* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Dragon Pokemon ..Need Help  (Read 38710 times)

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Pokemon ..Need Help
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2010, 09:54:47 PM »
Actually the shoddy battle will require effort i do not want to give to this cause because everyone here knows a nidoking would be beat by a flygon except for you so im leavin it at that.

Offline Daedrin

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2010, 04:51:23 AM »
Uhh to get back on topic, I'd say my fav in the lot is Kingdra, for the various reasons people stated above, but... I find garchomp quite lethal, correct me if I'm wrong, but he can get rid of anything,
high attack and speed, the only type that resists dragon is steel, and guess what, garchomp is dragon/ground, awesome combo, so ground beats steel, but okay you throw in skarmory or bronzong with levitate?  no worries, garchomp got fire fang (or even better?) So yeah, I have yet to find a poke that would last 2-3 turns against garchomp, but I know, a faster ice poke does the trick, seeing garchomp cant learn dragon dance, but still :P
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 03:30:47 PM by Daedrin »

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2010, 09:37:42 AM »
Uh... Garchomp is Dragon/Ground, not Steel/Ground ::)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2010, 03:24:03 PM »
Uhh to get back on topic, I'd say my fav in the lot is Kingdra, for the various reasons people stated above, but... I find garchomp quite lethal, correct me if I'm wrong, but he can get rid of anything,
high attack and speed, the only type that resists dragon is steel, and guess what, garchomp is steel/ground, awesome combo, so ground beats steel, but okay you throw in skarmory or bronzong with levitate?  no worries, garchomp got fire fang (or even better?) So yeah, I have yet to find a poke that would last 2-3 turns against garchomp, but I know, a faster ice poke does the trick, seeing garchomp cant learn dragon dance, but still :P

My swampert would beat your garchomp

Also according to your logic, Garchomp would be the same as steelix, who is weak to fire, fighting, water, and even to ground itself, which are alot of popular move types in the OU.

But like Jerry pointed out, Garchomp is Dragon/Ground, so a Mamoswine with Ice Shard would tear through a garchomp and his 4x ice weakness
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 03:30:08 PM by Viper »

Offline Daedrin

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2010, 03:35:47 PM »
rofl my bad, I was tired, it is dragon/ground of course :P (edited)

And yeah you're right, mamoswine would own it, like it would own probably any 4x weakness to ice dragon, I was just pointing out the fact garchomp can get rid of any type, because of his dragon/ground/fire moves, I Wasnt saying its unbeatable :P
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 03:38:04 PM by Daedrin »

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2010, 07:15:14 PM »
Actually the shoddy battle will require effort i do not want to give to this cause because everyone here knows a nidoking would be beat by a flygon except for you so im leavin it at that.
Ok Viper i don't 100% understand shoddy but me and my freind did it yestardy and yeah nidoking was one hit ko'd so ur right but nidoking is still alot more useful against others i think so i still pick him over flygon anyday. Jerry i checked the stadium stats for the speacial mewtwo and all the rest of the pokemon on Stadium and basically all of them are very low so u were right on that.
Rakia(Ra-kie-ya) Deadae(D-A-day)
"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...
To fly!"

Offline Level5Pidgey

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • Use Gust!
    • View Profile
    • Pidgey's Philosophical Game Design
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2010, 12:25:18 AM »
In conclusion:

Most dragons are 4x weak to ice, so they get railed by Ice Punch/Shard/Fang/Beam/Whatever.

Flygon, due to its higher attack stat and speed stat, completely owns Nidoking.
The only thing Nidoking really has over Flygon is SR and Toxic Spikes.

If OP wants a Dragon, most of them are OP anyway.
Flygon's a good Scarfed revenge.
Kingdra's a beast and works even if your team's a touch ice weak already.
Mence and Garchomp are OP.
Dragonite has good Extremespeed sets.
Altaria's fair.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 12:29:18 AM by Level5Pidgey »
Read my Game Design Blog!

And that one, lone, distressed flying Krabby went on to become the most powerful being in the Universe.

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2010, 07:01:36 AM »
Dragonite has good Extremespeed sets.

Can't forget Super Power; one of the reasons I've always preferred Dragonite to 'mence anyway, obvious aesthetic reasons aside.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2010, 08:28:46 PM »
reshiram and zekrom would be good  ;D
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2010, 10:15:54 PM »
reshiram and zekrom would be good  ;D

too bad they are legendary....

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2010, 06:21:56 PM »
good point

how about sazandora or ononokusu from the 5th region oh yeah i forgot to tell you we have to wait till spring of 2011
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline PkMn Trainer Black

• Good Trainer
  • Everyone's changing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2010, 03:36:38 PM »
Flygon or Kingdra

My flygon knows fly(for evasion & fighting/grass types), Flamethrower( ice/steel types and to boost power),dig(evasion and since earthquake can't hit with levitate in effect), and draco meteor(you should already know 8) )

kingdra is the most balanced dragon(besides arceus) in gen 4. I ould prefer it knowing Dragon pulse, ice beam, waterfall and dragon dance.
Even if one person steales waht you deserve, your reward will be even better than the last if you head down the right path.

