom things for every pokemon but i think it'd be worth it. I would gladly make the custom stuff but i know nothing of pixel art

You could always do the vectors side of it.  Cause that's what you will see in battles.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 09:11:19 PM »
Wait, you mean you want to have someone responsible for customised pokemon sprites (~630 pokemon, removing legendaries) and with limitless ways of 'styling' EACH pokemon? ALSO having someone behind to make it so that the new sprite is implemented for that and that only trainer each time one is created? That's insane!

I will point out that the sprites of pokemon as it is actually originate from the same file, so one image is used by a lot of people. What would happen if there was now many many of such sprites?

Offline dragoonia

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 09:15:01 PM »
ok point taken, not as easy as it seems

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 09:33:11 PM »
While in theory, this is a great idea, in practise this isn't too practical, especially seeing as we don't even have battle sprites for the Beta pokemon released yet.

Offline dragoonia

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2011, 10:11:48 PM »
thats fair,  a more pratical way than preseting each skin for the sprites, maybe to make a way to let players "paint" on the sprites in game,  tho that would take programing and stuffs oh well was a nice idea, lol

Offline Level5Pidgey

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • Use Gust!
    • View Profile
    • Pidgey's Philosophical Game Design
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 02:36:14 AM »
I think this is actually a good idea - not for wide consumption, but perhaps for very unique and special rewards?

Like, I disagree with the idea of making triple the sprites or whatever, but, one or two here and there would not be such a bad idea I think.

Only issue is, how we would ensure that the designs are in the spirit of Pokemon and not going to that "Fakemon" area.
Read my Game Design Blog!

And that one, lone, distressed flying Krabby went on to become the most powerful being in the Universe.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 01:58:04 PM »
Well, if that is made possible, there should be someone responsible to set the limits. Or probably come to a consensus among the Team members.

Offline Warrickz

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 08:23:24 PM »
Hey um why not have a different type of pokemon like original and shiny then Epic shinies or Different colored pokemon instead of your idea which is kind of fusing pokemon I get what you trying to say but why not have like this

Arcanine - original
Arcanine - Shiny
Arcanine - Black and red idk :P could call them Event pokemon but they not really for event hope you guys know what I'm trying to say