Showdown Username: Shining Darkness

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2010, 03:04:10 AM »
As of currently i have 4/6 pokemon inn my team && I would like a dragon type to be included for the 5th or even both spots left.. Im having a hard time choosing bewteen the following pokemon ...

Dragonite
Salamence
Altaria
Garchomp
Kingdra

Pls, list which one you think is better and if you can why you think so along with a moveset if that isn't asking to much.. Thnks in advance !  :)
Also, If you would like to include two of the pokemon I listed that is fine because I do have two spots left  8)

Dragonite, Salamence, Altaria AND Garchomp... all have 4x Ice weakness, but have specific traits which can overcome said weakness, if with much difficulty. Kingdra is particularly relevant due to it's Ice resistance and is a Sp.Atk type Dragon Pkmn. Although it's stats seem to be much lower. i can show each Pokemon's strengths and weaknesses (mostly opinionated):

Dragonite- a balanced powerhouse with more Attack and HP generally. Physical moves like Dragon Claw or Dragon Rush and Fly have greater impact, but can learn attacks like Ice Punch to counter it's own.
-Rock, Ice, Dragon weaknesses; the most formidable foe would be Aerodactyl, as it is faster and can deliver a fatal blow quickly.

Salamence-Intimidate lowers attack of opponents, around same stats as Dragonite but less Defense and Sp.Def generally. Powerhouse and physical moves like Dragon Claw, Dragon Rush, and Fly have greater impact.
-Rock, Ice, Dragon weaknesses; most formidable foe is Articuno. Ice-type Speed/Sp.Atk can take down Salamence in a flash.

Altaria-Status type Dragon Pkmn, mainly used to Dodge and irritate opponents pkmn, balanced stats.
-weak in terms of anything in regards to Dragon Pkmn, most formidable foe is Walrein. A hefty Def/Sp.Atk type Ice Pkmn can kill before taken out themselves. Abomasnow is also potent.

Kingdra-Sp.Atk Dragon type, has very unique characteristics with other Sp.Moves
-Mainly weak in Defense and Speed most formidable foe is Garchomp. Fast dragon move delivery will take this down.

Garchomp-Highly effective Dragon AND Ground type in terms of Speed/Attack.
-Weak vs. Ice, Dragon yet has trouble with Flying, Ghost and Steel pokemon. Most formidable foe is Drifblim, seeing as some status moves and effects can keelhaul Garchomp without damage being done.
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2010, 04:49:20 AM »
As of currently i have 4/6 pokemon inn my team && I would like a dragon type to be included for the 5th or even both spots left.. Im having a hard time choosing bewteen the following pokemon ...

Dragonite
Salamence
Altaria
Garchomp
Kingdra

Pls, list which one you think is better and if you can why you think so along with a moveset if that isn't asking to much.. Thnks in advance !  :)
Also, If you would like to include two of the pokemon I listed that is fine because I do have two spots left  8)

Dragonite, Salamence, Altaria AND Garchomp... all have 4x Ice weakness, but have specific traits which can overcome said weakness, if with much difficulty. Kingdra is particularly relevant due to it's Ice resistance and is a Sp.Atk type Dragon Pkmn. Although it's stats seem to be much lower. i can show each Pokemon's strengths and weaknesses (mostly opinionated):

Dragonite- a balanced powerhouse with more Attack and HP generally. Physical moves like Dragon Claw or Dragon Rush and Fly have greater impact, but can learn attacks like Ice Punch to counter it's own.
-Rock, Ice, Dragon weaknesses; the most formidable foe would be Aerodactyl, as it is faster and can deliver a fatal blow quickly.

Salamence-Intimidate lowers attack of opponents, around same stats as Dragonite but less Defense and Sp.Def generally. Powerhouse and physical moves like Dragon Claw, Dragon Rush, and Fly have greater impact.
-Rock, Ice, Dragon weaknesses; most formidable foe is Articuno. Ice-type Speed/Sp.Atk can take down Salamence in a flash.

Altaria-Status type Dragon Pkmn, mainly used to Dodge and irritate opponents pkmn, balanced stats.
-weak in terms of anything in regards to Dragon Pkmn, most formidable foe is Walrein. A hefty Def/Sp.Atk type Ice Pkmn can kill before taken out themselves. Abomasnow is also potent.

Kingdra-Sp.Atk Dragon type, has very unique characteristics with other Sp.Moves
-Mainly weak in Defense and Speed most formidable foe is Garchomp. Fast dragon move delivery will take this down.

Garchomp-Highly effective Dragon AND Ground type in terms of Speed/Attack.
-Weak vs. Ice, Dragon yet has trouble with Flying, Ghost and Steel pokemon. Most formidable foe is Drifblim, seeing as some status moves and effects can keelhaul Garchomp without damage being done.
this is why being a mono dragon trainer is so freaking hard...
I like salamance's new ability, Earthquake Spirial. it raises its attack every time it faints a pkmn.give it a max sweep set, meaning, only attack moves. for Garchomp focus on its speed, it is one of the fastest dragons available. draqonite: take advantage of its high defs, give it roost to take off damage from setting up a dragon dance.  I could talk all day on how to use dragons, so that is all I will say in this post be back later to impart more wisdom.

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2010, 09:58:13 PM »
oh i just thought all of the previous pokemon games will not be able to play the other pokemon
TRANSMISSION_END